VEC 2 Tuners in TN

HPATTERN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any VEC tuners in TN. Got some starting issues and air fuel a little high 12.3 Thanks Jeff

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you do any logging? VEC shouldn't have anything to do with a "starting issue" (as far as I know, at least). What are the starting issues?
Is the 12.3 at WOT?

OP
OP
H

HPATTERN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It takes about 10 seconds to start. Cranks over and over and finally starts. Don't do any logging just want someone to tune and be done. Not many shops around Nashville that tune vec that I have found.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a Gen I? Sounds liek the fuel pump check valve issue. Cycle the key(without starting) 4-5 times. Then turn the car over. If it catches right away, you found the problem.

The A/F is not too bad, maybe a small adjustment in either the timing or fuel table should take care of it.

Edit: some reson, I thought I was in the Gen I/II section :eek:

Still cycle your key, it still might be problem of your pump not holding pressure while not running.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HPATTERN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 06 with Paxton that ART installed in TX. Upgraded fuel system bigger injectors dynoed at 650rw but leaned out at 4100rpm to 12.3. Just a little nervous about 12.3

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely there is some bumpkin out there that knows how to tune a Vec.:rolaugh:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No VEC tuning "bumpkins" here. A few "hicks", "hillbillies", and "white trash", etc, but no "bumpkins" :D

Was that reading at Chris' shop with the wbo (sniffer) in the tailpipe? or do you have a wbo gauge? If you don't have software, then I think you'll have to have a card programmed. Do you have print out of the dyno pull with A/F, and RPM? Since that seems to be the only rpm range of concern, just adding a little fuel in that range ought to take care of it. But like Mike said, that's not too terribly bad. I was bumping low/mid 13's at one point.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TN is a bad state, as far as locating Tuners go. I have a SCT and the closest tuner I can find is close to Atlanta. :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth