Track Event at Thunder Hill Raceway - 10/23/10

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again...summer is over, the day is getting cooler & darker sooner and the kids are back in school. But that doesn't mean the fun is over! Grab your helmet, shades & driving gloves and head over to ThunderHill Raceway for a great time on Saturday, October 23rd. :drive:

All Vipers are welcome, even convertibles with stock roll hoops are OK.

ThunderHill has one of the best tracks for beginners...lot's of room for errors and lot's of turns for the advanced driver.

Professional coaches are always available to ride with first timers...no charge!

Look forward to seeing everyone up there!

For more information & to sign up, goto: Hooked On Driving - Leading National Performance Driving Program, High Performance Driving Experience, High Performance Driving School

Edgar & I will definitely be there, let us know if you want to go, we could all drive up together. :2tu:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see how many cars we can get to go. I am willing to help any Viper owners who want to come out with track info and car prep. I will bring one of my Vipers out and offer rides (if I bring the ACR) and coaching. I have over 200 hours logged at Thunderill and over 25 races there. Anyone interested in going feel free to contact me. It is safer on the track than on the street with texting teenagers and cell phone talking parents. Brian Barnes

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SFViper & Brian,

This sounds like a lot of fun for the price. I would like to go. Lets get the word out.

Glen

OP
OP
S

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SFViper & Brian,

This sounds like a lot of fun for the price. I would like to go. Lets get the word out.

Glen

It's a fantastic price! For $285, you get a whole day (4-5 twenty minute track sessions), lunch, professional coaching and free nitrogen fill-up for your tires at one of the service garages.
We could all get some high speed driving pointers from Brian...I know I could use some. And best of all, you get to drive your Viper as fast or slow as you want in a safe environment. Besides, the snake needs to come out of the shed to hunt. So, instead of watching Top Gear, you can be THE STIG! Let's get more Vipers to go!

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have invited my friends from the Ferrari club to come out and play as well...lets show them that Viper owners use their cars are they were intended!

escapedan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like I'm a day early...I'll be out there but on Friday 10/22. Agreed, Thunderhill is a great track for beginners and skilled drivers alike. I'll try to stretch it out another day and come out on Saturday as well.

Brian - PM'in you on a different subject.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I am signed up...who's going. A little dirt/rubber won't hurt your car. I am willing to put my life in your hands if you want some driving instruction...for FREE. I can also take anyone out in my ACR if interested to see the track...who's in??????????? Brian

OP
OP
S

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I am signed up...who's going. A little dirt/rubber won't hurt your car. I am willing to put my life in your hands if you want some driving instruction...for FREE. I can also take anyone out in my ACR if interested to see the track...who's in??????????? Brian
I'm in! Lot's of openings still available. Weather permitting, this could be the last run of the year. So, let's get the snake out before locking her up in the shed.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so who's going? Don't let a little rain stop you-it is unbelievable fun in the rain...you still go fast, just not as fast in the turns...but you can learn a ton about driving your Viper.

OP
OP
S

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still going...just not sure which car to bring :confused: Do I want to do power glides and try not to drift off the track into the mud or take over the track (or off) with my Infiniti FX45 and let the electronics do the work...:rolleyes:
I still have several hours to decide...I'm tracking the weather every hour.

Check out this driver, he makes driving a Viper in the rain look like a stroll in the park! YouTube - Dodge Viper SRT10 under the rain

Last edited:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point I will be bringing my C63 AMG Mercedes...with lots of "nannys" to try and stay on the track LOL. I have driven my 2006 FE Viper in the rain at both Laguna and in Pararump...it can be fun-just need to turn it down a few notches.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will now be at the track late morning, as weather report shows heavy rains in the a.m.. Hopefully we can get some quality track time in the afternoon. I look forward to seeing those of you coming up. Brian

OP
OP
S

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just arrived with the FX45, the forecast is 2" of rain so better leave the snake in the dry shed and let the electronics take control. Should be fun doing controlled drifts. Hope to see everyone on the track. Robert

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jezz Brian, you never got in the car with me??
I'm not always out of control. :dunno:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fun at the Track Slippin & Sliding!

Brian & I cruzed up in his sleeper C63 Benz & gave the Porsche GT3 a run for it's money to be polite & Robert was surfing in his FX45! Viper guyzz in the daily drivers what a sight!

Toddy G.

Last edited:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Toddy....for not crying like a school girl when we went around the track- unlike the drivers of the Porsche's, BMW's and Mustang Challenge drivers we left in our rooster tail of water LOL! We should have lied and told them it was our first time on track and it was a 6 cylinder C Class Benz. But I think they felt bad enough as it was!
Brian

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,

Robert the "Big Kahuna" (Surfin in the FX45) told me to relay a message to you "really good driving" especially in the rain! I guess I can't take all the credit as the co-pilot with my stereo & beverage duties.

It was pretty funny seeing the 2 blue flags fly up on the first hot lap, then after the Mustang Challenge Race Car & Porsche GT-3 couldn't catch us the corner workers were in aahh? I could of sworn I seen them throw up a sign that said GO BAD BOYZZ GO!

The little C63 piloted by the Old Men that could!!:usa:

All in good fun,
Toddy

OP
OP
S

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,

Robert the "Big Kahuna" (Surfin in the FX45) told me to relay a message to you "really good driving" especially in the rain! I guess I can't take all the credit as the co-pilot with my stereo & beverage duties.

It was pretty funny seeing the 2 blue flags fly up on the first hot lap, then after the Mustang Challenge Race Car & Porsche GT-3 couldn't catch us the corner workers were in aahh? I could of sworn I seen them throw up a sign that said GO BAD BOYZZ GO!

The little C63 piloted by the Old Men that could!!:usa:

All in good fun,
Toddy

Toddy,

Here's a photo of you and Brian kicking ass at THill...in the rain!

Move out fellas...I'm taking over the track in my FX45!

Let's hope 2011 will be a much better year so we can all take our snakes to the track! :2tu:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy,

Here's a photo of you and Brian kicking ass at THill...in the rain!

Move out fellas...I'm taking over the track in my FX45!

Let's hope 2011 will be a much better year so we can all take our snakes to the track! :2tu:

Gosh Darn-it " Big Kahuna " I hope our wives don't see this post because then Brian & I are Busted, because we told them we were just going down to the local Belair Super Market on a Milk Run. :usa:

Hey we did Kick some Porsche, BMW & Mustang tail though. Thanks for the great photos & looking foward to seeing you on the track again Robert.

Happy Holidays!
Toddy

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is another track day on the 27th at Thunderhill. Anyone going? The weather at this point says no rain. I am thinking of bringing the Comp Coupe out for the day...if my back doesn't go out again.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well since no one here wants (or can't like Mutts) to go and only the Ferrari,Porsche, Nissan,Lotus and Corvette guys I know so far are going...I'm either going to work or bringing my Ferrari to the track.