Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer and Interior Detailer... Too Good to Be True ?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer and the Interior Detailer and I am thinking that this stuff is just amazing. The Ultimate detailer is so simple to use and it even works great on glass, plastic and plastic lenses, wheels and trim. It's just a mist and there is no residue to clean from the seams. The shine and beading are crazy and you can do the entire exterior in less than 5 minutes with a microfiber cloth. The interior detailer also seems great.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
v10enomous, i too was amazed when i found these, i still use them, just more careful with the QD

it will "cause" fine spidering if not used carefully, but sure makes keeping baby purdy much easier

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK... What type of caution are we talking ? How did you find about about the fine spidering ?:dunno:

v10enomous, i too was amazed when i found these, i still use them, just more careful with the QD

it will "cause" fine spidering if not used carefully, but sure makes keeping baby purdy much easier

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the interior of my vehicles, I use the predecessor Megs product, and/or 303. Lucas also has a new interior detailer that I've been trying.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure the junkman will jump in, but watch his video's on youtube

YouTube - Junkman2000's Channel

His videos are extremely informative, but geeeeeze, can he please get to it in 60 seconds or less??!! I wish he would make 2 sets of vid's. One for the "non-believers" in which he could continually emphasize how there's never any "Copperfield video effects" going on (30 minutes), and another for us "believers" that cut to the chase (60 seconds).

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that there is any good way to clean up a dusty car without a complete wash. I got one of those dust brushes from Tom at the Somerville NJ event a few weeks ago when he was handing them out and I'm reluctant to use it.

I do a complete wash with just plain water and then dry the car with a leaf blower and then use the ultimate quick detailer. On the subsequent washes the water just repels off of the car with the leaf blower. A little spot drying with the synthetic chamois and then use the ultimate detailer with the microfibre cloth again. The only place that I use the detailer as a cleaner is to get light dust off of my chromed stock wheels.

I'm sure the junkman will jump in, but watch his video's on youtube

YouTube - Junkman2000's Channel

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like the Ultimate Quickwax product but,

Meg Ultimate QD is a waste of $$$ at 10 bucks a bottle IMO ( realise that i go thru atleaste a bottle of QD a month though:))
and i cant stand the spray nozzle on mequirs products as they spray TOO finely making detailing in a non-still air environment annoying as it blows onto areas that have already been detailed or just blows away wasting the product. Also, the fine mist quickly dries on a warm vehicle before you even get to it sometimes. (I like to spray an entire panel then wipe down)

I prefer Eagleones QD (wipe&shine). It goes on sale every other week at autostores around me for 4bucks a bottle and has a nicer spray nozzle IMO. Give it a shot:2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid $8 for Meguiar's but I did notice what you said about the fine mist with a little breeze.

I do like the Ultimate Quickwax product but,

Meg Ultimate QD is a waste of $$$ at 10 bucks a bottle IMO ( realise that i go thru atleaste a bottle of QD a month though:))
and i cant stand the spray nozzle on mequirs products as they spray TOO finely making detailing in a non-still air environment annoying as it blows onto areas that have already been detailed or just blows away wasting the product. Also, the fine mist quickly dries on a warm vehicle before you even get to it sometimes. (I like to spray an entire panel then wipe down)

I prefer Eagleones QD (wipe&shine). It goes on sale every other week at autostores around me for 4bucks a bottle and has a nicer spray nozzle IMO. Give it a shot:2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using any of these products without FIRST dusting the car properly will create the dreaded swirls and spider lines everyone hates.

If you don't have a black car you could get away with it for much longer without noticing.

Also using these over and over you're removing the wax from the paint unless you are reapplying after each quick detail.

The Junkman's vids are a little long and tedious but well worth a viewing.

:usa:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His videos are extremely informative, but geeeeeze, can he please get to it in 60 seconds or less??!! I wish he would make 2 sets of vid's. One for the "non-believers" in which he could continually emphasize how there's never any "Copperfield video effects" going on (30 minutes), and another for us "believers" that cut to the chase (60 seconds).

If I did them your way, they wouldn't be a "brutha in his garage" production! :rolaugh:

I admittedly get long winded because it cuts down on all the repeat questioning. You would be surprised how many people preface their question with, "I watched your videos but..." and then they ask a question that I purposely covered 20 times in the video they watched. Thus, I use the military method of teaching. The "KISS" method and drill it until the guys pass out. It really works best for the masses who know nothing about detailing, which is my targeted audience.

As for that quick detailer, I will not knock it as you all know what I use for most detailing situations. But I will say this. Choose a professional product. The over the counter stuff you see is not on par with the professional stuff you see. Meguiar's has a professional division and all of their professional products have "Mirror Glaze" on the lable. If it doesn't say Mirror Glaze on the label, it is not from their professional line.

Put it this way, I use some of their professional stuff myself. :smirk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21