Winnings and JonB

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At the farewell dinner I won the table centerpiece! Then, since I missed my wife I stepped outside and gave her a quick call on the Cell. The banquet hall got quiet and the Cell phone signal went dead so I walked back into the Banquet Hall. Bottlefed (and the rest of the table) informed me that I'd won something - but wasn't there so the prize went to someone else.

Then JonB came by and was handing out ACR decals, but my color was out so he promised to mail me one later (when he gets more). After that he (JonB) gave me 2 Laguna Seca record decals for my 2 Vipers. Last year he gave me Nurmburgring decals (which are on my cars).

After watching hundreds of T-shirts, a leather jacket and various other Viper gifts and memorbilia Jon was giving away Viper Hot wheels and key chains. I scored a Deep dark Blue Viper key chain for my sapphire car.

By now most of the people at my table had won one of two doorprizes AND most had been collecting free decals. Then John called me up and I won a metal boxed Dodge Ram watch (4 dials!).

When I thought things were slowing down Jon started drawing the BIG prizes. Not sure why but I did hope to win the Corsa exhaust (both my Vipers have Corsa exhaust) and the pair of PS2 Michellins (I'd just installed a new set of PS2s on my Sapphire GTS a few weeks ago). What happened after I didn't win those big prizes I DID win the Belnger Tri-Y headers!!! Biggest prize of all and I'd not even hoped that I'd win the headers! I just happen to own a 2000 ACR that has a Paxton and other tasteful mods without Headers. Although I couldn't justify spending over $2,000 on a set of headers to 'perfect' the work (brakes, etc) that I'd added to the car to make it closer to a perfect car for someone to buy ... JonB supplied them for free!

Thanks JonB. My ACR now is for sale with new headers that make the car the perfect purchase. The headers retail for nearly 2Gs plus shipping (JonB is paying that) and "brokerage and taxes" giving these headers a value of well over $2500. for me!

Thanks for helping me perfect both my Vipers Jon. :2tu:

Anyone that missed the Farewell dinner really missed out. The food was excellent and nearly everyone went home with Viper prize or prizes. Thanks to the Utah and Colorado Clubs and JonB for putting this on. Tom Gale also gave us a little history and a short speech which was great. :headbang:

Ted

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah yeah, we all know that I was sitting right next to you and had the next number in the sequence lol!

You should have won the Viper clock like you were supposed to and I would have won the Belangers!

At least they went to a good guy
Congrats Ted :D

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah....
We are all happy for you Ted, even if you did win my headers.

Good to see you again, let me know when you want to go up and take on that Ferrari!

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Clint my bud (Louie 660rwhp) with the SRT10 Paxton is gonna add a Nitrous system to his car (hint) so that he can get up to the 802rwhp I've got in my Paxton ACR. We'd be happy if you came up to play with us Clint!

I'm really hoping someone buys my ACR so that there'll be another fast Viper there. I invited 1600+rwhp A.R.T. TT to come up and set the world record and he's interested. We do have 1.8miles to accelerate!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats Ted!

very kewl about the headers, JonB does know how to pick the right give-away!!

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. He gave away a Corsa exhuast (second prize) and a pair of Michellin Tires (or half of a set of 4) as well for the final draw prizes.

It was awesome.

Jon mailed me Nurburgring Decals last year and I put one on each of my cars. He gave me a couple Laguna Seca record decals that night, but I havn't figured out where they fit on my cars, yet. You could phone him Leslie, he always works hard for his old customers if you're needing those decals.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your win Ted.

You're the second best guy that could have won the prize......

Jon,
Thanks for everything you gave away! Awesome prizes and an awesome night.

Greg

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was great that you made it and we got to meet Greg. I think I probably needed those headers for piece of mind more than anyone in the room, :)

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just happy to sit and watch so many Viper people winning raffle prizes of awesome Partrack give aways, as the smiles were contagious. I'd claimed the table viewer of the Pacecar pictured, and having been treated to a past pace car ride with JonB (for the race) a previous event, this was a neat little treasure to take home.

So I'm sat there enjoying the evening when Jon calls out "GTS-R plug-wires" now I've got the first GTS-R...I'm restoring, but I don't have all of it....I've been some 10 years gathering parts, but I do not have the Mopar wires! Doh, I guess I would have missed those when it came to firing it up, but...not now, I won them ;-) Thank You JonB / Partsrack.

Thanks to Colorado club for organising this night too, it was so good to catch up with you all again, but I'm going to have to give CO member John Johns some hassle for not being there: hey you were missed!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As was clear to all attendees, I want everyone to be absolutely certain to know that BELANGER, FORGELINE, CORSA, AUTOFORM, and TIRERACK were the generous donors of the prestige merchandise prizes for this VOI-after-party. PartsRack simply negotiated them, gave up our margin, and paid the shipping to the lucky winners. PartsRack donated the CAAP leather jacket, and the rest of the loot.....much of it from our buy-out of the CAAP Store.

***, glad we could 'rig' the doorprize questions so you could win! [ The FIX was IN! ] No one more deserving......

We were at the track Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun, never attended ONE daytime VOI event off-track. Too bad we did not get you into one of the Pace Cars for an East-Track look-see..... some of maurices' great photos:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper