2013 Viper

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a repost. This info is just coming out today...as far as the press is concerned. There are a couple other posts already today about this but from different sites.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100% with this comment thats below the story:

greenpony says:
10:08 AM, 12/ 1/10
One of the many things that made the Viper awesome was its exclusivity. It's not supposed to be "accessible to more people."

I don't want a Viper to be a car that you can toss the keys to your yard guy and say "here take it for a spin, you'll be fine".

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

greenpony says:
One of the many things that made the Viper awesome was its exclusivity. It's not supposed to be "accessible to more people."

I don't want a Viper to be a car that you can toss the keys to your yard guy and say "here take it for a spin, you'll be fine".

Ditto. I want people to be scared to get in it, never mind driving it. The .gov and all it's mandates ****.

OP
OP
G

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score

greenpony says:

Mega ditto. I hope they don't try to cheapen it to be in the class with corvette. :omg: :omg::nono:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not sure why they would state "less cabin rearward" when Mr Gilles just suggested:

... is very rearward and the hood is very long

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want the new Viper to be a more forgiving car to drive and accessible to more people. We've never had stability control on a high-performance car, which is about to happen on the new car."
Well, that's just trying to put a positive spin on something that the government is forcing on them anyway.

Not sure why they would state "less cabin rearward" when Mr Gilles just suggested:

... is very rearward and the hood is very long
Yep, I think they read his comments wrong, or misunderstood what he said.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually stated by Ralph, " Where the cabin is , relative to the wheels is unique. The Viper is very rearward and the hood is very long. Few cars in the industry are designed with those proportions anymore."

This statement alone is contrary to what this Edmunds article states. It is further noted in the Detroit News that the overlay of the 8C Alfa and the new Viper are not similar.

Lastly , those of us that saw the new Snake in Salt Lake will attribute a long snout to the beast with the rest of it coiled to strike. Yet the Edmunds article is already making it sound like an everyman's sports car because they misread one spot.

Now we all know how rumors start ,but ain't it fun, we will have writers paying attention to any developements and keep the excitement way up there.

Let's all take a breath and remember 5-7 years ago we were all told that future Vipers had to have traction control, stability management, side airbags, etc. The new car is just going to have the items done that we all forgot were coming.

I , for one, am thrilled that Fiat/Ferrari may be assisting with techinical data on the Viper's traction control. We have passion back in our midst and there should be a nice little on/off switch unlike the German systems we have now --- ve vill nott let u svitch ov das control kumpleteleee, az ve vantz to machen schure ve ar ultoomittlee in uberall Kontrollle, ja. Try to shut off the traction control in a 300 SRT8 --- never fully happens!!!:2tu:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually stated by Ralph, " Where the cabin is , relative to the wheels is unique. The Viper is very rearward and the hood is very long. Few cars in the industry are designed with those proportions anymore."

This statement alone is contrary to what this Edmunds article states. It is further noted in the Detroit News that the overlay of the 8C Alfa and the new Viper are not similar.

Lastly , those of us that saw the new Snake in Salt Lake will attribute a long snout to the beast with the rest of it coiled to strike. Yet the Edmunds article is already making it sound like an everyman's sports car because they misread one spot.

Now we all know how rumors start ,but ain't it fun, we will have writers paying attention to any developements and keep the excitement way up there.

Let's all take a breath and remember 5-7 years ago we were all told that future Vipers had to have traction control, stability management, side airbags, etc. The new car is just going to have the items done that we all forgot were coming.

I , for one, am thrilled that Fiat/Ferrari may be assisting with techinical data on the Viper's traction control. We have passion back in our midst and there should be a nice little on/off switch unlike the German systems we have now --- ve vill nott let u svitch ov das control kumpleteleee, az ve vantz to machen schure ve ar ultoomittlee in uberall Kontrollle, ja. Try to shut off the traction control in a 300 SRT8 --- never fully happens!!!:2tu:

It does if you hold that ESP button in for the full 7 seconds. :D

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm sure everyone over at SRT are foaming at the mouth to show it to us.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That car is ugly i wish they would have just kept things the way they where....

That "PHOTO-SHOP" product is a contest-winners rendition of a conjuring within his own mind. IT AINT A CAR, much less the Gen-5 mock-up we saw at SLC.

And what we saw at SLC is still a-changing..... Remember the driveable PVP SRT-Coupe they pushed into the ballroom at Dallas invitational #8 in 2004? By the time the 1st SRT-C was delivered (8/28/05) the rear was (thankfully) quite different.

P.S....what Bill P said.