just bought a black 06 srt10 coupe, Pictures of black factory wheels anyone?

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just bought a 06 black srt10 coupe, and was debating on powdercoating the factory wheels black. Anyone got any pictures of one just so I could get an idea of what it looks like?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which wheels, the 5 spokes or 10 spokes? THe Ultimate Wheel Thread should have what you are looking for.

Bruce

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's probably the best thing to do with those wheels...they aren't pretty.

Be sure to add a little pinstripe or something to break up where the tire meets the wheel. Otherwise all black looks too dull

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just looked through the ultimate wheel thread and didnt come across anything, i guess i'll keep searching. I figured if someone had a picture they could just post it up real quick

BlkViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not a coupe, but should give you a good idea.... Powdercoated gloss black.

IMG_02601.JPG

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen black coupes with 5 spoke powder coated black. It looks really good compared the 10 spoke.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's probably the best thing to do with those wheels...they aren't pretty.

Be sure to add a little pinstripe or something to break up where the tire meets the wheel. Otherwise all black looks too dull

Agreed. I just don't understand the desire to do anything with those wheels. That is like throwing toilet paper over a ****. The **** is still there.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. I just don't understand the desire to do anything with those wheels. That is like throwing toilet paper over a ****. The **** is still there.

Well, its at the very least a cheap fix until he can get some 5 spokes or aftermarket wheels:drive:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I may use that descriptive....may I quote you ?!?

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Honestly the best thing you can do for these cars is some aftermarket rims and drop it and inch. It REALLY sets these things off...You cant go wrong with HRE or if you dont have the coin CCW makes a nice rim!

My coupe is red with some black HRE P40's i dont want to toot my own horn but its looks SICK!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly the best thing you can do for these cars is some aftermarket rims and drop it and inch. It REALLY sets these things off...You cant go wrong with HRE or if you dont have the coin CCW makes a nice rim!

My coupe is red with some black HRE P40's i dont want to toot my own horn but its looks SICK!

pictures? :D

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is ExplorerThis's car:

You must be registered for see images

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good grief charlie brown..some nice srt's in this thread

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Because some of us don't have another 4-5k sitting around to waste on after market wheels.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because some of us don't have another 4-5k sitting around to waste on after market wheels.

Well, I can understand that...to an extent. Aren't we driving Vipers?:lmao:

Seriously though, there are about 30 million 6 spokes on eBay for sale for $1400 shipped..switchout tires, do a little powdercoating if you wish, and you're set!

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have and have had that wheel, so just stating it as I see it. I tried painting a set too, and it still just is a bad design to begin with. There are stock five spokes and six spokes in abundance fairly cheaply. If you are going to spend the money to paint something, just do a decent looking factory rim. Or, pony up some cash, sell your stockers, and be set for a couple grand. Painting turds leaves you with a painted **** is my point. No offense intended.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow....perfect examples why I don't like all black wheels. I do agree though the ten spoke aren't making it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets