I Like the Interior!

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I realize that I am preaching to the choir here but what is the deal with all the bad reviews on the Viper interior? Before I bought my 08 Convertible two weeks ago, I read all the bad press on plastic, lack of style etc. After spending two days meticulously detailing the interior, I don't think Chrysler could have done a better job. This is not a car for Euro Snobs. Its a blue collar, in your face, unapologetic muscle machine. The interior is all business. Dropping into the pilot's seat reminds me of the ride I took on a fighter jet when I was a Midshipman in the Navy. No wasted space. Everything where it should be. Industrial design for an industrial strength machine. The seats are the best I've ever put my butt in. Period. I wouldn't change one thing...OK maybe a shorter shifter but if it ever bothers me enough, there are solutions to that problem. I've owned a Mercedes CL550 with all the interior bling and I wouldn't go back if they gave it to me for free.

Just had to vent.

Cincy

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I agree with you, you have to understand at that price point, almost every other vehicle has a much nicer interior. It's just keeping up with the Jones' more than anything.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the interior rules-bad ass,kool,wicked,to the point,knarley,but not so cumfy--but i like it

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree about liking the interior. The Viper does what it /is/was meant to do and that is win races. It isn't a gaudy in your face interior but more akin to what a race car should have in it. What always amazes me is that when magazines talk about the track prowess of a car and then go on to talk about lack of a backseat, cup holders, seat warmers, etc. If you want the sassy interior, then go get a sport sedan. The Viper is a car you can drive to the track with your helmet beside you. Drive at the track all day, take off your helmet and then drive home. And I have to say that it looks **** as hell the whole time doing either.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand about not optioning it up, but the main complaint it fit/finish and interior materials. You can go a long way and still keep it spartan and business like inside, without adding weight

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree..while I thought my 99 viper interior could have been much better. I feel that they nailed it with the srt10s. I love the white guages and the 220 mph tach as well as the push button start and amazing seats...the only bad point is the too tall shifter...fixed mine pretty easily

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the interior looks fine - but I'm also in the camp where I don't like any bling in the interior. The only gripes I have about the interior is that the gauges on the Gen III and Gen IV cars are totally obscured by my right arm when I'm driving, and the vents feel like they're going to break when adjusting them. The gauges look fine where they are when you're looking into the interior from outside, but in practice, the placement is horrible. I liked the Gen I and Gen II placement much better.

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand about not optioning it up, but the main complaint it fit/finish and interior materials. You can go a long way and still keep it spartan and business like inside, without adding weight

Exactly. It's not the quantity, but the quality. The switchgear, hvac controls, audio controls etc, are indistinguishable from a 1990's Grand Caravan. I understand that every manufacturer makes parts bin cars these days...I just wish they had pulled the Viper switches from a nicer bin. :eek:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at the interior of a brand new ZR1 the other day and it reminded me of my daughter's Chevy Cavalier. I think the interior of my GTS looks much nicer and the same could be said of all Gens. It just flows better and really wraps around you. It's somewhere between an extreme thrill ride and a fighter jet. The fact that it's tight and snug gives unsuspecting passengers that feeling of " Oh Crap...Better Hold On For Dear Life"
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people do not have an issue with the layout of the interior, it is just the materials could use an upgrade.

Bruce

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you upgrade plastic..LOL

I too was surprised at thematerials in both my vipers...I also own a nsx and nsx's and vipers are basically the same price.I think a 2005 nsx was 89K while a 2005 srt10 vert was 84K...

But man oh man every last inch of my nsx interior is leather or sueade..Were as my viper is..well plastic and harder plastic and softer plastic with a lil leather here and there (but the seats are AWESOME) and i love the steering wheel.

Ive been meaning to make a vid of the interiors..Think I will today

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plastic is easy to clean - I like it after a 12 hours drive through the mountains (open - no roof = dirt) - even if the passenger should puke after a 1000 turns ... still easy to clean :D

NO "leather" for me around the dashboard. :drive:

If you want it, buy it aftermarket! :eater:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viper shouldn't be a luxurious car, but they definitely could use a nicer interior. Not more options (I don't even think a viper should have navigation) but the grand caravan cd changer is embarrassing. The dodge viper has the most OUTDATED interior in the whole dodge line up!

Hopefully the viper will finally have an interior it deserves with the gen 5, imagine alcantara everywhere and brushed aluminum on the steering wheel and the dash or carbon fiber! Yes it might cost a little more money but have it as an option at least. Or at least change the layout to not make it cost more, It just looks so outdated. They got the Ford GT interior looking right, not luxurious, but looks like an exotic interior.

You must be registered for see images attach

Or how about an F430 scuderia interior for the acr? Its so race inspired it doesn't even have a carpet!

The interior is the vipers only downfall, this needs to stop!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how do you upgrade plastic..LOL

I too was surprised at thematerials in both my vipers...I also own a nsx and nsx's and vipers are basically the same price.I think a 2005 nsx was 89K while a 2005 srt10 vert was 84K...

But man oh man every last inch of my nsx interior is leather or sueade..Were as my viper is..well plastic and harder plastic and softer plastic with a lil leather here and there (but the seats are AWESOME) and i love the steering wheel.

Ive been meaning to make a vid of the interiors..Think I will today

Maybe if the viper came with a v-6, they could have put some leather on the dash and kept the price the same.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here's the thing... Leather is Dead Cows... Vipers are just more in touch with contemporary materials... More PC for the PETA folks and such (not that I care about that).

I'm actually being serious here... Leather will go the way of wood dashboards... It's a BS way for manufacturers to jack up the price of the car. Most BMWs have Leather only on the seating surface and then Leatherette covering the rest of the seat and everything else and you wouldn't know if somebody didn't tell you. Some of the newer synthetic fabrics are actually the most practical and they look good too...

Leather gets real hot and real cold and it has to be maintained...

Now Carbon Fibre is Awesome... Leather not so much these days...

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The interior on the Ford GT might look nice (I don't think so) but I find it uncomfortable as hell. Maybe not so noticable when just sitting in it for a minute but after a few miles down the road its just unfriendly and uncomfortable.

I wouldn't mind Carbon Fibre floors in the viper, that would be sweet.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or how about an F430 scuderia interior for the acr? Its so race inspired it doesn't even have a carpet!

The interior is the vipers only downfall, this needs to stop!

Problem is, a stripped out interior is only cool if Ferrari does it. If SRT did the same, they would be rideculed terribly for their trouble.

There are different rules for different manufacturers.:rolleyes:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the srt10 interior looks nicer than the FGT...FGT interior does nothing for me

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the srt10 interior looks nicer than the FGT...FGT interior does nothing for me

Are you talking about layout or materials? Again, I think people are confusing the two. Every member here likes the layout of the Viper, but to say the FGT looks worse than a plain, all black plastic interior is crazy. The materials and style(not to be confused with layout) in the FGT are definitely better, and I honestly don't even see how that could be debated.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Layout...not Likeing The Fgt Interuior..love The Car Though

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interior layout on GEN III/IV is very nice now, just the materials used are not becoming of a $100K car. My only complaint on the exisiting interior is poor materials, no Carbon Fibre incorporated and the stereo is an embarassment. Other than that, I am happy with it.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper. Decent aesthetic muscular looking interior yet still cheap quality.

They could have done much better on price for what we got.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper