Tires and Child Car Seat

SnakeBit06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I have arrived in Wiesbaden. I already met another Viper owner in Stadecken-Elsheim, he drove a Gen 3, red convertible. Anybody know him? There was a strong language barrier, but he understood Viper Club of America and I showed him my card as I tried to explain that I owned a Viper as well. It was great to see a Viper, but it sure has made me miss my snake...they say it should arrive in mid-August, I can't wait!

I have a few of questions for my German friends.

How do you guys deal with the winter tire requirement? What date are winter tires required? Are PS2's considered "all season" tires? Where do you guys purchase your tires? Any Viper mechanics in the Wiesbaden area?

My son and daughter love riding in my Viper. Is it legal for children under 12 years to ride in a 2 seat car?

Also, the gentlemen I met had a front license plate holder that was mounted on the bottom of his front fascia that looked great. Can any of you tell me where I can find a front license plate bracket?

When is the next get together? I know that Jose will be arriving in November, any chance we can set something up around that time?

Thanks for the help guys,
Eric

Last edited:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I have arrived in Wiesbaden. I already met another Viper owner in Stadecken-Elsheim, he drove a Gen 3, red convertible. Anybody know him? There was a strong language barrier, but he understood Viper Club of America and I showed him my card as I tried to explain that I owned a Viper as well. It was great to see a Viper, but it sure has made me miss my snake...they say it should arrive in mid-August, I can't wait! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no, I dont know him

I have a few of questions for my German friends.

How do you guys deal with the winter tire requirement? What date are winter tires required? Are PS2's considered "all season" tires? Where do you guys purchase your tires? Any Viper mechanics in the Wiesbaden area?.........the road condition. ..........well, if there is a chance for snow (and temps are below 7°C) you should have winter tires Depends where you live. Here, close to the Alps I put on the winter tires in the end of Sept and not later than mid of October.
PS2 are for sure no all season tires (there must be a snow flake on the tire in a triangle to be a real winter tire!) and there are NO winter tires for a Viper. I would never drive the car when the road is cold and damp.

My son and daughter love riding in my Viper. Is it legal for children under 12 years to ride in a 2 seat car?.............yes. My son (now close to 12) drove already as a baby in the baby seat in my first GTS. You will need a special seat or cushion, depending on the age and weight

Also, the gentlemen I met had a front license plate holder that was mounted on the bottom of his front fascia that looked great. Can any of you tell me where I can find a front license plate bracket?....JonB has FLP brackets http://partsrack.blastmart.com/customer/product.php?productid=1385&cat=

When is the next get together? I know that Jose will be arriving in November, any chance we can set something up around that time?.......by November my snakes will be in hibernation

Thanks for the help guys,
Eric[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator: