'08 verts, both Bright Blue, 4100 miles vs 5300 miles (price/value diff)?

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on what 1200 miles does to difference in the value of those 2 cars? All options are identical as well. And for argument sake, let's say condition and any other factor is exact same.

Perhaps it is a "is there a big drop in value/price when car hits 5000 mile mark?

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well one is mine - 4100 miles at present - I am gonna sell sometime, but was hoping not to right now - though economy could force anything. Was your car a Bright Blue one and if so, how many miles and I assume near perfect condition?

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Essentially their should be not much of a difference although the lower mileage car deservingly should price a tiny bit higher! What will differ the pricing is the in service date, with the crazy build/ship/sell dates of a same model year car one could easily have an in service date that is a year or more later which with all other things being equal gives that car more value due to age and warranty time left. My .02!!:2tu:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say your theory is correct about 5K miles being a price change amount but, but, only on the extremely collectible vipers like a 97 B&W RT10 or a GT2 etc, then the 5K mile mark is significant and can be a $5-$10K price changer, on a recent, "non-collectible" car, probably no difference at all

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also believe that if you know the history of the car, do you know the owner, was it well taken care of, maintenance, was it raced, drove hard, garage kept,drove on dirt roads, drove in rain lots, parked any ole place with scratches from doors hitting it? Rare for a 5000 mi VIPER owner to not be aware of all these things but who knows?

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go on Edmund's.com and play with the mileage numbers and see how they look at it.If you are not aware of Edmund's, they are like a Kelly blue book. When seeking an appraisal of your car, they take into consideration mileage.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well one is mine - 4100 miles at present - I am gonna sell sometime, but was hoping not to right now - though economy could force anything. Was your car a Bright Blue one and if so, how many miles and I assume near perfect condition?

Yep, Bright blue with white stripes. 6000 miles. Had a clear bra, MGW stuff and carbon fibre center console.

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys ... for all of your input. Just HAD seemed to me apples to apples (if the case, or the same car) that 5000 miles was some kind of major mark in terms of low mileager cars. Perhaps NOT with a car like an '08.

Bottom line for me is: WOULD ANYONE ASSESS IT AS A $1000 DIFFERENCE?

Last edited: