The Basics - Step By Step Instructions On How To Use The VCA Web Forums

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No idea. The International Viper Registry is not owned or maintained by the VCA. Jay Herbert (who is a VCA Member) owns that site. You might shoot him a PM and ask him your question.

V

Venomiss

This is a great thread for all those new members who need information on how to use the site so be sure and read from the beginning.:)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and here is the most important part of this thread.....

SEARCH FEATURE
Almost every question you can think of has already been asked and answered! In some cases, the information may be out of date and a new thread will be needed, but in many cases, an answer to your question may be under 10 seconds away!

The VCA Web Forums has a search feature very similar to web search engines like Google. By typing in a few words, it will search all old posts since the website was created to find words matching what you typed in. Be mindful though, the more words you type the fewer results you will get as it will try to find posts only with all of the words you types. In saying that as well, by using words like “The” and “It” you will get hundreds if not thousands of threads. I might suggest sticking to main words. Also try to avoid year specific searches. It will block out a lot of good info. For example:

“What is the best exhaust system for my 2006”

It might be better as:

“best exhaust”

To do a search, click on Search located in the center of the Directional Information Toolbar. If you are wanting a quick overall search, just type in the words in the search box. For this example, we will go with an Advanced Search as you can further clarify your search parameters.

Once you have clicked on Search, click Advanced Search located under the Quick Search field.

Type in the key words you want to search for. Once you have typed in your key words, click on the drop down arrow on the Search All Open Forums tab located on the lower right side of the Search page if you would like to clarify your search. Choose a specific forums you would like the question searched under. In some cases this is not needed but if you are wanting the best exhaust for your 2008, you will not want the threads from the 1992 cars. This feature helps to cut down on the amount of non-applicable information that will be presented to you. Do remember though, by selecting the one section you are narrowing down the number of places the search will look. If there was a thread in the Racing section, and you only selected the SRT section, you will not see that information. This menu can be useful if used correctly.

Once complete, click Search and see your answers! Feel free to play, there is no limit to the amount of searches you can do!

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
and here is the most important part of this thread.....

SEARCH FEATURE

I find the best way to search the forums is through Google. When you enter your search terms add "site:forums.viperclub.org" (without the quotes) and it will only search this site. Much more accurate that the internal search.

V

Venomiss

One more thing to add in for new members joining the VCA.

New members can join online here:

http://www.viperclub.org/join

If you are a renewing member the link for that is here:

http://www.viperclub.org/membership/

Note that it is not the same password as the forums so you will need to generate a different password the first time you use it.

Overseas members still need to go through their local regions to sign up and join.
All current VCA members received a renewal notice in the mail.
Please disregard if you have already signed up. Thank you for supporting the VCA!

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find the best way to search the forums is through Google. When you enter your search terms add "site:forums.viperclub.org" (without the quotes) and it will only search this site. Much more accurate that the internal search.

Thank you! This method is awesome. The search utility on the VCA site...how should I put this nicely...*****! Thanks again.

V

Venomiss

For all the new members we have coming in for 2011 please make sure and read this thread from the beginning on page 1.

It will help all members understand and use certain features on this site.
Mopar Boy did a fantastic job setting it up and explaining it in detail.

V

Venomiss

For those brand new members joining online from the USA please note that you can choose your region that you want to join.

On the third page when joining online it says "Choose a region" and has a drop down arrow.
Clicking on that will bring up all the listed VCA regions to choose from.

djr2203

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuel gauge

Hi everyone. just got my first viper. What a car. 1999 with 4k miles. I love it. The fuel guage doesn't seem to be very acurate. Is this a common issue?:D
/

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dj - Welcome to the Webboards and the VCA! Congrats on your car!

Yes, common issues. I still dont seem to get good mileage after this many years either! ;)

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I make my picture bigger?

I have had this questions a few times and after the most recent request, I thought it time to post this.

When in your gallery and high lighting the link, it looks like this:

1414.JPG

1516.JPG

When you paste it in the forum, it will look something like this:

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/image0026.jpg[/img

And it will appear this big:

[img]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/image0026.jpg

But how do you make it bigger? Its all in the coding. See the word medium in the link?

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500[B]/medium[/B]/image0026.jpg[/img

The word "medium" and a "/" needs to disappear so the picture reverts back to original size status: large. Observe the two changes:

[img]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/image0026.jpg[/img

[img]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/image0026.jpg[/img

Now, it will appear like this, full size!

[img]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/image0026.jpg

That's it!! :)

Robert

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Forgot to mention that White is more rare and special than yellow And made to be faster ie. Body in White! ...lol ! ;)

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, great info!

Welcome to the forums! And congrats on your first post!

You Forgot to mention that White is more rare and special than yellow And made to be faster ie. Body in White! ...lol ! ;)

I thought not best to put someone new down by telling them their non yellow car is slow.....but since you brought it up...... :D

WickedSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Owner – This is a Viper owner, but an owner that is not a member of the VCA. By entering your vehicle VIN number (Vehicle Identification Number is found on the drivers side A pillar or on your vehicle ownership) into the VIN area while registering to the site, you will automatically gain this title.

Doesn't work.

-Wicked

WickedSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ViperJeff. Looks like this site needs some updating. Doesn't inspire confidence or desire to have a paying membership when things look neglected/outdated and pretty slow here. I'm finding the facegroup Viper groups to be more current and informative (along with pics/videos that are accessible right off the bat). Suggest fixing giving this place a tune-up for better running.

-Wicked