The next VCA raffle is VoooDoo Edition #01!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right, you can order THE #1 2010 VoooDoo Edition Viper ACR for the price of a raffle ticket! We will be posting more pictures tonight and even a (gasp!) online order form where you can pay with ANY major credit card - even American Express and Discover. In the meantime:

Click Here for the Viper Club of America Voodoo Edition #1 Raffle Car

Of course with online ticket ordering and all major credit cards now available, this could be one of the fastest selling raffles in club history. With the 2010 model year being one of the shortest production runs and no future Vipers announced, this could be your last opportunity to acquire a brand new Viper. The 2010's undoubtedly boast the best performance specs of any production Viper and the Vooodoo is a timeless design from Mr. Gilles himself.

So be sure to help support the VCA and VOI 11 by buying a raffle ticket. You just might be announced as the new owner of this beautiful Viper in Salt Lake City! :2tu:

Click here for the Viper Owners Invitational 11 - Salt Lake City

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta be a VCA member to buy tickets (if you are, my apologies, but you're currently just listed as "Viper owner"). 1-800-998-1110 or Vipermagazine.com to sign up :)

Well if they would get around to sending me the info for the membership I have already paid for, I'm sure my status would be updated. ;)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if they would get around to sending me the info for the membership I have already paid for, I'm sure my status would be updated. ;)

You don't have to wait on JRT to send your stuff. You can PM 1 of the mods (KCobean, Lee00BlackSilverGTS) and they can verify your membership status and get you upgraded way before JRT sends your stuff out.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems that there are several of these threads out there....I asked this on one thread and now it is gone.....in the past it seemed that IF you won the raffle car it was delivered to a Dodge dealer near you or your choice !!?? This raffle clearly says that all delivery costs are paid by the winner....correct ?? This could also add another $2000 - 3000 on top of all the taxes owed....?? Just my $.02

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems that there are several of these threads out there....I asked this on one thread and now it is gone.....in the past it seemed that IF you won the raffle car it was delivered to a Dodge dealer near you or your choice !!?? This raffle clearly says that all delivery costs are paid by the winner....correct ?? This could also add another $2000 - 3000 on top of all the taxes owed....?? Just my $.02

Actually it looks like your comments on this are still there on the other threads. And the shipping policy has been in effect for the last 3 or 4 raffles.

And it's a little amusing to hear that someone would be that worried about that. It's equivalent to saying that if one received a $100,000 inheritance from a long lost relative that one would not cough up a few grand to travel to appear in court and receive the inheritance.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And as long as I'm on a roll let's talk about the taxes. For those of you not informed on this issue there are a lot of misconceptions here.

1. The winner pays tax NOT at list price but at what the CLUB pays for the car and trust me on this fact. NO dealer in the world would ever sell a car to an individual at this price.

I cruised the rooms at CAAP before the Finish Line Event and found this car. The window sticker says VCA RAFFLE CAR where the buyers name would normally be. Planning that goes that far back has everyone involved working to push these special cars out at the lowest price possible for the club.

2. The winner is liable for tax on what WE paid at a fixed rate of 28%. So again I always struggle to understand how one would refuse say $100,000 income because one had to pay tax on it. This is not actual income but it's an asset that sure can be converted into real dollars.

3. I'm sure the worry is that if one is a little short of funds how do they come up with the tax. And that's really simple, walk into a bank and finance the car. In the usual car financing transaction you are asking the bank to provide between 80-100% of the funds for the car and you are putting down 20-0% to get that. In THIS instance you are putting down an incredible 72% of the purchase price and only asking the bank to provide 28%. Show me a banker who won't lock up a loan like that.
And I'm not completely sure of this last but I bet the credit report would not even have to look stunning to pull it off.

If the personal financial picture is that bleak put it on the market with 0 miles. Pay off the small bank loan and put the remainder in your pocket. Think you could move it at say $69,900, like in an hour, or one post here? Please call me first.

And if a winner ever had a problem like that I guarantee we would bend over backwards to provide professional advice regarding the transaction.

I actually saw the club gear up like that once in the past when a situation happened like this, I was the Regional President involved with my winning member and the result was spectacular for the winning member who walked away with a wonderful nest egg for his future that he still talks about.
And it was spectacular for the other Club Member who bought and still has the car.

Anyone who wins this car will NOT be sorry, regardless of their current situation. BUY A TICKET, it could change your life, even if you feel you can't afford to keep the car.

V

Venomiss

For all you Viper owners who are not VCA members but want to purchase raffle tickets be sure to note you must be a VCA member by August 27th to be eligible to buy tickets for the VooDoo.

7 days left so don't wait too late and miss your chance.
All it takes is one ticket to win.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
administrator...I wasn't trying to stir up anything, it just happened to be the first time I saw that the winner is responsible for delivery....didn't the raffle cars used to be delivered to the dealer's place the winner wanted ?? I thought that the shipping on the sticker was automatically applied to any car built and had to be delivered to a dealership except...IF a person came to CAAP for personal delivery BUT you still paid for the delivery costs built right into the sticker(with Reliable) anyway !!?? If I am wrong, it will be the second time...just asking a question....as to taxes, people may think that the 28% is all the taxes you pay....NOT A CPA but the amount of the car, say $100,000 gets put on top of the INCOME you have....IF you are in the 35% tax bracket, you owe the original 28% mandatory paid to get the car then IRS will gladly hold your hand to get the other 7% or so you owe....also IF you live in a state with an income tax, this additional $100000 gross appears on the state taxes you owe ( I think Ohio is 7.6 %) so add the 7.6% THEN when you register the car don't you also have to pay the sate's sales tax as well ( Ohio is 6.5%) but the 6.5 is there no matter what...I was just wanting to point out that the winner of the $100,000 car will end up paying about $42600. for the car (I did not throw in the sales tax for registering the car) PLUS say about $1500 for enclosed delivery to you, my calculator says about $44100, out of pocket for the car....ONE GOOD thing, if I win it this year, Obama next year will take about 33% more taxes with all his added increases on January 1, 2011 !!!!!

Reaction score
Realtor buys multiple tickets.
Whats a Federal income tax nowadays? I'm in RE.
No state income tax in Florida.
Yes, have to pay 6% here when its registered.
Would love to go to the great state of Michigan to pick up the car, since I was born and raised there.
Would love to see the smiles on my family's face, including dear old dad.
Bring it on.
Can't win if you don't play, I'm in, good luck to all VCA members.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In reference to Past Ohio's comments.....

There will always be people who will look a gift horse in the mouth I guess.

I have no idea if the cars at some point were delivered to the dealer of choice. My experience is limited to the raffles I have been involved in for the past several years, and that has not been the case.

I think the issue is complicated by the fact that recent cars have been ACRS and they all go to Prefix for modifications and in addition to that they have had added custom touches that in most cases means that they must be shipped from Prefix at the customers expense, not shipped back to CAAP to be processed as normal cars. This is not Dodge policy but some arcane federal rule about cars being modified can't go back to the plant and shipped from there.

So shipping is complicated with these cars and we cannot be in a position of guaranteeing that shipping will happen as if you walked into a dealership and ordered a car. And we can't be at risk of guaranteeing what it would cost to ship as we don't know where it's going when we register the raffle.

As to your numbers I think you first missed the point that the car will not be at MSRP.

And the rest of your argument is pure negativity. If you win, even using your numbers and your logic, not all of which may be correct, you will walk away with $40 - $50,000 if you just flip the car. The car can absolutely be financed and flipped. So why be negative about it? No one would turn down an inheritance of $100,000 and no one would turn down winning a $100,000 car like this.

The only people eligible to enter are already Viper owners, ergo, they LIKE Vipers. If economic conditions do not permit them to pay applicable taxes then they can finance the car as per my example above and flip it.
The government taxes everything we do these days, that's not new news, smart guys use opportunities like this to MAKE money in SPITE of the taxes, not to just sit around and complain about the fact that the tax exists.
Lighten up, buy a ticket, win a Viper, sell it and make a political contribution if that's what turns you on. But on the other hand don't turn an enjoyable raffle that can do the club good into an opportunity to comment on Presidential politics. We have a forum for that and any further comments in that vein will be moved there.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, lately I have seen the "powers to be" use this slamming of a fellow member, all I was doing was pointing out the math as I saw it, you made comments that it was only 28% !!! I also was not aware that the cars are being classified as customized and therefore they cannot be shipped from the factory....WOW, good for you !! you know something I didn't know about, you really have a very strong way to belittle me without discussing my points, I find your approach totally unacceptable to a fellow member, and if you are in the officer's fold, aren't you the treasurer ?? Don't you know a little about money ?? commenting like " looking a gift horse in the mouth !!" Calling me negative because maybe I ruffled your personal feathers about bringing up the taxes out loud !!?? Slamming me because I am not privey to what the true cost of the car is, I never commented that I knew that the car was MSRP or whatever, BUT I would guess that the $100,000 figure I used was in the ballpark....correct or is it under $60 ?? I got the feeling from your posting that "this is your ball and you will take it home with you" I also find that you for some reason feel really intent to NOT allow anyone to discuss the facts....sorry, this is what I have begun to see from the "powers to be" trying to run their club , their way !! I just wanted to discuss the facts and you feel better than me to put me down on this site....looks like you are the better man ???? Good luck in your future endeavours...you really know how to just discuss on a forum !!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
administrator...I wasn't trying to stir up anything, it just happened to be the first time I saw that the winner is responsible for delivery....didn't the raffle cars used to be delivered to the dealer's place the winner wanted ?? I thought that the shipping on the sticker was automatically applied to any car built and had to be delivered to a dealership except...IF a person came to CAAP for personal delivery BUT you still paid for the delivery costs built right into the sticker(with Reliable) anyway !!?? If I am wrong, it will be the second time...just asking a question....as to taxes, people may think that the 28% is all the taxes you pay....NOT A CPA but the amount of the car, say $100,000 gets put on top of the INCOME you have....IF you are in the 35% tax bracket, you owe the original 28% mandatory paid to get the car then IRS will gladly hold your hand to get the other 7% or so you owe....also IF you live in a state with an income tax, this additional $100000 gross appears on the state taxes you owe ( I think Ohio is 7.6 %) so add the 7.6% THEN when you register the car don't you also have to pay the sate's sales tax as well ( Ohio is 6.5%) but the 6.5 is there no matter what...I was just wanting to point out that the winner of the $100,000 car will end up paying about $42600. for the car (I did not throw in the sales tax for registering the car) PLUS say about $1500 for enclosed delivery to you, my calculator says about $44100, out of pocket for the car....ONE GOOD thing, if I win it this year, Obama next year will take about 33% more taxes with all his added increases on January 1, 2011 !!!!!

At the end of the day you are getting a very unique ACR for the price of a Challenger,you can't beat that.....

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
WOW, lately I have seen the "powers to be" use this slamming of a fellow member, all I was doing was pointing out the math as I saw it, you made comments that it was only 28% !!! I also was not aware that the cars are being classified as customized and therefore they cannot be shipped from the factory....WOW, good for you !! you know something I didn't know about, you really have a very strong way to belittle me without discussing my points, I find your approach totally unacceptable to a fellow member, and if you are in the officer's fold, aren't you the treasurer ?? Don't you know a little about money ?? commenting like " looking a gift horse in the mouth !!" Calling me negative because maybe I ruffled your personal feathers about bringing up the taxes out loud !!?? Slamming me because I am not privey to what the true cost of the car is, I never commented that I knew that the car was MSRP or whatever, BUT I would guess that the $100,000 figure I used was in the ballpark....correct or is it under $60 ?? I got the feeling from your posting that "this is your ball and you will take it home with you" I also find that you for some reason feel really intent to NOT allow anyone to discuss the facts....sorry, this is what I have begun to see from the "powers to be" trying to run their club , their way !! I just wanted to discuss the facts and you feel better than me to put me down on this site....looks like you are the better man ???? Good luck in your future endeavours...you really know how to just discuss on a forum !!

Thank you for asking the questions Past Ohio, I for one appreciate it. Unfortunately, they were answered in the manner I have come to expect.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look, you ARE a fellow member, and the intent was certainly not to belittle you in any way but to further explain the facts regarding the shipping and the taxes. So if you have been offended in any way I'm sorry that happened, my intent was only to further explain the facts that you brought up.
I might add that it's very important for this raffle to be successful in light of the club funding VOI on their own. And as I AM the Treasurer and I know the numbers we have to hit to fund VOI perhaps I am a bit sensitive regarding any comments that might discourage any one from buying a ticket. Especially as there really is no downside to buying a ticket. Anyone who wins will make money on the car or keep the car.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee(?), I am ALL FOR having the club sell all the tickets possible, beautiful car and a nice collector...but when you seem to attack because you feel that you have to "protect" the ticket sales, I find this a little confusing...when all I did was mention the TRUE facts, I got the feeling that you want to "hide" this truth so you can sell more tickets (?)....I also feel that many on this post don't care, as I don't either about IF you have to pay the taxes as well as long as I win it, but I have known people over the years that have won raffles and lotteries, they believe that the initial payment to the IRS is all the owe, then when they see this added to their gross income and get the bill from IRS, they then do what you suggested, go borrow from the bank or whatever, sorry IF I scratched a boo-boo on you and received the rath of khan....I will now slowly get back down among the masses and shut up...good luck !

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We get it.. we have to pay taxes ok you've made your point i dont see
anything wrong with what you've said or lee.
You look like the one that has thin skin and took what he said the wrong way.

Now lets move on already. :drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62