2012 Viper model was introduced at Orlando, Fl.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm here now. All this happened yesterday according to my contacts here. Cars are gone, I checked the loading docks as well. I wish I woulda known yesterday as I coulda seen the damn car. I'm not sure if the the meeting was moved or the info on the website was just wrong.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
except for Bob...all of you have got your hopes to high. Too soon to be real, and this may just be a crule joke for you wound up hopefulls. I will believe it when Woodhouse says" Taking orders for the gen 5 viper" untill then they are not going to be made. just get used to it and accept it.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
except for Bob...all of you have got your hopes to high. Too soon to be real, and this may just be a crule joke for you wound up hopefulls. I will believe it when Woodhouse says" Taking orders for the gen 5 viper" untill then they are not going to be made. just get used to it and accept it.

Hmmmm... seems likely that this was NOT a joke. Our fearless leader's comments seem to suggest that VOI COULD be VERY interesting:

And yet here it is on the Viper forums. :rolleyes:

Could be a VERY interesting VOI 11 in Salt Lake City indeed!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was all that was left, the meeting was def. not joke.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 216

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys think it just a prototype? That seems more realistic. Like when the prototype 06 Coupe was shown at VOI years back.

It gives them just enough time to get it to Salt Lake City with a new B/W paint job.:D

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received a phone call yesterday about the same time this thread was posted from someone at the event who saw the car. we will not be dissapointed. Security was tight with no cameras. Sounds like we will get the next view of the next Snake.

Better sign up to VOI to see it.

Bruce

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard about a full scale clay Viper that was out here in... Irvine I think... During the time Viper was for sale, pre Fiat. Isn't that plenty of time to come up with a working prototype?

2Snakes- It's a slow day... Cruel jokes or not at least this is fun :2tu:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys think it just a prototype? That seems more realistic. Like when the prototype 06 Coupe was shown at VOI years back.

It gives them just enough time to get it to Salt Lake City with a new B/W paint job.:D

Why mess up the black paint by adding white to it? :nono:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2012 Viper revealed to dealership!

Cant believe this hasnt been posted

Marchionne shows 2012 Dodge Viper at dealer meeting — Autoblog

However the wallstreet journal said this, which I'm not sure if I like

"The Dodge Viper hot-rod will be back in 2012. The concept vehicle displayed at the meeting had been painted more than 25 times with a candy-apple red to give it a sleek appeal. The vehicle is more upscale and has moved away from its race car image. Dealers said they were told the company’s new product committee took one look at the Viper and unanimously approved its production within five minutes."

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2012 Viper revealed to dealership!

Already been posted. Can't imagine what it will look like...

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This can olny be a good thing. However, two things;
1) I'm keeping my SRT-10, I'm a purist.
2) There's no way they'll let the Viper have 700bhp, if that would put the output over and above the most powerful Ferrari.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If it moves away from the race car image I move away from Viper:(

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was printed in the Wall Street Journal. Very interesting......

"The Dodge Viper hot-rod will be back in 2012. The concept vehicle displayed at the meeting had been painted more than 25 times with a candy-apple red to give it a sleek appeal. The vehicle is more upscale and has moved away from its race car image. Dealers said they were told the company’s new product committee took one look at the Viper and unanimously approved its production within five minutes."

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great news. Hope to see the curves and the V10 come back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62