Read guage, record reading
unsrew compression tester and squeeze bleeder to release pressure
Screw sparkplug back into hole.

Finished

Uhh... deactivate the Fuel System???

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're changing the wires, yo should get a set of the bigger wire holders. I think their from Viper Specilty store. They are awesome! Removing the wires from the old holders can be tricky and you may break a few of them.

To get to that passenger side plug you should remove the vent box on the passanger side. just a few screws and makes things much easier to work on.

If you remove the cowl the wires are easy to change if you're careful and do them only 1 wire at a time. The cylinders are numbered odds on the driver's side and evens on the passenger side. Front of engine is #1 and #2 cylinders with 9 & 10 being the rearmost. My coils had the cylinder numbers cast into them.
By cowl, do you mean the cold air intake? When I replaced my cold air intake I noticed the layout of the plug wires going into the coils and thought "I wonder if I'll have to remove this thing again to replace the wires". Do you have to remove it, or is there a trick to replacing them. That would turn into a major job if you have to remove the cold air intake to replace plug wires.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want.... PM me a good email that can handle a large file and I'll try to send you a copy of the repair manual.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks slysnake....but im gonna let the dealer handle the wires

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one other thought you may want to install a Predator shift light/launch light so have the dealer give you a lead of one of the coils that you can connect to later on.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, the verdict is that you blew your wires by hitting the rev limiter ******* an upshift?
I so love the VCA. I learn something here everyday!

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please let us know once you've confirmed what the problem is.

Thanks,

Greg

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, the verdict is that you blew your wires by hitting the rev limiter ******* an upshift?
I so love the VCA. I learn something here everyday!

That would be a nearly ridiculous occurrence. There is zero relationship between hitting a limiter and plug wires going afoul. If anything, it would be the opposite - the plug wires would get some relaxation if the ignition is cut at the limiter. ;)

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be a nearly ridiculous occurrence. There is zero relationship between hitting a limiter and plug wires going afoul. If anything, it would be the opposite - the plug wires would get some relaxation if the ignition is cut at the limiter. ;)

I'm pretty sure Cop Magnet was being sarcastic :)

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still betting on this being a case of a bad palm frawn in the flux capacitor.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No criticism intended for your artwork, but what is that supposed to be?
lol, obviously you're a young guy because In the old days of dot matrix printers such "art" was common. You gotta get back and look at it from a little further away.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No, I am sure this is right. You over-rev the motor, it smokes out of one side and runs rough, throws multiple codes including crank sensor, and there is at least one wet, black plug. And when experienced people tell you to take it in, you ignore them. You only comment on the people who are teasing you, ironically about your not listening. Ever.

The answer clearly is to keep driving it, do some hard pulls to see if the problem goes away, and maybe change the wires. You shouldn't need to take it in for this. It's not like the motor is blown or anything.

Plus even if it is, you are under warranty baby! It's all good!

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think it's the timing chain........

BTW, motors don't heal themselves. Not yet anyway.

Greg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you cant be serious are you----timing chain:bonker::bonker::bonker::bonker:

Yep.

I've seen it before (albiet not in a Viper). It get's damaged and causes the crank position sensor to go nuts. The motor runs like crap one minute then fine the next. This seems to be his issue.

I know damn sure it wasn't the plug wires.

Whatever it is, I'd like to know once it gets figured out.

Greg

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a double roller chain and gear- i just dont see how--- but if it is, i will get on a plane and shake your hand

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cop magnet always has something rediculous to say...

Im still waiting on the wires and I will take her to the dealer for install...

Of course im hopeing it's just a bad wire despite that not makeing sense. Spark plugs and wires were good for 20 back to back passes in two days but then suddenly just go bad and my exhause literally disconnects?

More than likely a major set back...

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I am sure this is right. You over-rev the motor, it smokes out of one side and runs rough, throws multiple codes including crank sensor, and there is at least one wet, black plug. And when experienced people tell you to take it in, you ignore them. You only comment on the people who are teasing you, ironically about your not listening. Ever.

The answer clearly is to keep driving it, do some hard pulls to see if the problem goes away, and maybe change the wires. You shouldn't need to take it in for this. It's not like the motor is blown or anything.

Plus even if it is, you are under warranty baby! It's all good!

Once again Cop Magnet adds valuable imformation to a thread...Yea that sarcasm stuff is real funny...

-Did you know that i still have a paint issue case going with my dealership since march of this year. they banged my door scratching the paint. Admitted that they did it and I have still yet to receive a check.

-Another time they some how adjusted my headlight and left it in the wrong posistion. They also lost my fog light access cover. (fixed my self and have new cover on order)

-They removed my valave covers and put back the wipers incorrectly were the wiper damaged my hood when operated

Ill go to the dealer when Im good and ready and know that I just HAVE to go..Viper techs my A$$...Again dont just assume with your blatant sarcasm that you somehow know my situation better than I do

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister. Are there any respected tuners out there? Even an import Guy? If they are known for good work. Ya might wanna go there to let them look it over. It sounds like a better option than your "viper tech"

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cop Magnet is probably just frustrated with this (and probably other) threads from you.

Personally I want to congratulate you on getting 'spell check' or having someone else type your posts.

Secondly find another dealer or a good shop to change your wires and plugs then report back to us.

Until then 'go suit up Danger' and good luck.:2tu:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would someone please do a fwcking compression test on his car please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlueSRT...wouldnt the dealer do this????? Again I had to learn how to change the plugs..LOL

I know the dealer and they aint checking anything till they change the plugs and wires..especially when my code is P0302 (cylinder 2 misfire)

So Viper specialty has the larger wire holders...OK...Need to order I guess

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cop Magnet is probably just frustrated with this (and probably other) threads from you.

Personally I want to congratulate you on getting 'spell check' or having someone else type your posts.

Secondly find another dealer or a good shop to change your wires and plugs then report back to us.

Until then 'go suit up Danger' and good luck.:2tu:

I stopped posting on the nsx forums because half of them are like you and think they are rolling lamborguinis and are somebody's and have to be all proper ect.And spelling/grammer or slang is beneath them.

America wasnt built on grammer/spelling ect. It was built on the blood and sweat of americans who were willing to die for their country. half of them were probally borderline eliterate. But their fighting spirit was smarter than any. now we our the dominant force of the world.

I look at the viper the same way..it's not sophisticated. Hell compared to most cars in 2010 it's passing with a D-...But the spirit and rawness of the viper makes it the dominant force of the production car world.

Thats how I feel in reguards to your constant grammer/spelling querries..Means little to me

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped posting on the nsx forums because half of them are like you and think they are rolling Lamborghini's and are somebody's and have to be all proper ect.And spelling/grammer or slang is beneath them.

America wasnt built on grammer/spelling ect. It was built on the blood and sweat of americans who were willing to die for their country. half of them were probally borderline eliterate. But their fighting spirit was smarter than any. now we our the dominant force of the world.

I look at the viper the same way..it's not sophisticated. Hell compared to most cars in 2010 it's passing with a D-...But the spirit and rawness of the viper makes it the dominant force of the production car world.

Thats how I feel in reguards to your constant grammer/spelling querries..Means little to me

You're obviously oblivious to a wide range of things Danger just by what you posted. At least show some respect and capitalize the word American. Spelling the damn words correctly just helps the reader understand what the f**k you're trying to say.

Danger's moto... 'and the illiterate will inherit the world'

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave