What the Viper was made for...

SnakeBit06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow VCoA members, I have been meaning to get on here and tell you my experience with my Viper now that I am a few months into ownership. You all know the basics. The Viper is THE epitome of performance, it is amazing in every way.

But, the one thing that separates my experience from most folks in the Club...I have the privilege of living and DRIVING in Germany. My daily drive to work is 125 miles round trip. While I don't drive the snake everyday...the days that I do, I get to experience what this machine was made to do. About 40 of the 60+ miles (one way) is driven on non-speed restricted Autobahn. With the exception of traffic and weather...I SPEND THE MAJORITY OF MY COMMUTE LEGALLY ABOVE 120 MPH! I race and dominate Porsche's, Maserati's, M-series, a GT-R, RS-5, even pulled away from a Ferrari Scuderia. Been pleasantly surprised by a souped up 750...hung with me to about 160 before he had to back off...this Machine was made for the Autobahn. I wish you all could come and experience this driving experience on a daily basis.

Let it also be stated that around traffic I am extremely courteous and careful. In speed restricted zones, I always obey the speed limit. And, when the crowds gather, I always let them inspect the vehicle, laugh at my lack of German and my wild beard. They used to have a tv series here called Viper, sounds like the German Knight Rider. They bring it up every time they crowd around. I guess I better learn German and watch Viper.

Please, please if any of you ever make it out my way. Shoot me a message, we'll hit the Autobahn and put a little pavement under the Snake!

Eric

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, please if any of you ever make it out my way. Shoot me a message, we'll hit the Autobahn and put a little pavement under the Snake!

Eric

Great story!!

I travel a lot for work. I will make sure to contact you if I'm ever out that direction.

Enjoy the beast!! :headbang:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biotch :lmao:, the Envy is running really deep about now! :D

Enjoy! :drive: We'll have to live vicariously through you, until we can visit.

Just got ours (18 yr. dream), if I was having any more fun, I couldn't stand it!!:usa:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Our company was recently purchased by a large German software company so maybe one day I'll get to visit. Cruising the Autobahn sounds rather awesome. :jawdrop:

OP
OP
S

SnakeBit06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Slithr! You should try to find out if they are going to have another Viper Days at the Texas Motor Speedway. Markk you should definitely try to work in a visit out this way, Germany has far exceeded my expectations! And the Autobahn has lived up to the hype...and then some.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have a nice little track over there that we all have heard about. Something-ring it's called. I guess it's supposed to be pretty fun.

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will never forget going flat out in my 73 MGB with O/D (95MPH) in the slow lane of the Autobahn back in 1980, with cars coming up behind me and passing while Ferraris and Lambos and the like flew by on the inside left like a screaming blur.

Then we got to an accident scene with pieces of exotic scattered about the highway ... unreal. :omg:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:drive: Snake,Lucky you. Enjoy. In 71 spent a year in Vogelway, (Rhine Ordanance Barracks,& drove a VW.Will never forget how friendly the people were to me. ( Even with the problems the military group caused). Have Fun. :2tu:

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakebit06,
While I can understand the allure of the autobahn, driving at those speeds in traffic can obviously be disastrous. Be careful!
I prefer to do that kind of driving on a closed track with safety equipment and no traffic to worry about. So far I have not found a Porsche that can stay with me for long on the track. Maybe the 911 Turbo drivers have not been there the same day as me.
PAVenomRT/10

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Slithr! You should try to find out if they are going to have another Viper Days at the Texas Motor Speedway. Markk you should definitely try to work in a visit out this way, Germany has far exceeded my expectations! And the Autobahn has lived up to the hype...and then some.

I am truly jealous! No speed limits, a Viper, and the best bratwursts, geez what a lucky guy.:headbang:

I don't think Texas Motor Speedway is going to host club events like Viper Days anymore. Someone was killed recently, in a crash, during one of the programs out there (I think Texas Driving Expierience) and now, no car is allowed on the track, over 70mph, without a full rollcage. So that takes out all but the most race prepped cars. What a shame!:(

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ashame you didnt post early our club was over there in august, with the german club so quite a few vipers were out, day at the ring and a trackday on a private circuit and a few other things like a mini VOI

3rd year on the bounce now, though i went only on the first. One of our guys emptied his brimmed tank in 30 minutes while on the autobahn towards Frankfurt

you should hook with the german club, they use a restaurant very close to the Ring as their monthly meeting point, so they receive reserved parking even when the place is crowded

OP
OP
S

SnakeBit06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jance...always love bumping into an Oklahomie...Hopefully the roads back in OK don't tear your Snake up too bad;). Did you make it out to the Viper race in August? I was jealous that I wasn't able to make it!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Germany....But really the thing i remember most is beautiful women wearing white dresses while rideing bicycles..

This is 20 years ago..Is it still like that????

Cant even imagine driveing my viper like that

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for nice women, you need to go to Holland!! :D

@snakebit06

Def. hook up when we go to the ring! Sometimes we organise a cannonballrun in Germany AND on occassion a tunnelrun in London or Paris. Would be nice if you can hook up with us!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like a fun commute! What are the mpg's at that speed??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper