News Story on 1994 SN# 1 Pleasant Ridge man likes his 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 Read m

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody here ? There's a video in the link...

Pleasant Ridge man likes his 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Pleasant Ridge man likes his 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10
'It's like driving around a giant stereo'

BY MEGHA SATYANARAYANA
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

* Comments (22)
* Recommend (3)
* Print
* Letter to the editor
o Facebook
o Twitter
o FarkIt
o Digg
o Del.icio.us
o Reddit
o Newsvine
o Buzz up!

Lena Kepler, 17, watched her dad pull into the Berkley High School parking lot to pick her up one day last year and her heart sank.

"Oh, no," she remembered thinking. "The music's really loud. The engine's really loud. And it's red."

Not an uncommon response for sensitive teenage souls. But her father, Eugene Kepler of Pleasant Ridge, was driving a 1994 cherry red Dodge Viper.

The car was the first off the assembly line in 1994, built in Detroit, and spent much of its early life as a display vehicle at auto shows.

"That car had more air miles on it than land miles," said Kepler, an electrical contractor who has owned a Corvette and who drives a BMW.

The Viper, which he bought in 2007, sits in the garage, surrounded by electrical supplies. Kepler said he was really looking for something else, but the curvy red machine caught his eye. The previous owner, he said, told him the car could be described in one word: voluptuous.

"There are very few cars that are a personal vehicle -- for personal pleasure. And I'm just as much a hedonist as anybody," he said.

Living on the Woodward Dream Cruise route has its perks, but also its perils, he said. He likely won't cruise, but will take the car to Woodward at the end of his block. He'll let the gawkers swoon.

QUESTION: Why get a Viper?

ANSWER: I wanted a beautiful convertible. I thought, "You know what? I'm never going to get another chance to get a serial one Viper." The first owner was really happy not to sell it to some punk kid that was going to wreck it. This car was made in the city of Detroit and Detroit is the Motor City.

Read more: Pleasant Ridge man likes his 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 | freep.com | Detroit Free Press Pleasant Ridge man likes his 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: News Story on 1994 SN# 1 Pleasant Ridge man likes his 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 Re

actually pretty kool

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: News Story on 1994 SN# 1 Pleasant Ridge man likes his 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 Re

I've got an 86 Yugo serial #001 and put a cool stereo in it that I don't drive and can't hear the exhaust either...where are the reporters!!:curse:

Last edited:

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just kidding...I'd never admit to owning a Yugo.

Last edited: