Latest 2012 Viper render

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really feeling this render either. Looks like a hack job if its anything close to what was shown. I highly doubt it as this looks goofy and an obvious ps attempt of melding the two car very poorly. But this is the latest to bounce around the net. Cant wait for the official pics. All these fakes are killing me.

You must be registered for see images

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the graphic down the side with the bolt of lightning or the forward moving fist?

Bruce

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It wouldn't be nearly as bad if all of the "stuff" didn't look like it was glued on aftermarket CRAP! Ferrari's Lambo's, etc all have that stuff- but its integrated into the body design, not added onto it. Big difference.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed with VS. But Id hate to see a Viper thats just a rebadged 8c with a different front and rear like this render. Thats not a Viper imho. Its badge engineering and would definitely take away from what the Viper is, again mho. Car needs to be low, wider and longer than an 8C, double bubble roof, 345 or more series tires fit-able out back, V10, 6 speed, with its own body work that sets it apart from everything else in Fiats stable.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
disgusting but this is more and more what we are seeing....I hate to admit it but people are buying GTR's ect and other hideous cars..this looks like the retarted offspring of a srt10 and GTR...

please god NO!!!!!!!!!!!

ive got to ask..for you guys that have been around for a while...How did you take the early srt10 rendering back in 2002 ect..
Was it this horrible for you heart as it is mine seeing this pic?

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
disgusting but this is more and more what we are seeing....I hate to admit it but people are buying GTR's ect and other hideous cars..this looks like the retarted offspring of a srt10 and GTR...

please god NO!!!!!!!!!!!

ive got to ask..for you guys that have been around for a while...How did you take the early srt10 rendering back in 2002 ect..
Was it this horrible for you heart as it is mine seeing this pic?

there is not a single thing "GTR like" about that horrible render.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think a Viper could ever be a "fat" car like that. To me Vipers are lean and streamlined.

btw, I know a lot of people like that lowered look, but I'm not one of them. Terrible.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've yet to see any renderings that looked worth a damn. Most are overdone, with way too many body contours and creases, or too gentle and wussified.

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
funny how the only people that thinkthe GT-R is ugly are the Vette and Viper guys....I've never got one negative comment about the car but I guess ost people keep that to themselves....as for the rendering, no thanks....

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly appreciate the numbers it puts up, but the GTR is a huge, terribly proportioned car...it just looks like ***. Compare what you can get for $70K...Z06s, Vipers, older Lambo G, 360 Modena, 996 & 997 Porsche etc...the GTR just doesn't compare in looks IMO

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care for the looks of the GTR either. It gives me the same feeling I get when I see a WRX.... Like... I know it's fast but:rolleyes:

Not that I'm crazy about either but the Nismo is much more to my liking...

I bought two new Z cars just like the ones below but really didn't care for the generation they made right before they killed it off... Either way... The Gen5 Viper shouldn't really bear any resemblence to any Datsun :smirk:

I always liked the 300zx better. More integrated design. Even today it catches the eye.

Hope the new Viper retains the heritage. The heads of the company have been saying the right things. Lets hope they get it right.

Last edited:

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just a poor Photoshop of the Alfa Romeo 8C. Don't worry.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah its nothing more than an 8C ps. About the GTR it certainly isnt classic sportscar pretty but I think it looks great with the right mods etc like most cars. Case in point: Should have come from the factory with this color.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah its nothing more than an 8C ps. About the GTR it certainly isnt classic sportscar pretty but I think it looks great with the right mods etc like most cars. Case in point: Should have come from the factory with this color.

The GTR does not compete LOOKS-WISE with the cars in its class. If it was Mustang GT priced, fine. For 80K? Its U-G-L-Y

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTR does not compete LOOKS-WISE with the cars in its class. If it was Mustang GT priced, fine. For 80K? Its U-G-L-Y

Pete sounds like you read a bit too much into what I posted. Giving a car its props doesn't mean I'm saying its the end all and be all of supercar beauty.:nono: I'm simply saying it does look pretty good when its all done up IMHO. It will never out-pretty most classically porportioned exotics/supercars etc as I clearly mentioned in my above post. However, it can be rescued from its factory plain Jane looks [my opinion] as evidenced by the pics I showed. Come on tell me that it doesnt wear orange nicely and that its not a huge improvement over stock?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the GTR had 250hp and front wheel drive you'd all be saying that not only is it slow but it's ugly. Same power-train in a GTS and everybody would say.. why didn't they put more performance into such an incredibly beautiful car.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete sounds like you read a bit too much into what I posted. Giving a car its props doesn't mean I'm saying its the end all and be all of supercar beauty.:nono: I'm simply saying it does look pretty good when its all done up IMHO. It will never out-pretty most classically porportioned exotics/supercars etc as I clearly mentioned in my above post. However, it can be rescued from its factory plain Jane looks [my opinion] as evidenced by the pics I showed. Come on tell me that it doesnt wear orange nicely and that its not a huge improvement over stock?

I will agree that it looks MUCH better in orange but all you are doing is putting lipstick on a pig. Sorry, just my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave