Race the Base this Sat.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, It was raining too hard to stop and take off the bra. It's not meant for the rain because it catches sand. Not many bugs and NO dust in the rain.

I can't imagine riding in some of the rain storms I went through. 20mph and vision was nearly impossible. I think you'd ride off the road if you got hit by that. 3" raindrops!

When I got my motorcylce license I was living in BC. Got a friend to drive me to Edmonton, got my GSXR1100 from my cousins and went to take the test in the snow. After passing I drove the 1450kms home in snow and sleet. It was the worst ride I ever had in my life. I gotta say I don't know how you can call that fun.

TED

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, It was raining too hard to stop and take off the bra. It's not meant for the rain because it catches sand. Not many bugs and NO dust in the rain.

I can't imagine riding in some of the rain storms I went through. 20mph and vision was nearly impossible. I think you'd ride off the road if you got hit by that. 3" raindrops!

When I got my motorcylce license I was living in BC. Got a friend to drive me to Edmonton, got my GSXR1100 from my cousins and went to take the test in the snow. After passing I drove the 1450kms home in snow and sleet. It was the worst ride I ever had in my life. I gotta say I don't know how you can call that fun.

TED

I do enjoy it. Did you get any hail? We had a bit and it seems like they were aimed at my *******! Ouch!

Just the same - it was a blast. We rode to Whistler and back taking the scenic (twisty) route. Hwy. 99 from Lillooet to Whistler is excellent once you get past the bumpy bits.

G

G

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No hail for me. Got a ticket for 6mph just north of Edmonton. Drunks OK and the drunk was going 160kph after doing a few "runs" at me. I found a wide spot on the highway and slowed quickly. I guess the sheriffs there work in bulk on Friday mornings but no one works Sat. nights?

That road you took is "Seal coated" from just outside of Lillooet to the hwy at Pemberton. They did that about '98. Same surface as the Alaska Hwy, ... and last 97kms to Nimpo Lake. Rough surface gives great traction. I did that road back in the late 80s with my 'Monster' truck (440-6pk on 44"s) with the 4x4 club. Road is obviously MUCH better now. :)

Ted

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a HOT blonde driving the MC-12. Felt bad for the Saleen. I was crapping out badly during practise. Tuning issues I think. the cloud of blue smoke following him back on Sat was a large one.

The Shelby GT500 also came back with zero oil pressure and I felt bad for him also. I didn't notice any other serious problems.

Zahir sent me the official time sheet and said that there WILL be another event next year. I did post pics on the "World's Fstest ..." thread in Gen Viper forums. Merc SLR managed 307kph.. Driver was disappointed while was surprised it went that fast. 1 week old Voodoo was there and he was about 10kph slower than a stock '08 SRT10.

Louie has an SRX radar detec and he came back from practise saying that the Laser scramblers really do work as they couldn't get a reading on his car so he turned it off. Good inofrmation to know though cause I also have an SRX.

Ted

That HOT blonde is Melissa. She's a real sweetheart and a pretty good driver too. She's Danny's gal.

Greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave