Header Fab with pics (turbo car)

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i decided to convert everything on my 06 TT from the headers back to inconel. he process to me to ICEngineworks header blocks. These things are pretty amazing, allowing the "fitting" process to be done with what are essentially round lego like blocks. In any event, I just started. Unfortunately, I'm behind on the project, and the headers won't be done for the TX mils, so for the moment, I'll be "fabbing" the headers in the blocks, then putting what was on the car back on. I'll post the process, as I can still make the headers, but they will be behind prepping the car for the mile.
Here are a few pics. Keep in mind that I spent a grand total of about 20 minutes to get to this point. These by no means are intended to be a final model, just a quick study. Note the custom wood flange!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow those blocks are brilliant! I wish I had those in the past, and it also seems that you could send each modeled leg out and have it computer bent. At the very least minimizing the number of welds.

OP
OP
R

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool, I like those iceengineworks blocks.

Have you used them, they are great!

Looks like a cool setup

def. are

Wow those blocks are brilliant! I wish I had those in the past, and it also seems that you could send each modeled leg out and have it computer bent. At the very least minimizing the number of welds.

You can have them modeling or fabbed remotely. If you go to their website it explains how you take apart your final model & cut the pieces, miniizing the number of welds

pics worth a thousand words, your fab is cool beans

hopefully at the end i think the same thing!
I know where you can get some 3/8 Gen 3 header flanges, PM me and I'll hook ya up!

pm sent, lol, thx

Very cool!

thx

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
inconel headers huh...really nice! Cant wait to see the end results.