More Progress Towards The 10's In My Mildly Modified 06 Viper - Turned An 11.3 @ 124

Status
Not open for further replies.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: More Progress Towards The 10's In My Mildly Modified 06 Viper - Turned An 11.3 @

Define bolt on's? Does that mean he can bolt on skinnies on the front?

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: More Progress Towards The 10's In My Mildly Modified 06 Viper - Turned An 11.3 @

1Sad's obsession concerning Ford magazine racers started at an early age.

You must be registered for see images

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Define bolt on's? Does that mean he can bolt on skinnies on the front?

It should, easy cheap way to pick up a tenth. Most would want to see it done on stock fronts I would think though.

Tucker LMAO:)

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can't we start a petition to ban 1badGTS, I'm tired of the childish drivel already. Let my vote be number one!! I hope everyone runs 10's in their vipers soon. But in all seriousness, who cares, it only matters that you have fun trying.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You busted that 11.3 at 124 in 85 degree weather...???

if so then you are on your way..10's despite the weather though will be hard..3.6 tenths...I could see you picking up a max of 2-3 mph in great weather..Perhaps on a mine shaft negative 1500 day 3-4 mph...

127-128 mph trapps and a low 1.7 might be enough but man of man IS IT GONNA BE CLOSE..

What are your modifications exactly????? can you do a few more bolt ons?

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why does he have to come in here and run his mouth? 1Bad, go back and read what he said. The correction factor is something he never claimed was an absolute...just a measuring tool and it's not exactly inaccurate. Do you think that Jaime would have ran what he ran at the thread OP's track in 1500 DA? Of course not!

BTW if you have all this coin floating around that you can just blow on a track rental and other stuff, why don't you just get a Viper? You have not had one for years and yet you still come around. Just go away dude. You come into threads just to start crap. In my opinion, I think you are trolling...which is forbidden in just about any forum. Stop coming in here to start crap kid.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've ran my nittos at 19. That is what I had them at when I cut a 1.4x 60' on them.

1fast400,

When running 19 lbs, did you ever notice the tire slipping on the rim? I'm wondering how low you can go before the tire starts moving around the rim on a sticky launch pad.

I haven't put a mark on my tires in relation to the valve stem yet, but it might be interesting to see if there is any movement there.

Thanks,
George

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score

George last drag Wed is mid Nov. Lets get out there and make a few runs before the season is over.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I gotta be at SEMA next week and another show the week after that. If I'm in town I'll definately come over!!

Cheers,
George

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TrackAir

I see you live in Vacaville, CA....I was taken by a friend to Vaca Valley Dragstrip in 1963 to watch him race.. That was my 1st trip ever to a dragstrip. I lived in Roseville, CA.....10th grade, ha....Take care

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1fast400,

When running 19 lbs, did you ever notice the tire slipping on the rim? I'm wondering how low you can go before the tire starts moving around the rim on a sticky launch pad.

I haven't put a mark on my tires in relation to the valve stem yet, but it might be interesting to see if there is any movement there.

Thanks,
George

I didn't check after the run. I did it over a year ago and kept those tires on it till may before doing pinks. I ran 5.80's on that run :). Would have given anything for it to have been on an 1/4 mile track. Would have went 8's. Which is what I plan on doing next month.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score

George that works for me next week I have emergency disaster/medical training and it's all week so looks like the last week will work for me as well. I have some new toys on the car and want to try them out before the season ends.

I gotta be at SEMA next week and another show the week after that. If I'm in town I'll definately come over!!

Cheers,
George

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I didn't check after the run. I did it over a year ago and kept those tires on it till may before doing pinks. I ran 5.80's on that run :). Would have given anything for it to have been on an 1/4 mile track. Would have went 8's. Which is what I plan on doing next month.

Your car has been eating your protein bars. That is a STRONG car.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why does he have to come in here and run his mouth? 1Bad, go back and read what he said. The correction factor is something he never claimed was an absolute...just a measuring tool and it's not exactly inaccurate. Do you think that Jaime would have ran what he ran at the thread OP's track in 1500 DA? Of course not!

BTW if you have all this coin floating around that you can just blow on a track rental and other stuff, why don't you just get a Viper? You have not had one for years and yet you still come around. Just go away dude. You come into threads just to start crap. In my opinion, I think you are trolling...which is forbidden in just about any forum. Stop coming in here to start crap kid.
Read the facts they are as follows and ex VCA pres Joe Houss will attest to what iam about to say.Englishtown NJ is one of the fastest tracks in the world.In all the years of racing , mag testing of Vipers there EXACTLY two Vipers have EVER RUN 10S on street tires Jamie Furman in his supercharged Gen 2 And Evan Smith testing Dan Blacks DLM car .Both of the above cars made HUNDREDS of horsepower more than a Gen 3 with bolts on and were driven BY DRIVERS slightly better than Track Air.You guys are all so sure about this DA thing man up,pool your money and i will see you all at the starting line at Englishtown (which as i previously mentioned this time of year has a DA of sea level or below.)

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Read the facts they are as follows and ex VCA pres Joe Houss will attest to what iam about to say.Englishtown NJ is one of the fastest tracks in the world.In all the years of racing , mag testing of Vipers there EXACTLY two Vipers have EVER RUN 10S on street tires Jamie Furman in his supercharged Gen 2 And Evan Smith testing Dan Blacks DLM car .Both of the above cars made HUNDREDS of horsepower more than a Gen 3 with bolts on and were driven BY DRIVERS slightly better than Track Air.You guys are all so sure about this DA thing man up,pool your money and i will see you all at the starting line at Englishtown (which as i previously mentioned this time of year has a DA of sea level or below.)

And you will be driving whose car?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You busted that 11.3 at 124 in 85 degree weather...???

if so then you are on your way..10's despite the weather though will be hard..3.6 tenths...I could see you picking up a max of 2-3 mph in great weather..Perhaps on a mine shaft negative 1500 day 3-4 mph...

127-128 mph trapps and a low 1.7 might be enough but man of man IS IT GONNA BE CLOSE..

What are your modifications exactly????? can you do a few more bolt ons?
NEVER EVER going to happen .The da will improve horsepower the trap speed will go up (like you said )to maybe 125.BUT in no way possible (on street tires )will a Viper go 10s ACTUAL with such a low low trap speed .Every bit of fact indicates to run 10s on street tires you need to trap at least 129 plus minimum.(and of all the 129 mph runs only one guy has EVER done it )Furman (as i mentioned earlyier routinely_ ran 10s in his blown Gen 2 on Pilots BUT that car trapped 132 plus in a 1500 foot plus da

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you are saying 10's on street tires are impossible, regardless of power level?

:lmao: :rolaugh: :lmao: :rolaugh: :lmao: :rolaugh: :lmao: :rolaugh: :lmao: :rolaugh: :lmao:

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you were arguing that a bone stock gen4 can only be driven into the 10's by one of your pro drivers.

Then it seems like you are arguing that a gen 3 with bolt ons/street tires can never get into the 10's.

Now it appears you are arguing that any viper, regardless of power/mods, simply cannot be driven into the 10's on street tires unless its a perfect pass with a pro driver?

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1badballwasher, 1badgts cant drive, 1badgts living in past, onebadballwasher

:rolaugh:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And you will be driving whose car?
The bet is (if TRACK AIR MANS UP )i will rent E-Town and pay ALL his travel expenses (including cost of car transport ect )to NJ if he runs an ACTUAL 10 second run in a GEN 3 (bolt on ) on street tires (no drag radials allowed ).Should he fail he must pay for everything.There is ABSOLUTELY no HIDING BEHIND 1500 foot da ect because this time of year Englishtown is sea level or better.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The bet is (if TRACK AIR MANS UP )i will rent E-Town and pay ALL his travel expenses (including cost of car transport ect )to NJ if he runs an ACTUAL 10 second run in a GEN 3 (bolt on ) on street tires (no drag radials allowed ).Should he fail he must pay for everything.There is ABSOLUTELY no HIDING BEHIND 1500 foot da ect because this time of year Englishtown is sea level or better.

So you are guaranteeing that when he runs, the DA will be 0 or negative? Wow, that's a lot to risk if he arranges the travel, and the DA is not 0 or better, you would be out a lot of money.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you were arguing that a bone stock gen4 can only be driven into the 10's by one of your pro drivers.

Then it seems like you are arguing that a gen 3 with bolt ons/street tires can never get into the 10's.

Now it appears you are arguing that any viper, regardless of power/mods, simply cannot be driven into the 10's on street tires unless its a perfect pass with a pro driver?
No arguing the facts iam stating .Of all the Gen 4s ever run down the track exactly one time has a stock car on stock tires run 10s.If you have ever gone to a track and witnessed a Viper running 10s on street tires the power out is HUNDREDS of horespower more than a GEN 3 with bolt ons People with little experiance at the track think because he ran an mid 11.3 hes on his way to a 10 actual and it does not work that way on street tires .Once the car is baselined to pick up that 3 plus tenths is (over 4 car lengths )going to need a tremendious amount of power.Trap speed wise at least 6 plus mph on a dead perfect run

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you are guaranteeing that when he runs, the DA will be 0 or negative? Wow, that's a lot to risk if he arranges the travel, and the DA is not 0 or better, you would be out a lot of money.
Da will be 500 foot or better easily =absolutely will not be over 1000

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ps were talking about NJ weather in the 50s(this time of year ) will be a nice DA.Very easy to plan this by the 5 day forcast.Are you will to stand by your friend and maybe pool your money here since your so interested.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hate to tell you, if he pops a mid 1.60 in decent air, he's there. No doubt it can happen.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speedfreak has already gone quicker than most people ever thought a GEN III could do before he modded his car.

So depending on his commitment and the definition of bolt-ons. His getting into the 10's with mods is possible on Pilots and even in FL.

If it was really so important to run 10's in a stock GEN IV. I would return my car to stock,wait for cold weather,rent the track,prep it start to finish and get it done.

I have no problem with Jamie Furman's 10 second runs and I am glad he did it for himself and the Viper community. What I don't like is you acting like no one else can do it,1BADGTS.

People who really race their own cars also know why it was possible for him to do it and the conditions needed to get it done.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speedfreak has already gone quicker than most people ever thought a GEN III could do before he modded his car.

So depending on his commitment and the definition of bolt-ons. His getting into the 10's with mods is possible on Pilots and even in FL.

If it was really so important to run 10's in a stock GEN IV. I would return my car to stock,wait for cold weather,rent the track,prep it start to finish and get it done.

I have no problem with Jamie Furman's 10 second runs and I am glad he did it for himself and the Viper community. What I don't like is you acting like no one else can do it,1BADGTS.

People who really race their own cars also know why it was possible for him to do it and the conditions needed to get it done.
Your opinion is not backed up by the fact part if you look at the time factor the cars have been out for .The Gen 3 have been out since 1993 not one 10 second run on stock tires .The Gen 4 have been out goung on 3 plus years .he you ran you GEn 4 stock did uyou ever get 10s

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL in typical fashion EVERYONE has an opinion about yje fact that it can be dpone BUT i dont see one of you (not one )offering up ANY MONEY TO BACK YOUR GUY.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL in typical fashion EVERYONE has an opinion about yje fact that it can be dpone BUT i dont see one of you (not one )offering up ANY MONEY TO BACK YOUR GUY.

The most important thing to notice in the thread, and of course you missed it, is these guys are backing themselves, not "their guy." These are real enthusiasts who drive their cars, not ones who swing from the ******* of another man who doesn't even own the car in question themselves.

Magazine racing is one thing. Those worshiping the ground a magazine racer walks on is a whole new level of low.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The most important thing to notice in the thread, and of course you missed it, is these guys are backing themselves, not "their guy." These are real enthusiasts who drive their cars, not ones who swing from the ******* of another man who doesn't even own the car in question themselves.

Magazine racing is one thing. Those worshiping the ground a magazine racer walks on is a whole new level of low.
Has nothing to do with the fact -thread here.Hey are you will to put up money (instead of talk )DONT THINK SO

Status
Not open for further replies.