ASD Fuse Blown at Laguna Today

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On track today half way thru and ASD Fuse #2 blew and went into limp mode. Replaced and blew imeadiately. What is the ASD do and any clues where to look for a bad device, sensor or short??

Thanks!!!

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ASD usually stands for automatic shut down, It's what shuts down the fuel pump in an emergency situation, accident etc.

I am not aware though that there is a fuse just for that. Basic electric, if your blowing fuses you either got a short or a device drawing to much current. (which is usually shorted on the inside)

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do not put a larger fuse in it. Do you have headers? Some manufactures run o2 wires along side the exaust that melt and short out. Take the heat shields off and inspect your secondary o2 wires.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not put a larger fuse in it. Do you have headers? Some manufactures run o2 wires along side the exaust that melt and short out. Take the heat shields off and inspect your secondary o2 wires.

What he said. Happens alot! Fixed many.:2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen-1/2/3 have a single ASD fuse, Gen-4 has two. The ASD supplies power to coils, injectors, transmission solenoids, front O2 heaters, etc.

The O2 wiring is generally the cause of that problem in that scenario.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 05 and at Mid-Ohio when I pulled back into the pits and stopped the fuse must have blown. Didn't find out until I went to restart the car and missed my next session out. After scrambling to figure it out I came accross two things. First my battery post was loose and two the fuse had blown.The loose battery terminal must have tripped something when stopped and blew the fuse. Anyway replaced the fuse and tightened the terminal and have had many many many miles/hrs of track days since. Hope your problem is as simple as mine was. :2tu:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The symptoms for those that have not experienced this:

When you hit the start button - the starter will not turn. Almost acts like when you try to start without depressing in the clutch. You will still have power/lights/etc - but everything will go blank when you hit the start button.

Mine blew when I was teaching my son how to drive a manual transmission for the first time. He was doing well - but had one hard "kill" that blew the fuse.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was the rear O2 on passenger side as found from all your help! Thanks Guys! Still bummed I missed my last session and a half on track however at tleast the problem is a minor one!

THANKS AGAIN!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets