Vipair hood and 2010 stripes

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well I finally went and did it, with much deliberation on a new Vipair style hood and after seeing the stripes on the 2010’s to many others dismay and friendly banter back and forth I put them on my car (Obviously I liked them)!! I didn’t want bold in your face stripes so I went with matte black stripes over my black car, they turned out good and I am happy with them though they are tough to see in the pics!

Without further ado............

You must be registered for see images attach

Let the debate and opinions fly!! :D

Tony2

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had planned to do Gen3 flat black stripes on my car before i decided to sell it ala tripleblk6spd's old GTS. Nonetheless, they look awesome!

OP
OP
T

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had planned to do Gen3 flat black stripes on my car before i decided to sell it ala tripleblk6spd's old GTS. Nonetheless, they look awesome!

Yes that is where the idea came from, then I saw the 2010 stripes and it just snow balled from there!

They actually show up a bit better in person, my crappy camera skills don't do them justice.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I figured I would have gotten more of a mixed bag of reviews due to the strong dislike from most on the wider stripes.

Tony2

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony as soon as I saw it I could tell the look you were going for.:2tu: Looks smokin man! Great job! Damn I can't wait to get mine painted and on the car. How was the prep time on the hood? Mine should go in next week for paint.

Andy:headbang:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did that to my SRT-10 truck too and it looked great. your looks great too.

Bruce

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess ill be the honest one here.. the rims look amazing.. the hood is perfection..

the strips **** balls.. nice car though! its whatever you like that counts

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it looks great and for one that hates black rims, the ones you have look pretty good on your car.

OP
OP
T

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony as soon as I saw it I could tell the look you were going for.:2tu: Looks smokin man! Great job! Damn I can't wait to get mine painted and on the car. How was the prep time on the hood? Mine should go in next week for paint.
Andy:headbang:

There were lots of pinholes and waves, my body shop was not enjoying it much! That being said I still have a bit of waves in a couple of areas that bug me a bit which I am not sure what to do about yet if anything.

i personally love the rims!! Tony how much did the hood cost you totall?

The hood was approx $1,500, then with the prep, paint, stripes, etc that was another $3,000. Keep in mind this is in Canada so it affects shipping, and labor!

Thanks for the rest of the comments and feedback guys! Maybe I will actually get a chance to drive it this summer now!! :2tu:

Tony2

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were lots of pinholes and waves, my body shop was not enjoying it much! That being said I still have a bit of waves in a couple of areas that bug me a bit which I am not sure what to do about yet if anything.

The hood was approx $1,500, then with the prep, paint, stripes, etc that was another $3,000. Keep in mind this is in Canada so it affects shipping, and labor!

Thanks for the rest of the comments and feedback guys! Maybe I will actually get a chance to drive it this summer now!! :2tu:

Tony2

Crap, so putting the gen 4 hood on my car for around 2k totall is a pipe dream i take it? lol

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Crap, so putting the gen 4 hood on my car for around 2k totall is a pipe dream i take it? lol
You won't get that Vipair hood, which is carbon fiber, for 2k counting the hood, prep, paint and install unless that is one crappy paint job. I have the same hood and it turned out great but took a whole bunch of prep, and I mean alot.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least you spelled "Labor" correctly. Love you Alberta Rednecks!!!!!!!!! I am not a fan of the larger aftermarket rims, but the rest of the car looks good. Put the Snake badge back on the front.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! But then I'm a bit partial to the vipair hehe.

I've thought of doing subtle-color stripes as a refresh for my car sometime, was thinking like a very dark charcoal, yours looks great, nice to see how it looks with the vipair. Thanks for posting pics.

Dave.

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, I like the rims as well and the stripes are cool, they are there but not "in your face" there.

maybe ill see you around town with it soon. you planning on going to the mopar only car show at COP on the 15th?

V

Venomiss

Beautiful! Turned out very nice and get some more pictures please!

OP
OP
T

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, I like the rims as well and the stripes are cool, they are there but not "in your face" there.

maybe ill see you around town with it soon. you planning on going to the mopar only car show at COP on the 15th?

No go on the 15th, we are heading out of town on the 14th for 9 days. Hopefully the weather is good for you guys and you have fun! :2tu:

Tony2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth