Viper ACR Roadster

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the Autoweek article:

"However, doing an ACR roadster correctly took a bit of work by the SRT engineering staff. Parts such as the adjustable KW suspension, Stoptech rotors, lighter wheels, short shifter and new fifth and sixth gears were easy, but the aerodynamic improvements required attention. With the aero differences between the coupe and convertible, a new, lower wing and light revisions to the front splitter had to be developed and undergo many hours of wind-tunnel testing."

The SRT engineers are GREAT!! Do you think the BowTie guys would have done wind tunnel testing and made special parts for a production of 20 cars? Yeah, right.

I LOVE CHRYSLER!

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best quote in the comments!

" Still, why do Vipers always have to be painted in such loud shades of "I need attention because daddy never loved me" yellow? "

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Milkman,

Heh, it was not done in just the " Mellow Yellow," , but in Luscious Lipstick Red, Milkman White, and Midnight Black. We covered the entire spectrum as much as possible so the " Color Wars , " could continue with the wonderful fervor we have seen over the years.

Yellow is Fastest, no Red is fastest, er, Black is even faster, White is super quick and ................................

Willie Da P:headbang:

Reaction score
There is press on the Woodhouse Edition ACR everywhere! I'm taking a collection for a new helmet for WillydaP if anyone cares to chip in. :lmao:

Congrats again brother on your excellent choice for the final cars. :2tu:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is press on the Woodhouse Edition ACR everywhere! I'm taking a collection for a new helmet for WillydaP if anyone cares to chip in. :lmao:

Congrats again brother on your excellent choice for the final cars. :2tu:

I will GIVE him the helmet if he will give me an ACR convertable in exchange for it (the real 1:1 thing bunch of smarties, not a scale model)!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps.....one of those could be the next........(wait- here it comes.........):omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

RAFFLE CAR!!!:headbang:
Of course it would have to be a yellow one, and have the black stripes....:usa:

Willie Da P- I have less than 500 miles on my new car and I already want a new one!!!
DANG it!:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

PBR

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
No we just installed it. If you want to see more go to our Facebook page (Woodhouse Motorsports Division) I do pictures and updates on many of the things we have on going. I also have discussions and question areas.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What else would have been cool, If they had put the rear of the coupe on it as well, But probably been a screw up in the wind tunnel. Might have give a few more pounds down force.:D:D

V

Venomiss

What else would have been cool, If they had put the rear of the coupe on it as well, But probably been a screw up in the wind tunnel. Might have give a few more pounds down force.:D:D

Love that idea. Would be awesome.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really wish they stop painting the wing and leave the Carbon so everyone can see. That is the way they come with center stripe cars.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nader,

Good point, but in the case of this car and others you can see why the wing is painted --- those black stripes would not show up very well, ha. They did toss this around, and we made a request a long time ago for ACR buyers, if the stripe was not black to just leave the wing alone. Apparently it was decided it did not keep the continuity of the car.

In the old days no one would really even listen, and with this car, Tomball's and Roanoke's , it signals how much more open and willing the New Chrysler is. This is a quantum shift that started over the past 3-5 years, but the changes since the Summer of 09 are so dramatic, most of us are still in shock over the can do approaches in the Pentastar Pavillion!!!!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am impressed at just how much Dodge listens to its customers, especially the SRT group and the Viper engineers.

As for the wing, i can understand their thought but I still think it would look better. I remember in 2008 when the first ACR came out, Motortrend did a write up that pitted the street and track version of certain cars against other brands i.e. Viper - Viper ACR, 911 - 911 GT3, Gallardo - Superlegra etc. The ACR they used was all red and did have an exposed Carbon wing on it. Man was it stunning. I assume it was simply a marketing test car.

Nader,

Good point, but in the case of this car and others you can see why the wing is painted --- those black stripes would not show up very well, ha. They did toss this around, and we made a request a long time ago for ACR buyers, if the stripe was not black to just leave the wing alone. Apparently it was decided it did not keep the continuity of the car.

In the old days no one would really even listen, and with this car, Tomball's and Roanoke's , it signals how much more open and willing the New Chrysler is. This is a quantum shift that started over the past 3-5 years, but the changes since the Summer of 09 are so dramatic, most of us are still in shock over the can do approaches in the Pentastar Pavillion!!!!

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone help answer a question? I want to know if the original factory boot cover fits properly with the new rear closeout panel that comes with the rollbar kit like the one pictured in this thread. On a factory boot cover, the outer molded side pieces (shaped like a lobster claw) have a lip that catches under the factory closeout panel. In the photo, part of the area that it would clip under is cut away where the outer hoop of the rollbar passes through. I already asked Mark J. and he wasn't sure about the fit. Thanks!

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like an Autoform Bar. I have one in my '08 and the factory closeout panel fits. Not as nice as before the bar, but good enough

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ditto to what thompsonsracing said.

Autoform bar, fit is OK.