Help with placing an ad in Classifieds

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone help me place an ad for my Viper?
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - I follow all the steps, then try to upload the ad with pics, and after a minute I get kicked back to the "place an ad" step one again..

Am I missing something? There is no error message, just get sent back to the ad screen..

I'm getting frustrated :dunno:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the ad is completed, you go to a "preview" of the ad. No confirmation it went through correctly or other message. If you're actually getting kicked back to step 1 (where you select "for sale", "wanted" or "help wanted"), definitely sounds like a prob for some reason. Are your pics too big? If no mod can help you, I'll be glad to place the ad if you send me the pics, ad description, price, etc. For my email address, add "@aol.com" to my user name.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue is with your pictures. Resize them to 800x600(-ish), and then upload them. There is a total MB upload limit on the server, and if you're uploading 4 or 5 5MB photos, you're probably exceeding the upload size. Your other choice is to upload one or two photos when you place the ad, then you can add more once the ad is approved.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just approved your ad. Beautiful car, hate to see you sell it, but hope it sells quickly. I know you'll be back!

Kelly

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're very welcome.

Keep in mind that if you edit the ad (price change, add more pictures, text change, etc), the ad will go back into the approval queue. I sweep it multiple times a day, so it won't be there long.