GTS Side exhaust conversion...need help solving drone problem.

drymeout

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2000 GTS with high flow cats and side exit conversion not sure what mufflers or cats with a terrible drone. I want to keep the side exit but try to eliminate the drone. Anyone done this? If so, by what method? I don't mind it being loud just can't handle the drone. Was thinking I like the Corsa rear exit sound. Has anyone installed a corsa side exit setup with high flow cats on a GTS? How does it sound and more important...did it eliminate the drone?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PM triblk6spd. He had some badass mufflers in his side sills with his Roe setup that were pretty expensive. They didn't kill the drone from the Roe, but they may work on a NA car.

Real men have bleeding ears...

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real men have bleeding ears...

Srew that. I'm trying to preserve what's left of mine. I was instructing at Viper Days some years back with a guy in a RT/10 who had major exhaust work and no cats/big mufflers. It was literally painful. I told him to find someone else to ride with him.:nono:

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think to fix drone, you need either really restrictive mufflers, or a place where the 2 sides of exhaust can cross over.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The new stock Viper mufflers are Corsa styled/engineered and don't drone. PM Rizzo as he bought an 04 and then changed to 09 exhaust and reported that he likes it. No drone.

The rear exit exhaust sound completely different becausethe exhaust system is more than twice the volume which mellows the tone.

Side exhaust is from everything except Gen 2

Ted

chopperpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same issue with an 01 GTS that has the side pipe conversion. I read on this forum that JonB at partsrack.com is an excellent resource so I gave him a call. He listened to me, recommended a solution, and supplied the parts at an excellent price. He really knows Vipers and now my Viper sounds great and there’s no drone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4