I need some TPMS help

cobramike33

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a 05' that had the factory wheels and swapped to the newer fat 5 spoke wheels & another set of correct TPMS sensors. Got them installed and drove 2 days, 50 miles, with no lo tire light. It turned on despite pressure being at 40psi so I lowered to 30psi. Tried the unhook battery for awhile trick and it worked for about 5 miles. I have a TMPS activation tool that seems to think each sensor is working. ANY ideas?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What light?
When mine comes on it says low tire in my odometer area. It flashes back and forth between that and door unlocked. It's not a separate dummy light that comes on.
Mine isn't acting up, but I always like to know how to avoid things if they pop up.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed all new TPMS on my car and I had to program all of them with the Chrysler scan tool and I also had to reprogram the computer for the TPMS to shut my light off. Give me your email and I can scan the procedure out of the service manual for you.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will need to use a DRB III scan tool to reset the TPMS on your Viper.
Then the dealer needs to do it. Last I checked a DRBIII was quite expensive.

OP
OP
C

cobramike33

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks quicksrt for the email and steve for the link. Its looking like DRB III is the ticket. I have an aftermarket TPMS reset tool at work (forget brand) and seems to be failing like in that other fellows thread.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I change my wheels, but transfer the TPMS sensors from my current wheels to the new ones, will I need to reprogram them? It seems like they would still be set up to work with the car since they're the same sensors.:dunno:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then put a piece of black tape over it.
What Chuck says is just playing on you although he is right. This subject was brought up before and its ashame the newer Gens (like mine) have this waisted weight and cost device TPMS. Government standards crap. Like Chuck said on the last posting, a Viper owner should be checking his tires frequently via a pressure guage (thats accurate) to make sure all tires are where they are supposed to be. Most Dodge dealers have a device that plugs into your port which will re-set the annoying light. Another item I miss about my older Gen.