Tail of the Dragon 11/13/10

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Met up with Sal and some of his Knoxville buddies for few runs on the dragon yesterday. We had quite a few good runs and it was actually not very crowded, which was surprising considering the beautiful weather. I took a few pics with my phone, but I think Sal took some better ones with a real camera.
The cop didn't manage to get any of us, but we rolled up on an unlucky BMW rider getting busted.

Last edited:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dragon is done!, IMO... The cops are serious and relentless on Rt. 129 these days.

(Have a look at TN. Rt. 66..... for your sport drivin' pleasure.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luckily, he was the only one out there, so he really wasn't that hard to avoid. He basically sat in one spot most of the day. I think the number of cops depends on how crowded it is out there. Plus, I hear if you get out there early in the morning, they aren't there yet. I know this guy didn't show up until around 1 or 2.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rt. 129 .... The area is known and well covered by the cops these days! It was well known as a biker spot a decade or two ago but has also become known as a fun, recreational road course... !!

The Pigs pick-up way too many bikers who lost their way.. and way too many sport car nutz who love the twisties.

Lots of good roads elsewhere...

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rt. 129 .... The area is known and well covered by the cops these days! It was well known as a biker spot a decade or two ago but has also become known as a fun, recreational road course as well... !!

The Pigs pick-up way too many bikers who lost their way.. and way too many sport car nutz who love the twisties.

Lots of good roads elsewhere...

Yeah, I agree, the bikers should find other roads. The sport bikes I drive behind always seem to slow me up and never get out of my way.....................:D:D:D

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few bikers/Dragon riders who'd shame most viper drivers...

That road will find the fools.

Just sayin'..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets