Laguna Seca Edition or the Final Edition Coupe

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to the forum as well as new to the Viper. I have an opportunity to move into a Viper and have it down to the LS edition or a FE Coupe. I have been weighing the pro and cons of the two, but wanted to see what the people who know would choose and why. I am getting out of a Dinan modified BMW M6 which is white. Just love the idea of the raw sports car that the Viper is. Just am undecided which of these beauties to get. Thanks.

Scott

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youy can not go wrong with either car. Both are very special. The 1:33 car is only available in the ACR and the FE has all 3 models.

Bruce

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well first I'm going to have to find out what the LS edition is...lol

What year are you looking at??

and welcome

LS-Laguna Seca

Useless trivia-FE designations over the years:

GTS FE (Final Edition): 2002 GTS (red w/white stripes)
SRT-C FE (First Edition): 2006 Coupe (blue w/white stripes)
SRT FE (Final Edition): 2010 coupe/vert/ACR

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, the STRESS! One is in-your-face outrageous, and the other is a classy-looking understatement.

Taking you literally, the 1:33 Edition "Laguna" is limited to 33. And all are ACRs as noted. If you have the G4FE pure coupe, vs an ACR?

Id prefer the 1:33 Laguna. [But a G4FED ACR is more rare.] Time will tell, but DEPENDING on the Viper Hibernation, the G4FE could end up a price premium in future, retaining more % than the 1:33......

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the 1:33 (Laguna Seca) edition more than the final editions because it states something that other cars can't dispute. When people will ask you why do they call it a 1:33 edition you'll proudly be able to explain, it's cause it set the production car lap record....and of course someone will always say "I thought that such and such car is faster?" and the answer is "they didn't prove it".

Final Editions for each generation are nice; I really like the colors in this round of the final edition. A Final Edition doesn't smack your neighbor in the face when they look out the window, someone will be able to say to their husband, "oh look, they guy across the street bought a new corvette honey." Whereas the 1:33 edition would elicit "that ******* across the street just bought a race car; I'd better not hear it each morning or you're gonna have to give him a piece of your mind!"

Your neighbors will come over and marvel at the car, while you share a beer, they'll be imagining what they'd do if they were driving it and talk about fast cars they wished they'd had when they were young.

Choice is yours!

Regards,
Aaron

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the 1:33 (Laguna Seca) edition more than the final editions because it states something that other cars can't dispute. When people will ask you why do they call it a 1:33 edition you'll proudly be able to explain, it's cause it set the production car lap record....and of course someone will always say "I thought that such and such car is faster?" and the answer is "they didn't prove it".

Final Editions for each generation are nice; I really like the colors in this round of the final edition. A Final Edition doesn't smack your neighbor in the face when they look out the window, someone will be able to say to their husband, "oh look, they guy across the street bought a new corvette honey." Whereas the 1:33 edition would elicit "that ******* across the street just bought a race car; I'd better not hear it each morning or you're gonna have to give him a piece of your mind!"

Your neighbors will come over and marvel at the car, while you share a beer, they'll be imagining what they'd do if they were driving it and talk about fast cars they wished they'd had when they were young.

Choice is yours!

Regards,
Aaron

well said, i have one comming in. it is ready to be shipped

OP
OP
S

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your responses. I should have been more specific in the body of the post as to LS and FE. I agree about the in your face nature of the 1:33 and the subtleness of the Final Edition. There is the issue. I kind of want the in your face after driving the white BMW, but also like the look of the FE. The FE (that I am considering) is a coupe and the 1:33 is an ACR model. Like the idea of having a "race car", but it will draw more attention, especially where I live. I am leaning towards the Laguna Seca 1:33, but need to see both in person before making a final decision.

BPAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With either of those 2 cars, you might not want to spend too much time trying to decide, as they may both get out from under you.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't all the FEs and 1.33s sold already? I was under the impression that they were. Perhaps some of our Dealer sponsors can jump in and answer this question. I just looked. Woodhouse has a 1.33 in stock per their web site - unless Bill already sold it and didn't have the web site updated.

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm positive there'll be a few at VOI 12! There was one parked right in front of the hotel at VOI 11 and it made me smile constantly.

Regards,
Aaron

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like this....

Choice is yours!

Regards,
Aaron

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to 2 years ago......... he bought the LS (good choice).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32