Crankshaft Damper Bolt?

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems as if I've lost the bolt somewhere in my garage while the car is apart. Does anyone know the size of the bolt and if I could pick up from a local Napa?

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would order one from Chuck. Its going to be hard to find a replacement. It is big and you want to make sure you have the correct length and shoulder on it. Also, the washer is very thick and you may not be able to find it in the exact thickness.
However, if you really want to try, I have mine out right now and I can get all the measurements you need to look for a match. Let me know in a PM. I'll be working on it all day tomorrow.

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would order one from Chuck. Its going to be hard to find a replacement. It is big and you want to make sure you have the correct length and shoulder on it. Also, the washer is very thick and you may not be able to find it in the exact thickness.
However, if you really want to try, I have mine out right now and I can get all the measurements you need to look for a match. Let me know in a PM. I'll be working on it all day tomorrow.

I m going to try the local dodge dealerships and see if I can get the size. The PS pulley and this bolt has set me back on my build. Another issue I m running into is the install of the damper. I got it off quiet easily using the puller but the installer won't fit through the damper. Is there a specific installer used to install the damper?

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure its fine if DC sells it.

just go slow drilling the crank and its easy

I can't even get the installer through the damper, I've already tried two installers. I m going to take the damper with me this time to make sure it goes through...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did the damper on a drill press first, then used that hole to help guide the drill thru the crank., it made it easy IMO

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
My washer is on a brand new bolt...actually, will not easily slide or unscrew off!!

Washer: outer diameter = 1.926 inches, thickness = 0.241 inches, inner diameter extrapolated from bolt's measurements: bolt's diameter at treaded level = 0.742 inches, at non-threaded neck = 0.709 inches.

Hope this helps!!!

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found the bolt locally at a nut/bolt place for 3 bucks and yes it is a grade 8 bolt...

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the grade 8 washer to go with it!

Yep got that as well. to install the damper I just bought a longer bolt with 7 washers and got that thing installed because none of the damper installers would fit through the damper hole...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth