Another ***** race: Vette tags Viper hard

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't to long ago I remember seeing a race similar to this one, on one of those little rinky dink 1/2 mile tracks between a Jeep SRT8 and a GMC Jimmy. The Jimmy intentionally spun the Jeep causing a good chunk of damage to it. I wonder if these are the same guys, and yes it's pretty recent, last month.:crazy2:

YouTube - Viper Crash in King of the Hill

--RS

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Multiple vids of this on Youtube. Here's comments from a different vid.

t is clear that the driver of the viper was brake checking in turn three,the corvette did not even touch the viper looks like driver error on part of viper
Hmmmm. Looks like the Viper was always one to two car lengths ahead through out this 3/4 of a lap race. Not sure what they're on about.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you take a street Viper out on a hick track like that?! Stupid manuver. Hoping it was a salvage title car setup for the track, but don't think so.............:mad:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could have beena 60K ZR1 C4 though and in that case somewhat comparable to the 75K GTS..

Looked like it put up a decent fight in the acelleration department so Im thinking it maybe was a ZR1 with some mods verses a stock GTS...

I cant evan fathom what a regular C4 would need to hang with a GTS

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could have beena 60K ZR1 C4 though and in that case somewhat comparable to the 75K GTS..

Looked like it put up a decent fight in the acelleration department so Im thinking it maybe was a ZR1 with some mods verses a stock GTS...

No, it's not a ZR-1...

84-86 C4

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WHAT?:dunno:

That looks like a regular C4 to me... Wasn't the Viper driver on the brake even in turns?

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im not sure I could hold myself back from killing that Vette driver. I get pissed just watching that pit maneuver. :mad:

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm well I guess Norbert there needs a Fiero, not a Viper. Seems like this track is up in Canada, maybe Dave's farm produced this genius.:rolleyes:

--RS

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind the corvette hit the back of the viper!!!! Otherwise, why would the corvette have lost control at the exact same moment?? I think I'd have to kill the bastard!

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To me, it looks as if the Vette actually lost control before hitting the Viper. Watch closely you can see the rear end of the Vette step out just before the Viper spins. Track looks rather slick I bet the Vette just barely tapped the Viper but was just enough for him to loose it.

That sort of race seems rather pointless to me. If you have 2 pretty equal cars the one that starts on the inside is just about always going to win.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty dumb on both drivers' part. The Vette for pushing the Viper thinking he had a chance in hell of beating it and the Viper for running an oval against a POS that can be bought for 5K.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a C4, and my opinion is that vette wasn't a stock C4. And yes, the vette is at fault. What a goof. I would not have taken that very well. I think it said the track was in Deleware, but up here in Canada at Mosport, they have King of the Hill every Sat. night. I went in it a couple of times (not with the Viper) and decided to give it up after a few close calls. I don't know what it is like now, but a couple of years back you run what you brung, and half of the guys going out on the track had been drinking. Add in a couple of deadbeat weirdos with worthless cars and they become dangerous. Alot of them could care less whether they smashed their car or not.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The road course is TMP (toronto motorsports park) I have played there many times with the Ontario VCA. Don't recognise that car. GTS Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950