Viper resurrection - detnews

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far, they only showed a concept car. We all know it is a very long road from concept to actual production...if at all.

I'll believe it when I see it in the dealers.:eater:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are so wrong! This company screws customers and Dealers!! :mad: If you have been treated fairly, then you are one of the few!! Ralphy is just window dressing!! Sooner they go out the better everyone will be!!

Some of us don't forget Wizard..........

I can't believe that a dealership in place for close to 100 years was placed on the block. Unbelievable.

They could make things right at the drop of a hat. Literally.....with the stroke of a pen.

They continue to refuse to do it. It's Bull....

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Some of us don't forget Wizard..........

I can't believe that a dealership in place for close to 100 years was placed on the block. Unbelievable.

They could make things right at the drop of a hat. Literally.....with the stroke of a pen.

They continue to refuse to do it. It's Bull....

correct.. Why did they have to go through all that with Chuck ?

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Ralph, Dick, Herb, and all the SRT and CAAP people have done a GREAT JOB of making the Viper a living legend. Not to mention all the hard work the VCA board, VCA members, vendors, and dealers do everyday to make sure that the Viper legacy is alive and well.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Part of that means doing away with the snake's iconic long hood in favor of a design with a little more balance."

From what I remember...the hood still seemed pretty long to me. :)

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Part of that means doing away with the snake's iconic long hood in favor of a design with a little more balance."

From what I remember...the hood still seemed pretty long to me. :)

The hood seemed long to me too.:2tu:

If I want trunk space I'll drive my Town Car.:rolaugh:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Fiat driving this company, and their strategy for re-establishing the Fiat (Alfa?) brand here in the U.S., I do not put much stock in the publicity currently out on the next Viper.

All these articles talking about the next Viper and quoting the 2012 target date are just that - Talking! They can only quote what they are being told by Chrysler PR.

I reserve judgement about Fiats ultimate objective and how it impacts Viper, until I actually see one!

Just my opinion!:eater:

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Fiat driving this company, and their strategy for re-establishing the Fiat (Alfa?) brand here in the U.S., I do not put much stock in the publicity currently out on the next Viper.

All these articles talking about the next Viper and quoting the 2012 target date are just that - Talking! They can only quote what they are being told by Chrysler PR.

I reserve judgement about Fiats ultimate objective and how it impacts Viper, until I actually see one!

Have a little faith!

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice way to stay positive and look forward to their future endeavors. The car will be made .....period. Will many like it? Have to wait and see. The members I know that saw it can't wait to order it. It's that good! Remember the glass is more than half full. The very first Viper for the Detroit show wasn't planned on going into production until 100's of people at that show were writing checks on the spot for it. The new 2013 has been approved to go into production, try to look forward to it since you own a viper. Why bash Chrysler if you drive one????????? If your that unhappy with the direction of the company sell your car so your not a hypocrite.
Ralph Gilles is more passionate about the Viper and the SRT line more than you will ever know. It was his idea to bring back the coupe and in a few years designed a street legal production race car that is record setting and outperforms 99% of all the supercars on tracks worldwide. His design accomplishments quickly surpassed beyond expectation what some of the most reputable automakers have been trying to do in over 30 years. He is a racer at heart and incapable of designing a Viper at a lower standard and or not continuing to make it at all. He is at the helm and put the 2013 into motion, have faith, no mutiny before the ship pulls in.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank your lucky stars that Fiat is running the company, because the main reason the Viper is still here is because of some crazy, passionate Italian who decided after viewing the ACR tool around Nurburgring, that this was one of the most incredible cars in the World.

The car continued , was taken off the blocks for sale , and was announced as an integral part of Chrysler by this same machinehead..............Sergio Marchione. Ralph has been like a pit bull chewing on his leg, but sources say the love for the Snake by Sergio is approaching a level many of us would understand. It will be built , it will be American muscle and I for one am ecstatic we have such a passionate group now leading this Company.

We have been passionless for years under Cerberus, and stoic with Daimler , who never was a true partner. Folks believe Fiat and Chrysler are partners, they are working together like friends, and it is bringing forth a rebirth to the Pentastar. Don't believe me , talk to friends who know folks still at Chrysler -- it is new , dynamic, and people really want to work there and love what they are doing.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Really? Then I suppose Ralph and the SRT crew were just talking when they went through great effort to present the GenV to VOI 11 attendees? It was certainly all talk, then, when they asked for input from a select few (including our own JIMMY!!!!) about seating, colors, shifting, etc. Obviously, his presence as well as the GenV, was nothing more than a PR stunt, according to you.

Ask Jimmy if he thinks the GenV is nothing more than a publicity stunt...he sat next to Ralph and his wife during dinner at VOI.

In essence, you're essentially calling Ralph a liar or am I reading your post incorrectly? :dunno: And you believe that Ralph and SRT crew are lying about the GenV, what do they gain from lying?

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank your lucky stars that Fiat is running the company, because the main reason the Viper is still here is because of some crazy, passionate Italian who decided after viewing the ACR tool around Nurburgring, that this was one of the most incredible cars in the World.

The car continued , was taken off the blocks for sale , and was announced as an integral part of Chrysler by this same machinehead..............Sergio Marchione. Ralph has been like a pit bull chewing on his leg, but sources say the love for the Snake by Sergio is approaching a level many of us would understand. It will be built , it will be American muscle and I for one am ecstatic we have such a passionate group now leading this Company.

We have been passionless for years under Cerberus, and stoic with Daimler , who never was a true partner. Folks believe Fiat and Chrysler are partners, they are working together like friends, and it is bringing forth a rebirth to the Pentastar. Don't believe me , talk to friends who know folks still at Chrysler -- it is new , dynamic, and people really want to work there and love what they are doing.
:2tu: :usa2: :italy:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait.
If it's as good as they say I know at least two guys that will buy one..as long as it isn't too much more than current ACR prices.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, not trying to ruffle feathers! I love my Viper and Viper in general, so I would like to see Viper continue. At this point, I am skeptical..not calling anyone a liar. Ralph Giles' paycheck still comes from the company owned by Fiat, so just pointing out the possibilities, that's all.

And, just because I may not like what Fiat/Chrysler does in terms of decisions has nothing to do with me owning or not owning a Viper. If you don't like what the President does, are you moving out of the country?

Just my opinion!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, fiat and ralph have a lot to prove to viper owners. if they do, its going to be a HUGE home run.

if not it will be just as big of a hit, but negatively

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph Gilles is a person of great integrity. He is as passionate, if not more passionate, about the Viper than we are. If he says that there is going to be a 2013 Viper, you can take it to the bank. The idea that he is involved in a publicity stunt is not only absurd, it is insulting the person that was the field general in the battle to save the Viper. From all reports the Gen V mockup was a win. Since then, the design has been tweaked and finallized based on member input. Also, it is no secret that there have been powertrain test beds spotted running around Detroit.

I think that we as a group whose main function is to support the Viper and its proper uses and maintainence should do everything we can to support Ralph and the SRT Team creating our new beast.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I support Viper and have no issues doing so. My intent was just to express my skepticism, that's all. No insult intended to Ralph Gilles or anyone else involved with Viper over at Chrysler. I have heard this opinion expressed by others and was just putting it out there to hear what others (who know more) have to say.

Clearly my intent is not to p-ss anyone off and certainly not be attacked for being disloyal. I own the car, I love the car and have no intent to get rid of the car. That said, it has nothing to do with whether I believe there will be a Gen V.

That said, I will not express this opinion again on the site.

Thanks all!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem. Maybe I was a bit too strident in my response. Ralph is a friend.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I support Viper and have no issues doing so. My intent was just to express my skepticism, that's all. No insult intended to Ralph Gilles or anyone else involved with Viper over at Chrysler. I have heard this opinion expressed by others and was just putting it out there to hear what others (who know more) have to say.

Clearly my intent is not to p-ss anyone off and certainly not be attacked for being disloyal. I own the car, I love the car and have no intent to get rid of the car. That said, it has nothing to do with whether I believe there will be a Gen V.

That said, I will not express this opinion again on the site.

Thanks all!

that's how i read your original post, and your logic re: "then get rid of your car" is spot on :2tu:

audiowhiz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the new one.
The talk of it being in the 125 to 150k range is for sure enough to keep me from owning one for a while. :(

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand all the skepticism. Everyone was running scared during the '02 hiatus that the "03 Gen3 wasn't going to happen. Same thing happen during the '07 hiatus with the '08 Gen4.

We better be darn glad that FIAT stepped up to help. We would have nothing left. And if FIAT didn't want the Viper they sure as hell wouldn't have put the money forward to build the prototype.

Ralph, Dick, Herb, the VCA, SRT, and all the wonderful people that work at Chrysler are going to make this happen for US.

There is something different about MOPAR people. We are brand loyal true and true. We always get back up after we have been knocked down..... and that's been quite a few times.

LONG LIVE CHRYSLER!!!!

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As a Viper owner who purchased a 1992 Viper, today's scenario is similar in some ways. Remember the state of Chrysler in 1989 when they announced Viper was going into production? I'll need to wait one less year to get my 2012 Gen V Viper than my Gen 1. I'll park it next to my 1992 RT/10, 1996 GTS. I still have the letter Chrysler sent me in 1989 when they returned my deposit check. I waited in anticipation then and it won't hurt me to wait a couple of years now.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a Viper owner who purchased a 1992 Viper, today's scenario is similar in some ways. Remember the state of Chrysler in 1989 when they announced Viper was going into production? I'll need to wait one less year to get my 2012 Gen V Viper than my Gen 1. I'll park it next to my 1992 RT/10, 1996 GTS. I still have the letter Chrysler sent me in 1989 when they returned my deposit check. I waited in anticipation then and it won't hurt me to wait a couple of years now.

First quarter of 2012 is the target time frame for release. :) :2tu::headbang:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me that 2012 is the 20th Anniversary for the Viper so would be great to see the same number as the 1992 Vipers produced in a special 20th Anniversary model for 2012, then then the 2013s rolled out a few months right after that in the regular production runs. Would sure mke those 2012s special. Red with options chosen for you. Buy it one way in 2012 and that is it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456