Race the Base this Sat.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ZR Auto - Race The Base

Louie pointed this event out to me last week. Aug 27th Cold Lake.

World's Fastest Ferrari will be there from Calgary. Davenport will have his 1000hp vette. Hoping that there will be a LOT of Vipers there?

We are too late to register and do any runs, but it is for charity so lets show up and show support for the Dodge guys that will be there to kick Exotic Asp. I plan to drive the 15 hrs to be there and videotape. I'm hoping that Western Canada can put up some Viper muscle that we could have shown at VOI 11.

If I'm not there then you can assume I'm moving or loading my Vipers and other stuff to move away from our Forest Fire.

Ted
Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Friday is practise.

Sat is timed runs, the event and an auction for fast car rides for charity.

Ted

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm not there then you can assume I'm moving or loading my Vipers and other stuff to move away from our Forest Fire.

Ted
Ted

It getting that close to your place this time? We had relatives from Calgary on the phone this afternoon and they said it's pretty bad..

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It getting that close to your place this time? We had relatives from Calgary on the phone this afternoon and they said it's pretty bad..

I think Calgary is getting smoke from some Okanagan Valley F Fires. Smoke from here and Fraser Lake is probably going to Edmonton.

We were Evacuated from Anahim Lake because the weatherman said 40mph winds from the west and they thought that might cause the Fire to go over the 3 fire breaks and burn 15 miles to our store. It was a few awesome days with the slight wind going North and blowing the fire and the smoke away from us. After a few days they rescinded the Evacuation Order and allowed people to come home. We were classed as "Essentail Services" and stayed no problem because we sell Gas and Food to the firefighters. My house is at Nimpo Lake and that's another 15 miles farther away from the fires to the East, along hwy 20. I went to Wms Lk to get my ACR (lower 6" repaint) front bumper because Williams Lake has a large F. fire only 6 mi away from the shop that painted my bumper.

Evacuation Order for Alexis Creek and they're using Pilot cars and RCMP to guide traffic through the Evacuated area (to prevent looting). So Alexis Creek could close hwy 20 again and Williams Lake could close the highway as well. Hard to gather information on what's going on because of all the mis-information being distributed.

So, they may close the road but I don't think we have much danger here of I'd stay.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Should be a few going from Calgary? Ron, Steve, ???

I'll be going through Edm and staying there for Fri and Sat.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only 3 (Gen 2, Gen 3 and a Gen 4) Vipers on the list so far. Expecting another Gen 2 at race day. 4 GTRs, 2 or 3 2010 ZR1s, 3 or 4 FGTs, an R8, a Countach, about 3 or 4 Enzos, couple Porsces. The World's Fastest Ferrari (850hp) a couple of MC12s. A whole lot that I never even heard of and a new Merc SLS (gullwing).

Ted

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys realize they are charging $500 entrance fee to spectate as well correct? I understand that includes taking in all of the events, some meals, etc. I have a customer that had signed up a few weeks ago and that was the charge for him to bring a guest on top of the $1,500 fee to run his car. :omg:

Tony2

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$500.00 to take a passenger on the top speed run. Entrance to the event to watch is pretty cheap. I think $12.00. I have a bunch of my buddies that are going from Regina and participating in the event. Couple Lambo's, couple Ferrari's and a 911 TT. No Vipers though and I couldnt make it.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's $8. No room left in the VIP tent ($1500 for car and $500 for wife). No car entries either. There are at least 3 Vipers entered. Hopefully the fastest car there is a 1100hp GTS.

Ted

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like fun.Guess i am in a CPR/First Aid course this week so unless i am sick on the weekend i can't enjoy the show.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shane you're losing out again! Only fun you have is fantasizing about ... them?

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know .It had been the worse year for me as a Viper Member.I believe I have only got to do two events this year .The first run of the year in Calgary and the Red Deer BBQ at Ron's place.Oh well guess it just is not ment to be this year.Maybe next year i will get out for a few weekend events.lol

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Louie ('03 SRT10 Paxton) went 307kph. (Thanks to Louie and Sharon for running their Viper)
2008 SRT10 went 294kph (non-member)
2010 (#10 of 32) Voodoo ACR went 184kph and it's a week or two old (Victoria resident and soon to rejoin)
99 Black stock GTS (soon to become supercharged and a VCA member)
99GTS Darryl Weflen went 317kph with the ECU set on "Cold engine", and his first time with the car.

It was great of Darryl to spend all that GST and transport to bring his car up to run it in support of the Viper contigent. He got the car running in 2 days and brought it out to Cold Lake. Amazing amount of effort, but he did get his first runs in his new car! Thanks Darryl.

Timing was to pay a couple weeks ago and that's why I didn't have either of my GTSs there. I was under evacuation order because of the Forest Fires and couldn't commit that much money because I might be able to make it. ZR Auto of Calgary was kind enough to grant me a Press Pass so that I could attend and take a few hundred pics though.

I would hope that either of my Vipers would have been close (faster?) than Davenport's Z06 800rwhp TT car. Expecially the Paxton/Nitrous ACR with 802rwhp and 750rwtq at 3000rpm? I wish someone would buy it so that NEXT YEAR we could do some serious asp kickin'. I'll hookup the Nitrous on my Sapphire GTS - just because the Red ACR is probably a little faster than my GTS, and I don't like losing.

Ted

1blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(It was great of Darryl to spend all that GST and transport to bring his car up to run it in support of the Viper contigent. He got the car running in 2 days and brought it out to Cold Lake. Amazing amount of effort, but he did get his first runs in his new car!)

Ted,
A Big Thanks to you and Greg Phillips for the encouragement to pull this off last minute ! with out that I would have not bothered to register to race , arrange for car pickup in Arizona, fly down to PHX to load the car , prep the car when it arrived in edmonton Thursday pm and get out to CFB cold lake in less than a weeks time . before this I had driven the car less than 500 feet !

We feel Z R auto put on a great event ! And we would attend again if there is a repeat event ?

Darryl

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad everything went well!

I hear that the Saleen lost an engine (again....) - man I really wish I could've been there. Zahir always does things first class and his Enzo is amazing. I've had the opportunity to drive the MC-12 several times at the track and it's just a fantastic car....

I know that I missed a great event. Did you say an ACR went 187? Why so slow?

BTW Ted. Were you driving in a rain storm on HWY 24 late last week? I was the idiot on the sport bike that gave a big wave.

Greg

1blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Saleen was just in front of me in staging , When he fired it had a white cloud from the right bank , after that run it was smoking heavy blue .Head gasket and ring(s) ? Great car though and hes not scared to drive it !

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW,
Danny, who owns the Saleen also owns the MC-12 so he wasn't without a ride for the event.

Greg

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was a HOT blonde driving the MC-12. Felt bad for the Saleen. I was crapping out badly during practise. Tuning issues I think. the cloud of blue smoke following him back on Sat was a large one.

The Shelby GT500 also came back with zero oil pressure and I felt bad for him also. I didn't notice any other serious problems.

Zahir sent me the official time sheet and said that there WILL be another event next year. I did post pics on the "World's Fstest ..." thread in Gen Viper forums. Merc SLR managed 307kph.. Driver was disappointed while was surprised it went that fast. 1 week old Voodoo was there and he was about 10kph slower than a stock '08 SRT10.

Louie has an SRX radar detec and he came back from practise saying that the Laser scramblers really do work as they couldn't get a reading on his car so he turned it off. Good inofrmation to know though cause I also have an SRX.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greg, I felt really bad for you driving a bike and when the rain got insane a little later I hoped that you'd found some cover. I slowed to 20mph and could barely see the road. 3" raindrops! Wow.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes Greg the week old Voodoo ACR was about 10kph slower than a standart 2008 SRT10. With the wing I had expected it to be slower than that.

Also saw that they removed the wing from the MC12 on Sat.

Ted

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg, I felt really bad for you driving a bike and when the rain got insane a little later I hoped that you'd found some cover. I slowed to 20mph and could barely see the road. 3" raindrops! Wow.

I LOVE riding in the rain! It makes the difficulty go way up - just my thing. You really have to be on your game.

So... don't feel sorry for me as I'm having the time of my life.

Some guys hate the rain, I'm just not one of them.

So that was you. I see your car had a bra on.

G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper