ACR suspension: need help tuning

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not been able to find any threads on proper specs for the suspension settings.

I have a '99 ACR.

Previous owner lowered the car, but I think that he did it improperly. The front of the car starts to lift at 180 and gets far too uncomfortable by 190 (in comparison to a C5/C6). Does anybody have the proper specs or suggestions to set up the suspension for more stability? I do want to keep the car low.

Thanks,
Nick

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember GK saying the GTS makes about:
100lbs of rear Downforce
25lbs of Front LIFT.
I forget at what speed though. Im thinking 100
One would think the lower you set the front end the less lift your would have. However its possible that the aerodynamic design of the front airdam works best at a specific hight with the air building up and causing the majority to go over the chin.

If you want any front downforce your gonna need a functional splitter.

like this:
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
W

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea that the car created so much lift.

I was under the impression that it could do 190+ without any aero enhancements. But if the car is making that much lift at 100, it would definitely help to have a front splitter.

Initially I thought about lowering just the front of the car, but I don't want to make it unstable by just changing one aspect.

Nick

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
25lbs is Nothing compared to the average vehicle...

More areodynamics/downforce = More resistance = LESS Top Speed
(which is why the Current ACR has a Lower top speed than the Base Viper. 181 mph ACR vs 202 mph Base

190+ lol:), where are you running??

OP
OP
W

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured that Dodge would have aimed for downforce over lift. I realize that downforce does slow the vehicle, that's why I thought that the car could pass 190 with no aero mods.

Mexico.

Nick

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The factory setting for the ride height of your Viper ACR is approximately 5-1/8" front and 5-1/4" rear, measured at the frame rail at the axle centerlines (with full fuel and no passengers). Lowering your vehicle more than 1" from the factory settings is not recommended."

This is from the DS shock manual. I know you have the Koni's, but I'm guessing the ride height is the same and the rake angle described is proper to keep the car on the ground.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory settings have to meet federal laws. The shop manual isn't gonna suggest lowering the car without a "for track use only" preface.