Poll--Stripe Colors

What color stripe do you prefer on this silver SRT-10?

• Red

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Green

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Purple

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Graphite

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Red/White combo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red/Black combo

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Orange

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna take a quick poll on stripe colors on a silver SRT-10. Thanks for participating. Thanks Austin for the pics!!!

silver_red1.jpg

ssgstripe.jpg

plumstripe.jpg

graphitestripe.jpg

1234no.jpg

12345f.jpg

orange4.jpg

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
silver_red.jpg

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black/red combo looks awesome. That is an Austin creation. If I do that to the car maybe I will have to find a way for him to sign it??? :)

Whatever color I go for I am going to paint the dash, brake calipers, and side & back emblems to tie it together. I hope a lot of people vote! :eater:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol @ signing it. How about the black/red driver stripe with red calipers, black emblems, '08 hood and center dash/console painted black with gauge surrounds painted red (similar look as the VooDoo and LS cars)? To top it off you could lower it and put on some black OZ racing wheels.

Go even further you say? Ok, how about all of the above with a Jeff Lemke hardtop and Henny rear spoiler?

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol @ signing it. How about the black/red driver stripe with red calipers, black emblems, '08 hood and center dash/console painted black with gauge surrounds painted red (similar look as the VooDoo and LS cars)? To top it off you could lower it and put on some black OZ racing wheels.

Go even further you say? Ok, how about all of the above with a Jeff Lemke hardtop and Henny rear spoiler?

All sounds great... I don't think wifey will let me put all that in the 2011 budget...:dunno: I am saving long-term to do the Street Serpent conversion, so the hood will be changed then.

I want to make it different for the next 2-4 years with some "not quite so expensive" changes. Also, with all these roll-over wrecks we have seen I want to put some real "roll-bars" on it this winter and those are not cheap. I'm also having my seat cushions adjusted by a local uphostery shop so they fit better. Now, if money were no issue we could have lots of fun dreaming up stuff!!! Twin-turbo!!!

Question: I think the Viper is the coolest car I have ever had and I have had many muscle & sports cars. The funny thing is this... If it is the coolest car, why do I (or many of us) want to modify it? I never did a lot of mods on my muscle & sports cars... Curious??? :confused:

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol @ signing it. How about the black/red driver stripe with red calipers, black emblems, '08 hood and center dash/console painted black with gauge surrounds painted red (similar look as the VooDoo and LS cars)? To top it off you could lower it and put on some black OZ racing wheels.[B[/B]

Dont forget the red pinstripe on the OZ

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First one that grabbed me was the red or what looked maroon to me. then the red/black.

its hard to argue with austin, he has great taste

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reverse VooDoo stripe (Black stripe outlined in Red) was the best suggestion I've heard to date. I would like to see a little Austin magic with that, as part of your poll. Then red calipers and DC's carbon fiber dash pieces.....done (for now) :smirk: For a little red inside, I like the VooDoo gauges, shift boot, and e-brake cover :2tu:

SR 27

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't like any of them. Paint the raised portion of the hood and run it over the roof and down the back. The single stripe on one side doesn't flow with the body lines. Looks like someone took a paint roller to the car.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reverse VooDoo stripe (Black stripe outlined in Red) was the best suggestion I've heard to date. I would like to see a little Austin magic with that, as part of your poll. Then red calipers and DC's carbon fiber dash pieces.....done (for now) :smirk: For a little red inside, I like the VooDoo gauges, shift boot, and e-brake cover :2tu:

Slithr, as far as the VooDoo gauges, shift boot, and e-brake cover can those be purchsed or would I have to have those custome done? Thanks!

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny... 170 views (take off about 20 due to me checking) and you have 150 views with 21 votes. That's as bad as overall voter turnout for a non-presidential political office election... Actually, that's like going to the polling place walking in and saying "Crap, there isn't anything worth voting on here." :lmao: I guess my idea sucked! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slithr, as far as the VooDoo gauges, shift boot, and e-brake cover can those be purchsed or would I have to have those custome done? Thanks!

George, I wish I knew the answer to that....might be a good JonB question? I hope they're available, as I was hoping to add a splash of red to the interior, of my red SRT/10. Maybe Viper Parts of America has some factory left-overs? Let us know what you find out.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe a lot of people like red and black, I think its one of the worst with red and white.

Out of those graphite looks the best, but none of them look amazing.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe a lot of people like red and black, I think its one of the worst with red and white.

Out of those graphite looks the best, but none of them look amazing.

Probably should have done one in blue, but we already know what a silver car with blue looks like as that has been a color combo for a long time. I am partial to the red or red/black right now and think it would look good with a few other red pieces on the car (dash, brakes, emblems). My son likes the green.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I am striping my car this winter (silver also) I have done some similar ideas. I just don't like one stripe on the silver. I don't know why. The slate gray would be the best of the above in my book. Im going with double stripes and tapering them like the comp coupe style but not as wide. Anyway if the above choices are what your set on and your looking for opnions mine would be 1. Gray and then 2. Black Red

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
...:dunno: I am saving long-term to do the Street Serpent conversion, so the hood will be changed then.
:confused:

Half joking - but half serious - maybe we should work out a trade ..... You liked my Kandy Red Serpent and I have been thinking about another project ...... and you wouldn't have to worry about a stripe color. Hmmmmmm :dunno:

IMG_7156.jpg

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the dual strip idea paul.

how about this though - what colors are you and your wifes birth stones?

maybe the colors of your srtripes could be something more meaningful?

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the dual strip idea paul.

how about this though - what colors are you and your wifes birth stones?

maybe the colors of your srtripes could be something more meaningful?

Italian... Mine is diamond and her's is emerald. The emerald would work--like SSG, but the diamond wouldn't...

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half joking - but half serious - maybe we should work out a trade ..... You liked my Kandy Red Serpent and I have been thinking about another project ...... and you wouldn't have to worry about a stripe color. Hmmmmmm :dunno:

IMG_7156.jpg

I would love your Serpent, but I am afraid the $$$ aren't there right now. That car is awesome looking!!! When did you have it done? How many miles? Got me thinking, but I don't think I could make it work to your satisfaction. Great idea!!! :)

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I am striping my car this winter (silver also) I have done some similar ideas. I just don't like one stripe on the silver. I don't know why. The slate gray would be the best of the above in my book. Im going with double stripes and tapering them like the comp coupe style but not as wide. Anyway if the above choices are what your set on and your looking for opnions mine would be 1. Gray and then 2. Black Red

Thanks Shandon. I really like the red/black. I want to add some color to the car and that is why I would like to have the red (or another bright color) in it. The graphite looks great--no doubt, but it just does not "pop" like I want. It is very classy--too much so for me I suppose! :D

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the orange looks "bad-ass" from the back:

Oragne_from_back.jpg

Spot on George :2tu:, I was the first of the orange votes. But then, I thought it might be a little "trendy" and it might wear out quick. That's when I changed my mind to same paint job (right side stripe), just the reverse of the VooDoo stripe, where the VooDoo is a silver stripe, on a black car, lightly highlighted with red striping, yours could be a black stripe on a silver car with same red highlights. That is also when I thought of the mild red accents (VooDoo gauges, shift boot, e-brake) to bring the red inside. Of course, too me this sounds good but I'm more of a visual guy and would want to see a mock-up prior to dropping the dollars. Tuff choice, Good Luck.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am going to do a new (finals type) poll with the 2 top vote getters along with 2 new colors that Austin did for me... Kandi-Red and GTS Blue. Both are awesome. Coming...

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but the single stripes shown are too narrow. I would prefer a wider stripe on graphite and my favorite would be dead center accentuating the scoop/bubblle.

Just my 2-cents.