How much is this Viper worth?

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been speaking with a seller from Nevada who has an 05 Copperhead for sale. 7,000 miles, garage kept, never tracked, light mods, etc... Hes had it listed for several months with an asking price of $49,500 but hasnt had much luck. I told him I was thinking more along the lines of $43,000-$45,000. Was that a low ball offer? How much should I bring it home for? Thanks!

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd leave your offer where it is. As you stated he's gotten no offers at $49,500 so let him counter your offer and go from there. It's worth what your willing to pay for it !!!!!

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a buyers market...it depends on if he is desperate to sell though. Keep talking and work it out somehwere you both are willing. Good luck!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Copperheads normally bring more than many other 2005s and there are good reasons for that;

1. Great color that pops brilliantly in the Sun
2. Perceived notion of " Limited Edition."
3. The first example of use of the highly popular " Sidewinder rims."

Not unusual for this car to go for 2-3K more than a regular 05, and since this one has under 10K , that also is a benefit. Frankly 45K is a good deal and it usually takes 2-4 months to sell a Viper, so again, this is still under normal parameters.

45K is a great buy, but I wouldn't hesitate to go a bit more if you are looking for this specific machine.

Good luck.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Copperhead IS the most desirable GenIII!!!! (No bias in that statement what so ever)

I told him I was thinking more along the lines of $43,000-$45,000. Was that a low ball offer?
I think you are right on. I wish 50k was where the price was at, and probably should be, but the fact is 43 - 45 is more realistic. I think there was a guy here that sold his for under 40, which gave me a heart attack!

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that, I wish I would have jumped on that one sooner but it was already sold! Thanks for your input guys, I will keep you updated.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
45 sounds high to me but is splitting the difference with the guy gonna kill you? i doubt it. $2.5K isnt going to make much difference if you drive the wheels off it next year and for the next X amount of years...buy it and enjoy it.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been speaking with a seller from Nevada who has an 05 Copperhead for sale. 7,000 miles, garage kept, never tracked, light mods, etc... Hes had it listed for several months with an asking price of $49,500 but hasnt had much luck. I told him I was thinking more along the lines of $43,000-$45,000. Was that a low ball offer? How much should I bring it home for? Thanks!

If the 'light mods' are items you would have purchsed anyway, they are a worthwhile bonus.

If the low miles means OE Run-Crap tires, figure to need $1200-1500 right away to be safe.

$45K sounds like a fair number, and a LOT of desirable, collectible car for that price.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Copperhead is a great color in person and really does grab your attention. I'd like to see it next to the new Toxic Orange.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and you won't be able to drive it for 2-3 months once you get it!! The price of Vipers aren't going uip when there is snow on the ground.

audiowhiz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love Copperhead Vipers :cool:

Your offer is reasonable. Meeting him somewhere in the middle would still be a good deal. Good luck.

NDSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Copperhead last March for 46K. It has 8000 miles and in excellent condition and 100% stock. I thought I got a good deal, so I think you are right in the ballpark. They shipped it to me from Tulsa to Phoenix for that price also using Reliable.
I would post a picture of it, but haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.

NDSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try this and see if I figured it out.

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

NDSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more try and then I give up. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

kevin922

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just paid $45500 for an 06 w/4800 miles... i'd say 49 is a bit high.

sssikvipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spend a couple of more bucks and get a Gen iv, less numbers and more hp

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Copperhead IS the most desirable GenIII!!!! (No bias in that statement what so ever)

I think you are right on. I wish 50k was where the price was at, and probably should be, but the fact is 43 - 45 is more realistic. I think there was a guy here that sold his for under 40, which gave me a heart attack!

I missed that one by 1 day. Timing is everything.

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why do owners want to undervalue Vipers? The less that they sell for the less all Vipers are. Ask top dollar and stick to it.

There is one pricing fact that most don't know. That is the selling price is more related to the asking price than ANY other factor.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need someone to check it out let me know. And regarding snow effecting the pricing, don't count on it. We don't have that problem over here:D

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick to $43,000 unless you plan on parking it. If you are like me collectibility doesn't mean much because either you will drive it or you will not be around long enough to see the cars value exceed what you will pay for it today. This is the time of year to buy and a lousy time to sell.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need someone to check it out let me know. And regarding snow effecting the pricing, don't count on it. We don't have that problem over here:D

You have a PM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick I am excited to hear that you are looking to join the club! There are plenty of deals to be had on a Viper these days. Just be sure you find the right one. Feel free to run any questions by me anytime. Good luck buddy!

You have a PM!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss