abs sensor output

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Do any of you guys know what kind of output the abs sensor on the viper produces? AC sinewave perhaps?

thanks for the help.
seb

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Do any of you guys know what kind of output the abs sensor on the viper produces? AC sinewave perhaps?

thanks for the help.
seb

i'm not sure of the output, I know john reed knows. What i do know is the output (gen 3 car) with Motec TC, had to run separate motec sensors tothe tone wheel

OP
OP
S

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I spoke to John. There are some things motec cannot due and utilizing the factory abs sensors as a source for wheel speed is one of them. So you just have to use hall effect sensors.

The circuit I designed is specific for reading the output from the abs sensors. We will see how it goes shortly.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck.

I am not sure if what you're doing is what John did, but he had someone build a circuitto convert a split abs signal to whatever signal the Motec reads, after fooling with it, we gave up. The signal was always too dirty

OP
OP
S

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has nothing to do with a motec. The motec can only accept certain signals. We have designed a circuit specifically for abs sensors. It works perfect on gm style sensors so I am assuming they would be the same but who knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets