Thanks Tom

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll follow the review format that no one has followed before :)

- PRODUCT(S)/SERVICE(S) PURCHASED: Tom's 40mm brakes
- DATE PURCHASED: 7/12/10
- DATE SHIPPED: 7/13/10
- DATE ARRIVED: 7/16/10
- PRODUCT/SERVICE QUALITY (1-10): 10
- CUSTOMER SERVICE (1-10): 10
- WOULD PURCHASE FROM AGAIN? (Y or N): Y

- COMMENTS: Great upgrade. I was debating doing this upgrade before but didn't and soon realized how much trouble the stock brakes can get you into. After the upgrade the car brakes much better and quicker, you will notice a difference right away. The install took about 2 hours and that is with no prior experience of changing brakes ever...Thanks Tom...

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is something that I have been debating on whether or not to do to my car. With your positive remarks about then entire process and the fact that it is possibly the least expensive Brake upgrade available, I am thinking this may be the route for me.

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if they were needed on my car i'd do them

I didn't think I needed the upgrade either until I couldn't stop and locked all wheels and ended up with 4 brand new ps2 tires bald in one spot and feel the bump every rotation of wheel. Do it before it's too late and you end up spending a lot more...:rolaugh:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've got an '02, tom's fine upgrade is for non-abs.

thanks for the advice anyway, hate driving on flat spotted tires (last time i flat spotted tires was on an abs bmw :omg: thump thump thump thump)

:drive:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you drive a 1992-2000 Viper, street, track, or Auto-X, this "Poor Mans Brake Upgrade" is THE best-value upgrade. I already had 10 years on my GTS when i 'got around to it'....what a ***** I was to wait. Hard, threshold-braking is just WAAAY more stable and predictable, and safe.

And it balances the 'front-heavy' bias to forestall flat-spotted fronts, because the braking has a much better feel. DO STAINLESS LINES same time.

DO IT

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know Tom personally here in NY. He's one of the nicest, most intelligent and honorable folks you'll ever meet!

His product and his service will not be beat!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper