VOI was great.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove the World's Fastest Production Car (Nurburgring ACR) at the track! Hope that a few other guys did too? I heard that a few missed the opportunity because there was a LOT of corp execs that went first.

I drove an SRT and an SRT coupe through the autoX. 'vert was pushing on my helmet. SSG fit like my GTS. After running some 26.5 times Joe C (wash club) asked me if I'd like to try his nearly stock 2001 Sapphire/silver ACR around the autoX. My time was exactly the same! Best time of that session was Clint's 704rwhp Paxton copperhead SRT. Once the day warmed up and the cars got some rubber on the ashphalt there were times of 21sec a few days later.

Dodge trucked all the Vipers that were important historically. The original 89 concept car was there. It was the first time I'd seen the concept GTS. I had to figure it out because it had a Gen 1 dash, the side logo said "Viper GTS" with "coupe" in small letters. The winning Lemans and Daytona race cars were at the track on display. Our group spent one session figuring out how to turn off the traction control and really tap into the power of the 6.1L. The automatics really weren't very comparable (launch) to the 6 speeds. The 148@9 sec. V10
Challenger unvieled was awesome! Wish they'd build a thousand or more so that the old Hurst Hemi 'Cuda and Darts had some competition, but ... they're only building a low number of these cars (called "Drag Pak"). After enjoying the new Charger and several people with me mistaking the Journey for the new Dakota the Gen 5 Viper is gonna go onto my "Gotta own" list.

I'd also like to pick up a set of Gen 4 heads and intake if they can be found cheap. Nearly 100hp from stock heads and intake is amazing. Speaking to the SRT (Dick Winkles) engineer about the V10 and what makes it work was a great opportunity as was the SRT tech session. I'll probably post some of the stuff I learned there later.

Farewell dinner was great, as nearly everyone there won doorprizes. JonB presented ten grand worth of prizes at the dinner and there was so many prizes that it took a couple hours to draw all the tickets. At my table everyone got at least 1 prize and handouts. After I missed winning one prize (talking to wife on cell phone in hallway) I won a Dodge Ram watch, and the table's centerpiece. Then, I lucked out and won the big prize which was a set of new Bellanger headers for my Paxton ACR! Only thing I was missing for that car and they were free! Would have cost me $2500 to get them here. JonB is paying the shipping. :headbang: Thank you JonB

I would have posted pics, but imageshack seems to be down. Trevor took some pics of the Western Cda club on the stage.

Ted

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the Bellanger! Our table got some good prizes, though I've only got a knife, key chain, shirt and those Nurburgring stickers, it was a good farewell dinner overall... I'm not sure what Bottlefed won, was it a banner?

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't remember, but I think you're right. He did collect a couple stickers - but he wanted my new headers, lol.

Joe C won a monster Mouse pad.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm, I have a Blue logo'd floor mat for the pass side that JonB gave me last time I visited his place in Washdougal, Wash.

Trevor Cameron had someond take the Western Cda group photo and gave it to me ,,,

You must be registered for see images

First night's dinner. Thanks to everyone that made it. Doug Seal even managed to get down there for some quality time.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets