Still a newbie....with a question about removing a dashboard door..?

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to remove the glovebox door for a '95 RT/10?

I want to remove, repaint, and reinstall it...
Thanks!

Andrew

Last edited:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i did the whole dash in a repaint. it was pretty easy with the dash off. im not really sure about the dash staying on. if all else fails, taking the dash off is just a few screws. search the forums for removing dash.

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, VJ. It looks pretty easy to remove the glove box door, but want to make sure that I don't break anything during removal. I really don't want to remove the entire dash...did that before with an old Corvette, and it wasn't as easy as I thought.

Will continue to look for the correct way to remove only the door.

By the way...nice 1995 black RT/10. I have one just like that.:2tu:

Andrew

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome....beautiful job.

I actually bought a black carbon fiber dash kit (yikes, I know many don't approve of those on this forum), but I think this one is pretty high quality and will look great. If I'm not satisfied with that look, then the next step would be to remove the entire dash and either repaint it or replace the whole thing and trash the dash kit.

So, that's why I want to remove just the glove box door...so that I can touch up the scratched area around the push button, prior to installing the dash kit. It looks fairly simple to "pop" out the door, but just don't want to break the tabs while doing so.

That's what I'm trying to find out right now..:confused:

Thanks again.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had the dash on my 94 out from a repaint. There are two plastic plugs at the bottom of the glovebox door that hold it in. They go through holes in the glovebox door and the dash and pop into another plastic piece. I am not sure if you can get you hands on them under the dash to push the plugs back through. It is a pretty simple setup when you see it out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth