Reaction score
They modified everything but the engine.....:dunno:

They also built a Camaro SSX..

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much hatred on this site for Corvettes. You guys definitely do a good job at earning the snob reputation that Viper owners are often stereotyped into.

I saw this Z06-X in person last week at SEMA, it was stunning. I'd track one in a heartbeat. If they make a ZR1-X, some of you might have something else to complain about. LOL

Tony

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much hatred on this site for Corvettes. You guys definitely do a good job at earning the snob reputation that Viper owners are often stereotyped into.

I saw this Z06-X in person last week at SEMA, it was stunning. I'd track one in a heartbeat. If they make a ZR1-X, some of you might have something else to complain about. LOL

Tony

Who's hating on the Corvette? I'd track one too, it's just funny how they didn't even come up with a unique nomenclature or paint scheme for it. I'm knocking GM, not the car.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got to say Tony I think you jumped the gun on this one. OP didn't say anything about the Corvette just that this is a blatant copy of an idea and even the name of a car.

I know you own a corvette but you seem to police these posts about corvettes pretty quickly. This is a Viper specific site so you have to expect it no? :D

Tony

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I saw one today as my girlfriend launched tupperwear through the upper bedroom window in a heated rage

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony

I too saw the Vette "X" and the Camaro version at SEMA....but really, GM couldn't come up with any other name?? The car looks great and I'm sure it will be a track monster but this is more about GM not being able to think of anything on their own.

If GM had any balls at all (and marketing sense), they would promote the Z06-X to compete against the ACR-X in their own race series.....but that would require a forward thinking company, wouldn't it? :smirk:

My guess is the X will stay a concept car and will be sold in 3 years at a Barrett-Jackson auction for $45K when GM is trying to raise more money by selling off museum pieces.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much hatred on this site for Corvettes.

They were a huge disappointment for two decades, it's only since the Z06 that they've gained any respectability outside of their own clique. And even with that performance I still come away uninspired. Same ol' 350, same ol' feel, same ol' conservative styling. But what can a guy expect from a car designed by accountants for the past 40 years.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got to say Tony I think you jumped the gun on this one. OP didn't say anything about the Corvette just that this is a blatant copy of an idea and even the name of a car.

I know you own a corvette but you seem to police these posts about corvettes pretty quickly. This is a Viper specific site so you have to expect it no? :D

You must not have clicked the link. I see it as highly arrogant to think that the Viper was the first car with "X" in the name. ACR-X was not the first car with that moniker.

Honda had this concept in 1984, which evolved into the NS-X:
Pininfarina | Pininfarina Models

Then there is the Acura RS-X, and others. "X" has always been somewhat of a sporty/track version of vehicles, Dodge didn't create this idea. Now, had they called the Corvette an "ACR", then yes I'd say that would be highly stupid. LOL!

Also, the Corvette is a matte metallic white, not anything like what is used on any Viper. Looks very nice in person. With as many colors the Viper came in, saying the Corvette copied the paint job of a Viper just sounds silly. It could have been any color and someone could say the same thing.

Yes, this is a Viper site, but you rarely find people on the Corvette sites bashing Vipers. At least not to the level of participation found here.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? It has nothing to do with an X being first or not from Dodge. You get way to defensive about corvettes on a Viper site. I could understand if this was a general enthusiast site and in a viper section. This is a viper site. I frequent the boards enough to see Corvette owners bash all kinds of other brands even if it is not directed at the Viper. People are people and they will all have brand loyalty to what they own and to the dedicated forums for which support their choice. I do not bash corvettes as I have a tremendous respect for them just don't understand your policeing of the vette comments on a dedicated viper site. Sorry

Further GM really produced this concept why? Maybe the success of the ACR and the X? Maybe not, obviously I don't know for fact.

Did Dodge copy the X moniker? Who knows not the point. Fact is the ACR X has obviously had some influence on Chevy as well as others. As far as hatred a certain GM exec has been quoted in his direct intention to kill Viper.

You must not have clicked the link. I see it as highly arrogant to think that the Viper was the first car with "X" in the name. ACR-X was not the first car with that moniker.

Honda had this concept in 1984, which evolved into the NS-X:
Pininfarina | Pininfarina Models

Then there is the Acura RS-X, and others. "X" has always been somewhat of a sporty/track version of vehicles, Dodge didn't create this idea. Now, had they called the Corvette an "ACR", then yes I'd say that would be highly stupid. LOL!

Also, the Corvette is a matte metallic white, not anything like what is used on any Viper. Looks very nice in person. With as many colors the Viper came in, saying the Corvette copied the paint job of a Viper just sounds silly. It could have been any color and someone could say the same thing.

Yes, this is a Viper site, but you rarely find people on the Corvette sites bashing Vipers. At least not to the level of participation found here.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, all bashing aside I think it's great that GM dangled these two factory built tracker concepts of their two most recognizable models to their fans, even if it is after Dodge, Ford, Porsche, Ferrari and BMW have already done it with their sportscar models.