Akron/Cleveland Viper Tech?

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a trusted Viper tech or someone else up around the Cleveland or Akron area in Ohio? I am thinking about getting a car up there and need someone to give it a good once over and do a compression and leak down check. I did a search and I saw Mccann racing popped up but I was told he was no longer in business and are called Team Remington now. I could not find any contact info for them. The search didn't find anything else. Thanks!

-Brent

dmerkle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Obviously an outdated post, but I wanted to try and give credit where it's due.

I went to Mike at Adventure CJD in Willoughby (just northeast of Cleveland) to have an inspection done for an Ebay buy I was looking at.
Mike was very flexible with the scheduling, gave me a super price, and was great to work with.
Bought the car that day, drove her back to Illinois no problems, and when I took it to Roanoke a month later, they had the same review as Mike.

Thanks again Mike!

rdutko

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper tech may be decent at Adventure but he will not be the guy doing regular maintenance on your car such as oil fluid changes. Some flunky will have that task. Took my viper in for a warranty issue. It took three visits before they had the car repaired because of not having parts or ordering wrong parts. Had the vehicle serviced while it was in for the warranty work. They put on 10+ miles presumably one of the service crew wanted to joy ride it over the weekend. The car had greasy hand print and oil spills on the hood and some white sticky crap all over the seats. Have no idea what that was. The threshold of the rocker panel had two nice deep gouges through the paint and into the plastic. It looked like it was chopped with a hatchet. That required a third visit to fill and repaint the gouges. My car suffered more damage and abuse in the few days that they had the car than it had experienced in the previous 10 years. I'd strongly NOT recommend Adventure Dodge as a service outlet for your car.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
McCann Racing is around. In fact they can be reached at 330-244-9335.

You can also find them on Facebook. The information noted above is inaccurate.

If you make a visit there and have a good appreciation for Vipers you will be very interested in the GEN V race car they are building.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper