You must be registered for see images

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the red stripes painted on my 1997 GTS and had the stripes run thru the plate like the 96 because I like them that way and like to be different. I put on the TNT Motorsports Carbon Fiber wing and I loved it. Of course I know there will be some haters out there...:dunno: :eater:

Last edited:

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would certainly think about keeping it red first. But if you do decide, I think white would be a nicer color.

It would also look much like the FE cars. Both colors look great but that white posted above looks hot.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am still considering stripes for my RT, now that I have the hardtop. Top of my list is White, followed by silver. I do kinda like the gray metallic stripes, but I've seen a few and seems to be iffy.

Overall, haven't seen a red Viper with white stripes I haven't liked.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red with white stripes does look very good in person. The red looks good with the flat graphite stripes in photos anyway, and it is a bit different. Maybe it depends on whether you want your car to say "HEY, LOOK AT ME !" or just "hey, look at me !"

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If keeping the OEM polished wheels , the white stripe is the best accent for a red car IMHO. My next choice would be black stripes with aftermarket black wheels for the mean look ;)
Never cared for silver stripes on a red car , for black cars only.:eater:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd only do black stripes if you went with black wheels. I also like the wider stripes on a 1996 and the fact they go through the plate area. If I do a respray I'll probably do mine like that.

The silver stripes aren't seen very much; I'd go with that second.

Dave's car is perfection, so I'd never try white. Once greatness is achieved there is no point in even trying :D

chnco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black has grown on me, but I would definitely go white for the more classic look. What wheel color are you going for?

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are a couple siver stripe pics. to help in your decision.

You must be registered for see images attach

:usa:

chnco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, silver is beautiful! I might have to get some Vinyl for mine just to see what it looks like. I think that would look best with your wheel combo.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
silver is awsome!

mine is blue/silver, far away people think it's white striping, but then they get up close and see the difference.

I painted mine 2 single stripes and went through the naca duct and license plate, just a personal preference.

Maybe vinyl and make sure you like it...? You can easily change it and not have a lot of $ committed like you would with paint.

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the no strip look but if I were to get strips I would do black with black wheels just my 2 cents.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Ricketts though Graphite is also a good stripe option and a welcome variation to black or white.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some things are always acceptable in classic form without the need to be different. Like beer. I never feel the need to drink it hot. And I think the white stripes look good over and over and over again.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the no strip look but if I were to get strips I would do black with black wheels just my 2 cents.

I agree, I'm a huge fan of stripes on the Vipers. I voted black stripes, but it's a tough call because any color would look really good, and it would definitely depend on factors like wheel color, interior color, etc. My first choice would be black stripes and black rims. If not black rims, I think it would be a toss up between black and silver. White would probably be my last choice, but that's just my personal preference.

Not to hijack this, but anyone have any black/sapphire vipers with red stripes??? That would look pretty slick.

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gun metal or graphite are great colors i've seen that look amazing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets