My New 2013 Viper!

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah...so much talk about the new Viper, I'll take what ever they come up with, especially seeing it will have ESC.

So-o, gave myself a Christmas present and stopped by my Dodge Dealer today, and put a purchase deposit on the 2013 at MSRP sight unseen. Colors, options, etc., etc., to be decided upon release for factory order.

Should look good along side my deposited, new designed all aluminum Mercedes 2012 SL class. See ya all in the fast lane ...carefully. :D

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Official Porsche Website - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

You might be better suited with one of these. ESC with Viper torque still won't make up for lack of driving skills.

Really? Why would I want a puny Porsche, after owning a Ferrari ....which also had ESC, and from my experience kicked in well before the torque exploded. As for the catch all, cure all 'driving skills' and all of its misaligned derivatives, this should have a thread of its own...maybe one of our more adventurous members will take it on some day. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, however the new Viper shall suit me well. The present one isn't too bad either.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should have invested the deposit money and let it grow and let it help pay for the new viper if it ever does come to pass.
I hope the dealership does not get it doors closed on them like what happend to Chuck Tator. you better go get your deposit back and just wait like the other dreamers.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should have invested the deposit money and let it grow and let it help pay for the new viper if it ever does come to pass.
I hope the dealership does not get it doors closed on them like what happend to Chuck Tator. you better go get your deposit back and just wait like the other dreamers.

I'm betting Ralph is not dreaming...so I put my money where my mouth is. ;)

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stopped by my Dodge Dealer today, and put a purchase deposit on the 2013 at MSRP sight unseen.
I wonder if your the first. Don't forget to post pics when you get it. :)

BPAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah...so much talk about the new Viper, I'll take what ever they come up with, especially seeing it will have ESC.

So-o, gave myself a Christmas present and stopped by my Dodge Dealer today, and put a purchase deposit on the 2013 at MSRP sight unseen. Colors, options, etc., etc., to be decided upon release for factory order.

Should look good along side my deposited, new designed all aluminum Mercedes 2012 SL class. See ya all in the fast lane ...carefully. :D

I'm sure you are already aware of this, but not all dealers will be allowed to stock and sell Vipers. They will only be available through "select" Dodge dealers.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys play nice. He might have got a great deal. My dealer ( who has sold me 4 ) gave me a contract for $500 over invoice on a sight unseen 2013 order for just a $50 deposit. I don't mind losing interest on $50 to beat my buddy on delivery. Lol.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree on all of this...........:eater:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing as there are no guarantees in life - ala dealer going under, Gen V never coming to pass, etc. - I agree with many of the comments above. What popped into my head was its almost the same as putting a deposit on the 2013 Delorean!!!:omg::omg:

Seriously, if you are h-ll bent on putting a deposit on one, then go to one of the top Viper dealers in the country...at least that way, you are assured of getting one...if there is one coming! Since money doesn't seem to be an issue, it shouldn't matter where you order your Viper.

I would go with Woodhouse or Tomball, to name a few!:headbang: If anyone is going to get one, I'd put my money on them!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like ferraritoviper has the $ to leave it laying around a few dealerships, in the form of deposits, on whatever cars he likes. I say good for him! i'ld probably do the same in his position.

"ESC kicked in before the torque exploded" What the F does that mean?! That's what your right foot and brain are for.

As far as ESC, I hated it in my Jaguar and every other car I've driven with it. I did however love the "off" button.

To each his own.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferraritoviper loves ESC. Here's his old thread from his 09 crash. I wouldn't put money on a car at least 2 years away but then my coffers aren't overflowing either. He can spend his money anyway he wants. I just hope there is no ESC in the next Viper.

BTW, my Ram's rear end was trying to meet the front on Sunday, and just like that I countersteered and got out of it. The roads were slick and cold, my truck bed was empty (unweighted) and I gassed it a little more than I should probably because the music was too loud and I couldn't hear the tires break traction. I came within 1 foot of the electricity pole and that's close for a 21' truck. Once again, no ESC, just quick hands. My son was grinning ear to ear.

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully this one will wear the original paint a little longer.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey if it only takes $50 for a deposit put me down for a 2013 as well... just need to make sure I win the lottery after that :smirk:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when he got his Viper. He was warned to be careful..and much like the other pro-nanny peeps, he got bit. Now he wants to force others to have ESC so he can enjoy a car he shouldn't be piloting in the first place.

I recommend getting your deposit back, and attending a good racing school. OR, you can follow my original suggestion:

Nissan Cars, Hybrid, Trucks, Crossovers, SUVs | Year-End Sales Event | Nissan USA
Automobili Lamborghini Holding Spa
Ferrari
Audi of America > Home

Lots of great options out there!!!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might me wrong, but I think by 2012 all cars have to have ESC in the US mandated by the Feds. There will be a off switch I hope:)

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when he got his Viper. He was warned to be careful..and much like the other pro-nanny peeps, he got bit. Now he wants to force others to have ESC so he can enjoy a car he shouldn't be piloting in the first place.

I recommend getting your deposit back, and attending a good racing school. OR, you can follow my original suggestion:

Nissan Cars, Hybrid, Trucks, Crossovers, SUVs | Year-End Sales Event | Nissan USA
Automobili Lamborghini Holding Spa
Ferrari
Audi of America > Home

Lots of great options out there!!!

Hm-m-m, my Grandmother used to say "empty barrels make the most noise"...especially ones with poor memories.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now he wants to force others to have ESC so he can enjoy a car he shouldn't be piloting in the first place.

Not only is that uncalled for, but it's false. How in heck can you possibly attribute a manufacturer's use of ESC to one unfortunate Viper owner? Why is F2V's order suggest that HE would want "to force others to have ESC"???

Get a grip, man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper