SCT Tuner

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to Dan over at DC Performance about an SCT Programer and it's potentials. Before buying I'd like some feedback from those of you who have one and have used it.

Performance gains?

Throttle response?

ETC?

Please give me your honest thoughts on the real life expectations of this device.

Thanks to all who help me decide.
Sal

(Moderators- should this be in the performance section? If so please move. Thank you)

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a roe tuned SCT on my 04 with all bolt ons and I absolutely loved the difference it made. In fact I just ordered another SCT from Roe today for my 06 coupe:2tu: cant wait to get it plug in once all the goodies I have ordered arrive:drive:

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a roe tuned SCT on my 04 with all bolt ons and I absolutely loved the difference it made. In fact I just ordered another SCT from Roe today for my 06 coupe:2tu: cant wait to get it plug in once all the goodies I have ordered arrive:drive:

I thought you could tune 3 different cars with the one tuner? I read that in an old post.

I did a search for older posts and only found one in the last few years. I was hoping for some further feedback. Where did you feel the biggest difference?
Thank you
Sal

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tuner is locked onto one car. You can load 3 different tunes for the same car, but not multiple cars.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an SCT tuner from Roe Racing, and can say the biggest improvement is driving in hot conditions.
Normally, when the car reads high ambient temperatures it added a bunch more fuel, or wasw it pull timing:dunno:....... either way, when it was hot I could easily feel it was down on power, which should be hard in a car with this much power.

After the SCT I haven't noticed this tendency, and picked up almost 20 hp on the dyno.

Highly recommend:2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be the first performance mod without a doubt. Good mid range gains and much Improved throttle response.

Spoke to Dan over at DC Performance about an SCT Programer and it's potentials. Before buying I'd like some feedback from those of you who have one and have used it.

Performance gains?

Throttle response?

ETC?

Please give me your honest thoughts on the real life expectations of this device.

Thanks to all who help me decide.
Sal

(Moderators- should this be in the performance section? If so please move. Thank you)

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sal, what kind of mods do you have in place?? Does this kind of positive feeback apply to just modified cars or those with little to no modifications done?
Slight highjack in a way...shhhhhhh

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper specialty sct is the cheapest one I personally found for sale and I love the performance gains

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed the SCT on my 05. Got it from Dan at Viper Specialties. Best price and great service. He's a wealth of knowledge and always answered my stupid questions about the SCT as well as a bunch of other questions. It works great. Got rid of most of the decel popping too which was nice.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sal, what kind of mods do you have in place?? Does this kind of positive feeback apply to just modified cars or those with little to no modifications done?
Slight highjack in a way...shhhhhhh

I've got thermostat, cold air, headers, no cats and exhaust. That's really it.
I spoke to Dan Cragin at DC and he seems to really know the product. Just need to scratch together a few extra dollars and answer some tuning questions.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not good at "seat of the pants" gains. I did notice that it smoothed the car out a LOT and got rid of the popping on decel. It also takes care of any CEL from no cats and eliminates the skip-shift feature.

sbarbier

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's the best investment I've made so far. Corsa exhaust, smooth tubes and K&N are the only other performance mods I have. I immediately noticed a difference in mid-range pick up.

I got mine locally here for a hell of a deal and a packaged tune from Sean. Do it, you'll love it!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my SCT pre-owned (I'm the 2nd owner) and purchased (3) tunes from Roe Racing. A quick email to Sean and he emailed me back the tunes I requested: 91 octane, 93 octane, and one I came up with called Valet (RPM limited to 2500; speed limited to 35). :D
Sean emailed the tunes within 2 hours.
I installed them in the SCT.
I installed them in the truck.
Painless.

As far as gains, I don't have any dyno sheets.
SOTP feel was immediate though. It felt like I had either a brand new engine, or someone put in a whole extra gear. :)

I'm VERY happy with the SCT and the tunes from Roe.
I've only heard good things about the ones from DC and Viper Specialties as well.

My mods are extensive, but basically: CAI, no cats, MagnaFAIL cat back, OEM t-stat.

The tuner is locked onto one car. You can load 3 different tunes for the same car, but not multiple cars.
Sorry TowDawg, but that's incorrect.

The SCT can be used on 3 different vehicles.
After that, it needs to be sent back to SCT along with $$$ for them to reset it.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the statement is true but the first car has to be returned to stock before it can be used on a second car. Maybe Sean or Dan can clarify this.

ANy used ones out there. Always like to save a buck when I can.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235