Ga and Al/Tn BBQ July 31st (Fl, N.C and S.C too )

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man i really wish I could make this!! I am closing on a new house on the 30th and my damn car is leaking oil/coolant!!! Looks like it might be the timing cover gasket! How about you come over to TN for a weekend and fix this for me?

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man i really wish I could make this!! I am closing on a new house on the 30th and my damn car is leaking oil/coolant!!! Looks like it might be the timing cover gasket! How about you come over to TN for a weekend and fix this for me?

I wish I had time but I'm covered up right now with non Viper stuff and still have to put one Viper back together asap.

You can knock that out yourself....plenty of time before the 31st.

Rives1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I just saw this. I am off of I65 in southern TN, so you aren't but 3 hours away. Wish I could make it on Saturday. Will anyone be doing any cruising on Sunday, or do you think that everyone will head home then?

Anyway, sounds like it would be a blast.

-------------------------
'04 Red SRT-10 drop-top

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something is usually planned on Sunday for those that stick around. Maybe another trip to dragstrip?? :D
PM a mod to get upgraded to Viper Owner (or join the VCA for more benefits)

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still planning on coming, but might be without the Viper.:(

I noticed a knocking recently and thought it was something in the drivetrain, but went to see a tuner I trust and he listened to it. We were able to isolate the sound to the passenger side of the engine and he said it sounds like a spun bearing to him. Taking the car to the shop on Friday and if that is the case, I will be without the car for a little while. The good news is my 7/70,000 is still good until Oct. I'm hoping I can push for a full Arrow rebuild if it is something serious.

Rives1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uvbnbit, thanks, I'm working on getting the "viper owner" title. a mod let me know that it was because I hadn't listed my vin#.

I would be after dark before I made it there on Saturday, so, unless there was some activity on Sunday, I probably won't be able to make it.
It sounds like a lot of fun, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still planning on coming, but might be without the Viper.:(

I noticed a knocking recently and thought it was something in the drivetrain, but went to see a tuner I trust and he listened to it. We were able to isolate the sound to the passenger side of the engine and he said it sounds like a spun bearing to him. Taking the car to the shop on Friday and if that is the case, I will be without the car for a little while. The good news is my 7/70,000 is still good until Oct. I'm hoping I can push for a full Arrow rebuild if it is something serious.

All the bearings are located center of the engine so i'm not sure how you can isolate it to one side or another. By killing spark or fuel individually to cylinders you might could isolate it that way. It's so easy to inspect the bearings, you have plenty of time. That said...if it's under warranty bring it anyway :D
Actually, Chip and myself are experts at locating noises !!

I would be after dark before I made it there on Saturday, so, unless there was some activity on Sunday, I probably won't be able to make it.
It sounds like a lot of fun, though.

Sorry you can't make it Saturday. Honestly if you can only come Sunday it's probably not worth a long haul.

Road Trip :2tu:

Come on down !!!!!!!!!!!1

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You being in Alabama maybe you can make it. You do not have to be a VCA member ..... the reason being is that after any non-member sees the fun times we have, hopefully they will go ahead and join.
Where are you in Al. ?

Tony,
we're in the most N/E corner of Bama, on the 'Mountain' :D
about 40 min. west of chattanooga ;)

We had the pleasure of meeting some of the TN/AL/GA Vipers a couple of years ago at the Monteagle Cruise, it sure was a lot of fun :2tu:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll call ya later and let you know. Its 3pm, I'm about to go bar hopping. Oh wait, no, thats you :drinker: :D

I was at a bachelor party, drinking rules go out the window for those. Wait until Derby is back, then we'll start closer to 10 am :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth