New 2009 Viper ACR pricing?

Ronvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any official (or unofficial) place were I can get informaton on 2009 Viper ACR pricing. I cant get a straight answer from any dealership. Not that I have ever gotten the truth from before.
I am looking to buy a new 2009 ACR. Black, Graphite, or Red. Must have black center band (prefer drivers stripe) but I can add that at prefix later. I cannot get a straight answer from any dealership. They will advertise $13,500 off MSRP. (well some will). Others say "Sticker only". So I throw those out right off the bat. Anyone have a good dealership who is honest with pricing? I am all over the place on price. Some will give $14,500. Some are at $22,000 off on regular Vipers. I called Chrysler and got the same old "each dealer is independently owned and operated" crap. If you have bought a new 09 Viper ACR, do a fellow Viper owner a favor, and give a little insight. Thanks.

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you tried Viperexchange.com Did you call the dealers that are part of that? I don't believe Woodhouse has any 09's left, but worth a call.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find my Vipers mostly at Ringgold Dodge in Ringgold, Georgia. Go online and they deliver free right to your door. I think their prices are as good as you will ever get. I bought a 2009 ACR from them in Dec 08 and paid $105,310. I was very happy because here in Pensacola they jack the price up into $120,000s and tell you thats a great deal..(dealer markup). Check them out. Now I think maybe they sell for around $90,000. I don't know for sure though. Good luck, you will find your deal if you are serious. I believe you could find a 2008 ACR in the $80,000 price range.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any official (or unofficial) place were I can get informaton on 2009 Viper ACR pricing. I cant get a straight answer from any dealership. Not that I have ever gotten the truth from before.
I am looking to buy a new 2009 ACR. Black, Graphite, or Red. Must have black center band (prefer drivers stripe) but I can add that at prefix later. I cannot get a straight answer from any dealership. They will advertise $13,500 off MSRP. (well some will). Others say "Sticker only". So I throw those out right off the bat. Anyone have a good dealership who is honest with pricing? I am all over the place on price. Some will give $14,500. Some are at $22,000 off on regular Vipers. I called Chrysler and got the same old "each dealer is independently owned and operated" crap. If you have bought a new 09 Viper ACR, do a fellow Viper owner a favor, and give a little insight. Thanks.

Tomball's pricing is good, just call and ask for Bernie Katz, tell him what you want and he'll tell you what he has...and I think all of Bernie's 2009 ACR's are being discounted

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chrysler has nothing to do with dealer pricing....the bigger dealership are gonna get you the best prices....there aren't to many 09's left and 13,500-14,500 off sticker is probably the best you're gonna get....

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronvpr, 5 or 6 dealers probably sold over 50% of all vipers in the past few years, the rest dabble and sell 0 to 2 per year. Contact those 5 or 6, see what they have and ask for pricing. As the factory told you dealers are independant and set prices as they see fit to do, sometimes changing pricing up or down daily depending on the market.

ACR's in the color's your looking for sell for the low to mid 90's. You'll find some of the smaller dealers out there trying to get list and you may find one lower. Look on the internet at autotrader and ebay, find the viper you want and calll the dealer(s). For 09 selection I'd suggest you call Tomball Dodge, they probably bought 30 plus percent of all the 09 ACR's built.

You'll never find the lowest price ever, and I'd recommend you buy fron a dealer that sells viper's, not dabbles in them. Prep of car, knowledge and folllow up vary greatly dealer to dealer, buy from a real viper dealer not a part timer . Good luck. Mike

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to Tomball Dodge, contact Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge. I just bought a 2009 ACR from him and he was great to deal with and will give you a fair price.
PAVenomRT/10

dans69ss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ringgold Dodge. Unfortunately, I think theu only have one left. Yellow/Black. I have an '09 SSG with 750 miles if you're interested. Car is mint, never raced or tracked.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to Tomball Dodge, contact Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge. I just bought a 2009 ACR from him and he was great to deal with and will give you a fair price.
PAVenomRT/10

They don't have any, and in fact scoffed at the idea of buying an '09 with the "improved" 10's out.
Of course that might have something to do with being sold out of '09's...:)

OP
OP
R

Ronvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to thank all of you for your input. I have bought from both big dealers (Roanoke 96 GTS) and small (Leamam 04 SRT 10). I really have no preference due to none are near my house in Michigan for after the sale service. Price is the only point I like to discuss. I am rethinking it from the beginn:dunno:ing again. I sold my 04 SRT 10 to a new Viper owner. But big Mopar fan. Now I have the cash for the new one. Unfortunatley, winter is coming to Michigan and I will not have any drive time. It will be sitiing idle for the next five months. Unless the price is very appealing, I might wait till spring where I can get a slightly used one a lot cheaper like my 04' with 239 miles. Or see if they are discounting the 2010's. This will be the longest my garage has been without a Viper since 1998. I'm already in withdrawl.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there will be very little discounting on 2010 ACRs -- "Invoice" (~$5000 off) is probably the closest you'll get.

An average this year of 35 Vipers are sold each month (with the actual monthly number being larger in the past few months), five more months puts your choice down by another 150-200 Vipers (not all are ACRs of course)...if there is a color combo you want, you may want to go for it now. If color does not matter that much ...then wait ___ but if you specifically want a 2009 ACR there may not be any new ones left in 5 months (or just very few)

As for used ones, at any given time there never seems to be only a few to choose from (less than 700 built) but the few out there tend to range from $80-$90K depending on condition (not including damaged ones which can be a lot less) ...and to limit yourself to a 2009 ACR (vs 2008) will be even fewer to choose from...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie at Tomball Dodge will hook you up with a quality car and he is a pleasure to deal with.
I just got mine from him. he has some nice color's left.
I got the car I was looking for the graphite metallic is stunning.

Deep discounts on the '09's.

OP
OP
R

Ronvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deep discounts mean what? $13,500 is what the dealers have been saying for months. I can't believe that has not changed to a better figure. What company is still selling new 2009's and have not upped their discounts substantially? Chrysler is not saying anything. Some dealers are offering $15,000 to $19,000 off MSRP on 2009's. Who can you beleive? Nobody's consistant. Everyone seems to be hiding somnething. I like dealing with someone who is honest. I want to buy a new 2009 ACR but whom can I trust?

I mean, I don't want to be that guy that is walking out of the showroom wearing a barrel and half of the sales staff are high fiving each other and the other half are making their lunch reservations at Morton's. On ME!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you have found a dealer offering 19K off sticker what are waiting for a free one?

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Andrew @ Baxter in Nebraska, they still have a good selection of 2009's and are very good with pricing!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Mr. Bill Pemberton of Woodhouse,

"He da man with the magic pricin, Chu no what i mean". Seriously call Bill he can facilitate your purchase, deliver your Viper and make this quite a pleasant experience (Choice Viper).

Toddy

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might wait till spring where I can get a slightly used one a lot cheaper like my 04' with 239 miles.
It doesn't sound like you drive your Viper much anyway, time of year shouldn't matter...

Then take the $19k discount offered, and have all the eye candy you want until spring.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck getting 19K off sticker from anyone anywhere.
They would be giving you the car.

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like you drive your Viper much anyway, time of year shouldn't matter...

Then take the $19k discount offered, and have all the eye candy you want until spring.

If there were any dealers offering $19,000 discouts, I would buy one in a heartbeat, but I doubt very seriously this is the case. The biggest discounts I've seen are $13,500.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there were any dealers offering $19,000 discouts, I would buy one in a heartbeat, but I doubt very seriously this is the case. The biggest discounts I've seen are $13,500.
ask Ronvpr he's the one who quoted that number... I don't know how they could do it... But hey, if it's out there go get it!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at 13500 off they are loseing money---- and they r selling them for that

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just looking at the classifieds and there is a very nice yellow / black 2009 ACR in the classifieds.
Seemed like a good deal.

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chrysler is not saying anything. Some dealers are offering $15,000 to $19,000 off MSRP on 2009's. Who can you beleive? Nobody's consistant. Everyone seems to be hiding somnething. I like dealing with someone who is honest. I want to buy a new 2009 ACR but whom can I trust?

I mean, I don't want to be that guy that is walking out of the showroom wearing a barrel and half of the sales staff are high fiving each other and the other half are making their lunch reservations at Morton's. On ME!

I don't think anyone is being dishonest with you.....the dealerships are a business that try to maximize their profits....do you honestly think the sales staff are going to Morton's off of you buying a car for below what the dealership paid?....If you don't like the prices on the 09's the easy thing to do is pass and wait to see where they go....they my or may not go down but I would bet good money at some point they will all be gone.....I bought my 09 in Feb and called only 2 dealers who had the color I wanted....they both were priced pretty much the same....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger