More Progress Towards The 10's In My Mildly Modified 06 Viper - Turned An 11.3 @ 124

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: More Progress Towards The 10's In My Mildly Modified 06 Viper - Turned An 11.3 @

Has nothing to do with the fact -thread here.Hey are you will to put up money (instead of talk )DONT THINK SO

Sidestepping doesn't work here as the thread tags clearly dictate. You are a washed up never has been that doesn't even own the car in question, has never accomplished anything yourself, yet you claim to be the end all voice of wisdom on a subject you have no experience with yourself. Why would any of us put money up to travel to a track to disprove a never has been? Rhetorical I know, but your head seems to be thicker than the air most of these guys are forced to run in. On the other hand, you claim it can't be done, so put your money up, and perhaps someone will make the effort, which will ultimately give you the greatest gift of all; another sack to swing from.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: More Progress Towards The 10's In My Mildly Modified 06 Viper - Turned An 11.3 @

My Opinion is nobody seems to care about getting into the 10's in their GEN III on Pilots except you.

And though it is absolutely possible to do it in a GEN IV nobody has felt the need to dethrone Jamie. Maybe because he has our respect. You can rest assured that if it were only you with the record I would be more than happy to take it from you.

As far as Speedfreak goes I think he still needs a little more hp than he currently has "bolted-on" to get into the 10's so I won't take you up on your offer. I do think he will get there though.

Last edited:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the time Evan Smith ran is excellent for the conditions but is far from any kind of real world record although it might be a publication record? I have seen many, many passes in a stock Z06 beat that et and expect to see other vipers do it as well if they haven't already. The facts are I did run a 10.98 in a bone stock Z06 on runflats and several 10 second runs in the same car the same day with drag radials, there were witnesses and video to prove it as well as being signed off by the track owner of Maryland International Raceway and the car has run many vette events with Ranger and others who have looked the car over and had equal success with the Z06. I don't think a magazine printing a story makes it real, or any more or less credible, and unless the car is given a thorough examination by experts and deemed to be bone stock, I would consider it no more valid than an owner on this board claiming his car is stock and offering it up for examination as I have. I would be more than happy ANYTIME to let anyone hook up a computer to my car and see if its ever had a tune or anything else done to it which would show up with a computer scan, as well as any visual check to see if bolts have been loosened or whatever anyone would want to check. That being said I do believe without the weather, (40degrees) I was racing in and it being a track rental with excellent traction that 10's on runflats would of been possible and even with DR's would of been tough to go 10's. I recently took the car out on a hot afternoon (86degrees) and raced at a track that was not prepped as well with Ranger as a matter of fact and both cars ran slow times imo, 11.6's and 11.7's most runs, with mph down condsiderbaly (124) in the heat and although I was able to run the best et that afternoon it was only an 11.42 at 125mph as the heat majorly drained hp. Its my opinion that the times and mph that Evan Smith ran in the Viper would lead me to believe the Viper is quicker and faster than the Z06 in similar conditions especially considering the high mph he ran.

Once again, from Jamie Furman himself.

1BADGTS, please refute EVERYTHING that Jamie Furman has stated here. He's basically saying the same thing we are saying. It doesn't take any genius to see that the weather and private track rental are the biggest factors in his 10sec. pass...and if similar conditions exist, it WILL happen.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

your "bet" is also stupid.

You want to bet someone the cost of a track rental, cost to ship/drive a car, hotel/food..etc..etc. Just so they can have a chance for them to run a 10 second pass and prove you wrong. And if they dont do this they have to pay for everything. Its a risk with no gain.
You would have to be a morn to accept this "bet".(and come up with it).

The same person can just wait until the DA is optimal at their own local track and risk NOTHING to do it. Dont have to drive/ship a car, dont have to risk thousands of dollars(for no gain), dont have to plan a weekend off..etc..etc

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

actually if he ran a 124.2 trappin 85 degree weather at near 1500 Density Altitude..

Then at English town on one of those negative 1000 days he can defiently be in the 126-127 range.

2500 foot differance is a LOT...Not to mention the 60 degtree air kooling his car down after every run verses the 85 degree ai he was just running in..

I think 1BADGTS is just a lil salty because that 11.3 is darn close to the 11.2 his old GTS was capable of

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TrackAir

I see you live in Vacaville, CA....I was taken by a friend to Vaca Valley Dragstrip in 1963 to watch him race.. That was my 1st trip ever to a dragstrip. I lived in Roseville, CA.....10th grade, ha....Take care

I remember seeing the race track being used as a kid when driving by on hiway 80. Although they would never allow it, apparently it is still grandfathered as a race track from a zoning point of view, even though it is a field of weeds right now.

How cool would it be to have a little 1/8 mile track right there??

The whole area is surrounded by sub divisions, so noise, etc would be a major problem :nono:

Cheers,
George

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The bet is (if TRACK AIR MANS UP )i will rent E-Town and pay ALL his travel expenses (including cost of car transport ect )to NJ if he runs an ACTUAL 10 second run in a GEN 3 (bolt on ) on street tires (no drag radials allowed ).Should he fail he must pay for everything.There is ABSOLUTELY no HIDING BEHIND 1500 foot da ect because this time of year Englishtown is sea level or better.

1BADGTS,

I think you've confused TrackAire (me) with Speedfreak.

Confusion is the first sign of the medical condition known as "******** Concussion"...be careful and have it check out :lmao:

Sorry man, I couldn't resist :D

George

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1BADGTS,

Confusion is the first sign of the medical condition known as "******** Concussion"...be careful and have it check out :lmao:

CANT STOP LAUGHING.:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::lmao::lmao::lmao::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sidestepping doesn't work here as the thread tags clearly dictate. You are a washed up never has been that doesn't even own the car in question, has never accomplished anything yourself, yet you claim to be the end all voice of wisdom on a subject you have no experience with yourself. Why would any of us put money up to travel to a track to disprove a never has been? Rhetorical I know, but your head seems to be thicker than the air most of these guys are forced to run in. On the other hand, you claim it can't be done, so put your money up, and perhaps someone will make the effort, which will ultimately give you the greatest gift of all; another sack to swing from.

Brilliant, and to the point. :lmao:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys know 1badGTS and JF are one in the same right?????

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score

1fast400,

When running 19 lbs, did you ever notice the tire slipping on the rim? I'm wondering how low you can go before the tire starts moving around the rim on a sticky launch pad.

I haven't put a mark on my tires in relation to the valve stem yet, but it might be interesting to see if there is any movement there.

Thanks,
George

I have ran mine down to 15psi on my PS2's and there were no slippage on the rim.

here are my times

fastest mph time
60' 1.79
330 4.987
1/8 7.527
MPH 99.07
1000 9.701
1/4 11.53
MPH 125.99

fastest E/T time
60' 1.85
330 4.976
1/8 7.494
MPH 98.39
1000 9.637
1/4 11.452
MPH 124.27

I could have gotten it down to 11.2X if the mustang didn't blew up on the track, I had to wait and I wanted to get going so another time. D/R would have gotten me into the 10's Btw, no power shifting on just about all my runs, even the times listed.

Mod's are K&N intake, no cats, mopar race exhaust, and SCT tune (I don't think it did much after the tune). My shifting point from 2nd to 3rd and to 4th were about 5700-5800rpm

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well, I have been gone a couple days and I see 1badgts is up to his same old crap. Will somebody please eject this guy from the forum. Buddy, you wouldn't know a fact and logical argument if it kicked you in the balls (if you have any).

1. Why in the hell would I go to all the time, expense and trouble to go 1300 miles to drive 10's at E town when I have a sea level track right here? Jesus, you are learning impaired. Moreover, why anyone would believe you would pay for anything is beyond me. You are 24 karat blow hard that couldn't drag race his way out of a paper bag. Plus I would actually have to see you which would only bring me nausea.

2. You continue to make 3 arguments that I (and others) have definitively proven false and that the whole world can recognize but you. They are:

1. That when a gen 3 or 4 makes the horsepower to go 10's it never will because of traction on street tires. This is purported because your idol drivers couldn't do it. I HAVE ALREADY RUN FASTER 60 FOOT TIMES WITH MORE HORSEPOWER THAN YOU SAY IS POSSIBLE AND THAT ANY OF YOUR GOD DRIVERS HAVE DONE. E.T. is a function of 60 foot time and trap speed (among other things). If 60 foot goes down an trap gos up the number comes down it is that simple. Furman went 10.92 with a 1.76. I have already run a 1.74 and will better that believe me and I only need a 10.99. ONLY WEATHER IS THE VARIABLE I NEED TO IMPROVE. Ray W. WENT A 1.74 - AGAIN, FASTER THAN ANY OF YOUR BED BUDDYS.

2. Likewise you say "550 horsepower to the wheels and pilots" won't work because of traction. Again, I have destroyed this argument running nearly 125 which is 530 to wheels in my car already with a 1.74 short time. In good DA weather it will be 560-570 and 127 or 128.

3. You apparently didnt even pass algebra in high school as the rudimentaries of DA and e.t. and trap speed are beyond your comprehension. Furmans 10.92 on his negative 915 DA day converts to an 11.26 @ 126 in the 1500 foot DA I was running in where I ran 11.36 at 124.3 and Ray ran 11.28 @ 125. This is nearly exactly equivalent to Furman's time. If I add on 7 hundreths to run a 10.99 instead of his 10.92 I am already there in the weather he had. Moreover, I ran a better short time than he did SO YOUR TRACTION ARGUMENT IS MOOT. If that goes to a 1.70or better IT IS OVER, idiot.

4. 1fast400 has gone 1.4 short times on the same tires I have yet you continue to spout this babble that nobody can make street tires hook better than your god drivers. I have already beat them in short time. I don't need a 130 trap to turn a ten with a 1.6-1.7 short time. GET IT?

5. The reason none of your GOD drivers can get a viper in the 10's is because they can't get the short time down which I have already done better than ANYONE including Furman and I am not done yet. So much for your pro drivers and there 1000's of passes. I have a total of about 50 since starting this mission and have already wiped their asses in short time and taken my e.t. from 11.60's to 11.30's in the same poor weather. Your guys run hundreds of passes and still can't improve. Boy that is impressive.

6. Lastly, only YOU have a ******* for E Town. None of the rest of us subscribe to your assessment of it being the king of all tracks, including 1fast400 who has owned a track and driven at more than 200 around the country. I would run MIR long before e town. The fact that none of your god drivers can get a record done there tells me the exact opposite of your assessment.

Stick to jacking off Evan Smith in your free time and stay out of my thread. I am not out to run a ten to prove anything to you. I could care less. I am out to do it for the dozens of Viper owners who genuinely want to see what is needed to get their cars there and to prove it to myself. And considering I already have two records - one for a stock gen III and now one for the Gen III with my level of modifications (both of which you and others said couldn't be done), I have already proven what I can do behind the wheel on street tires unlike your GOD drivers in a Viper (furman exempted).

I will look forward next to burying your girlfriend Smith's best of 11.2 (after hundreds of passes and 132 trap) with my lowly Gen III making 80HP less to the wheels and 1 tenth the practice on my way to the 10's as the weather cools.

I am ordering heads for my car to bring it up to GEN IV power levels all though I don't think I need it. Then when the cool weather comes and with some more practice on my short time, it will happen. A Gen III with bolt ons will run a 10 on street tires. Count on it. The best part of that will be never having to listen to your vomit on the forum anymore. Get lost and get a life.

P.S. Thanks Nineball for pointing out the terrible downside of running a 10 in my viper - 1badgts swinging off my balls for eternity - luckily I care more about you guys than him and will make the sacrafice. Lol.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, I have been gone a couple days and I see 1badgts is up to his same old crap. Will somebody please eject this guy from the forum. Buddy, you wouldn't know a fact and logical argument if it kicked you in the balls (if you have any).

You must be registered for see images attach

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Why in the hell would I go to all the time, expense and trouble to go 1300 miles to drive 10's at E town when I have a sea level track right here? Jesus, you are learning impaired. Moreover, why anyone would believe you would pay for anything is beyond me. You are 24 karat blow hard that couldn't drag race his way out of a paper bag. Plus I would actually have to see you which would only bring me nausea.

2. You continue to make 3 arguments that I (and others) have definitively proven false and that the whole world can recognize but you. They are:

1. That when a gen 3 or 4 makes the horsepower to go 10's it never will because of traction on street tires. This is purported because your idol drivers couldn't do it. I HAVE ALREADY RUN FASTER 60 FOOT TIMES WITH MORE HORSEPOWER THAN YOU SAY IS POSSIBLE AND THAT ANY OF YOUR GOD DRIVERS HAVE DONE. E.T. is a function of 60 foot time and trap speed (among other things). If 60 foot goes down an trap gos up the number comes down it is that simple. Furman went 10.92 with a 1.76. I have already run a 1.74 and will better that believe me and I only need a 10.99. ONLY WEATHER IS THE VARIABLE I NEED TO IMPROVE. Ray W. WENT A 1.74 - AGAIN, FASTER THAN ANY OF YOUR BED BUDDYS.

2. Likewise you say "550 horsepower to the wheels and pilots" won't work because of traction. Again, I have destroyed this argument running nearly 125 which is 530 to wheels in my car already with a 1.74 short time. In good DA weather it will be 560-570 and 127 or 128.

3. You apparently didnt even pass algebra in high school as the rudimentaries of DA and e.t. and trap speed are beyond your comprehension. Furmans 10.92 on his negative 915 DA day converts to an 11.26 @ 126 in the 1500 foot DA I was running in where I ran 11.36 at 124.3 and Ray ran 11.28 @ 125. This is nearly exactly equivalent to Furman's time. If I add on 7 hundreths to run a 10.99 instead of his 10.92 I am already there in the weather he had. Moreover, I ran a better short time than he did SO YOUR TRACTION ARGUMENT IS MOOT. If that goes to a 1.70or better IT IS OVER, idiot.

4. 1fast400 has gone 1.4 short times on the same tires I have yet you continue to spout this babble that nobody can make street tires hook better than your god drivers. I have already beat them in short time. I don't need a 130 trap to turn a ten with a 1.6-1.7 short time. GET IT?

5. The reason none of your GOD drivers can get a viper in the 10's is because they can't get the short time down which I have already done better than ANYONE including Furman and I am not done yet. So much for your pro drivers and there 1000's of passes. I have a total of about 50 since starting this mission and have already wiped their asses in short time and taken my e.t. from 11.60's to 11.30's in the same poor weather. Your guys run hundreds of passes and still can't improve. Boy that is impressive.

6. Lastly, only YOU have a ******* for E Town. None of the rest of us subscribe to your assessment of it being the king of all tracks, including 1fast400 who has owned a track and driven at more than 200 around the country. I would run MIR long before e town. The fact that none of your god drivers can get a record done there tells me the exact opposite of your assessment.

Stick to jacking off Evan Smith in your free time and stay out of my thread. I am not out to run a ten to prove anything to you. I could care less. I am out to do it for the dozens of Viper owners who genuinely want to see what is needed to get their cars there and to prove it to myself. And considering I already have two records - one for a stock gen III and now one for the Gen III with my level of modifications (both of which you and others said couldn't be done), I have already proven what I can do behind the wheel on street tires unlike your GOD drivers in a Viper (furman exempted).

I will look forward next to burying your girlfriend Smith's best of 11.2 (after hundreds of passes and 132 trap) with my lowly Gen III making 80HP less to the wheels and 1 tenth the practice on my way to the 10's as the weather cools.

I am ordering heads for my car to bring it up to GEN IV power levels all though I don't think I need it. Then when the cool weather comes and with some more practice on my short time, it will happen. A Gen III with bolt ons will run a 10 on street tires. Count on it. The best part of that will be never having to listen to your vomit on the forum anymore. Get lost and get a life.

P.S. Thanks Nineball for pointing out the terrible downside of running a 10 in my viper - 1badgts swinging off my balls for eternity - luckily I care more about you guys than him and will make the sacrafice. Lol.
Your flat out dreaming no GEN 3 with minor bolt on on any track min the world is going to trap in the high 120s cplease my Gen 4 in a 600 foot da trapped in the high 120s .Iam GOING TO DO THIS AND THAT IS ALL I HEAR .Have you got that 10 second run ANSWER no no no no

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Once again, from Jamie Furman himself.

1BADGTS, please refute EVERYTHING that Jamie Furman has stated here. He's basically saying the same thing we are saying. It doesn't take any genius to see that the weather and private track rental are the biggest factors in his 10sec. pass...and if similar conditions exist, it WILL happen.
You referring to JAMIE AND I talking about EVAN driving MY . car.(THAT CAR BEING A GEN 4 ).ALSO if you were to EXPLORE further YOU WOULD SEE that JAMIE has stated that the 10.9 he ran (GEN 4 )the car was absolutey tapped out.These runs were conducted by Jamie and Evan (Bacically HOLD EVERY stock production tire record out there )

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your flat out dreaming no GEN 3 with minor bolt on on any track min the world is going to trap in the high 120s cplease my Gen 4 in a 600 foot da trapped in the high 120s .Iam GOING TO DO THIS AND THAT IS ALL I HEAR .Have you got that 10 second run ANSWER no no no no

Are you ********? How many times can you skip over someone's statements and questions, that shatter the bull $hit spewing from your mouth. Are you a politician or something? Furman's runs were a result of good track prep and weather (imagine that, we've ALL said that). Speedfreak has ran a faster 60' than what you claim is possible, on street tires. Just log off VIPER club, and never return. :rolleyes:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

actually if he ran a 124.2 trappin 85 degree weather at near 1500 Density Altitude..

Then at English town on one of those negative 1000 days he can defiently be in the 126-127 range.

2500 foot differance is a LOT...Not to mention the 60 degtree air kooling his car down after every run verses the 85 degree ai he was just running in..

I think 1BADGTS is just a lil salty because that 11.3 is darn close to the 11.2 his old GTS was capable of
NO WAY in hell seen a thousand Runs by GEN 3 (bolt on at E-Town )in negit DAS never near that mph

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you ********? How many times can you skip over someone's statements and questions, that shatter the bull $hit spewing from your mouth. Are you a politician or something? Furman's runs were a result of good track prep and weather (imagine that, we've ALL said that). Speedfreak has ran a faster 60' than what you claim is possible, on street tires. Just log off VIPER club, and never return. :rolleyes:
Then where is speedfreak 10 second slip.Repeat its NEVER EVER BEEN DONE.JAMIE IS ONE OF THE BEST DRIVERS IN THE WORLD DRIVING A VIPER 100 HP MORE THAN A GEN 3 WITH BOLT ON AND HE DID IT ONE TIME.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the time Evan Smith ran is excellent for the conditions but is far from any kind of real world record although it might be a publication record? I have seen many, many passes in a stock Z06 beat that et and expect to see other vipers do it as well if they haven't already. The facts are I did run a 10.98 in a bone stock Z06 on runflats and several 10 second runs in the same car the same day with drag radials, there were witnesses and video to prove it as well as being signed off by the track owner of Maryland International Raceway and the car has run many vette events with Ranger and others who have looked the car over and had equal success with the Z06. That being said I do believe without the weather, (40degrees) I was racing in and it being a track rental with excellent traction that 10's on runflats would of been possible and even with DR's would of been tough to go 10's. I recently took the car out on a hot afternoon (86degrees) and raced at a track that was not prepped as well with Ranger as a matter of fact and both cars ran slow times imo, 11.6's and 11.7's most runs, with mph down condsiderbaly (124) in the heat and although I was able to run the best et that afternoon it was only an 11.42 at 125mph as the heat majorly drained hp. Its my opinion that the times and mph that Evan Smith ran in the Viper would lead me to believe the Viper is quicker and faster than the Z06 in similar conditions especially considering the high mph he ran.

You referring to JAMIE AND I talking about EVAN driving MY . car.(THAT CAR BEING A GEN 4 ).ALSO if you were to EXPLORE further YOU WOULD SEE that JAMIE has stated that the 10.9 he ran (GEN 4 )the car was absolutey tapped out.These runs were conducted by Jamie and Evan (Bacically HOLD EVERY stock production tire record out there )

*** are you talking about...are you ********? He's talking about his 10 sec pass in his Z06, and how the weather and track prep are HUGE factors in a 10 sec pass. Basically, if a good driver wanted to rent a track when it was 40F and VHT the hell out of the track, they would would run a 10 sec pass on street tires with their Viper. JAMIE FURMAN RAN an 11.7 in the same car, in bad weather, making a best of 11.42. so we have a 0.46 difference just due to weather and track prep. Your stupidity is really starting to pi$$ me off. :rolleyes:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Then where is speedfreak 10 second slip.Repeat its NEVER EVER BEEN DONE.JAMIE IS ONE OF THE BEST DRIVERS IN THE WORLD DRIVING A VIPER 100 HP MORE THAN A GEN 3 WITH BOLT ON AND HE DID IT ONE TIME.

HE'S WAITING FOR GOOD WEATHER. How many times does he have to tell you that? Will you promise to log off of Viperclub for the rest of your life if he runs a 10.99999999999? That would almost make it all worthwhile.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ps also the Viper your referring to won 5 years straight Mopar Nation Titles in the Modded Viper Division (was purchased from me by the president of the Viper club of America )to compare that car (40 thousand dollar motor in it )with ypour Gen 3 with bolt on s shows how much of a jke you are.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HE'S WAITING FOR GOOD WEATHER. How many times does he have to tell you that? Will you promise to log off of Viperclub for the rest of your life if he runs a 10.99999999999? That would almost make it all worthwhile.
lol so in the 10 years the Gen 3 have been out you dont think any other guys raced them in good weather .An 11.3 is a long long long long way from a 10 second pass .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

*** are you talking about...are you ********? He's talking about his 10 sec pass in his Z06, and how the weather and track prep are HUGE factors in a 10 sec pass. Basically, if a good driver wanted to rent a track when it was 40F and VHT the hell out of the track, they would would run a 10 sec pass on street tires with their Viper. JAMIE FURMAN RAN an 11.7 in the same car, in bad weather, making a best of 11.42. so we have a 0.46 difference just due to weather and track prep. Your stupidity is really starting to pi$$ me off. :rolleyes:
Hello I HAVE RACED WITH JAMIE for years. A stock Z06 eats a Gen 3 for lunch and Jamie barely ran 10s in his Z06.Also Evan Smith ran my Gen 4 in a 600 foot da on a PRIVATE TRACK RENTAL AT Englishtown and ran an 11.3 at 129.7 PLEASE MY CARS HAVE BEEN RACED since 1995 in private rentals at o DA your talking about crap you no nothing about.If Evan Smith could not get my Gen 4 in the 10s in a 600 foot DA how the hell is this guy going to get a car with 100 hp lessin the 10s

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol so in the 10 years the Gen 3 have been out you dont think any other guys raced them in good weather .An 11.3 is a long long long long way from a 10 second pass .

Who really cares enough to try on stock tires? For the very few Viper owners that drag race their cars, most use drag radials or slicks. Most people who drag race on street tires are looking for a safe venue to open it up. I doubt there are that many "serious" drag racers looking to shatter a stock tire record for a viper :rolleyes:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hello I HAVE RACED WITH JAMIE for years. A stock Z06 eats a Gen 3 for lunch and Jamie barely ran 10s in his Z06.Also Evan Smith ran my Gen 4 in a 600 foot da on a PRIVATE TRACK RENTAL AT Englishtown and ran an 11.3 at 129.7 PLEASE MY CARS HAVE BEEN RACED since 1995 in private rentals at o DA your talking about crap you no nothing about.If Evan Smith could not get my Gen 4 in the 10s in a 600 foot DA how the hell is this guy going to get a car with 100 hp lessin the 10s

No one is racing a stock Gen 3 and looking to get a 10 on street tires. Speedfreak has a modified Gen 3 that is running similar times to Jamie Furman's Z06 (in bad weather), that also ran a 10.9x in perfect conditions.

I have personal experience drag racing my car, not handing the keys to someone so I can forever be in awe of their awesomeness. In crappy conditions (3000 DA), I ran an 11.46 with a 2.x 60'... pretty damn close to your hero's 11.3 @ 129mph in 600 DA (and I'm sure he had a better 60' than me). Jamie in his Z06 went 11.42 as seen in my post above, and I'm sure he had better than a 2.0 60'.

Also, did you miss the part that Speedfreak had a better 60' than your HERO!! (Do you see how annoying all the capital letters are?)

I found a pic of 1BADGTS:

You must be registered for see images

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who really cares enough to try on stock tires? For the very few Viper owners that drag race their cars, most use drag radials or slicks. Most people who drag race on street tires are looking for a safe venue to open it up. I doubt there are that many "serious" drag racers looking to shatter a stock tire record for a viper :rolleyes:
THATS NOT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD In this thread we have a guy who thinks because he ran a 11.3 he can run a 10.That same guy is comparing a Gen 3 with bolt ons to a Gen 2 who motor was built at almost cost is no object territory (i know i spent 40 k in 96 on it ).That car NEVER lost a race on street tires to another NA VIPER in 5 years of competition and was bought by the then pres of this club.If you dont believe me shoot Joe Houss an e mail and ask him how my old Gen 2 would do in a race against a Gen 3 with bolt ons .That Gen 2 NEVER RAN 10S.(11.2 AR NEAR 132 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R