Am I Normal?

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys...so after waiting for my dream car (1993 RT/10) since the first day i laid eyes on it (back in 1994 when i was 10 years old), i find myself more obsessed then prior to owning it, and i thought i was pretty obsessed prior to owning it.

i spent all weekend sitting in the garage, in -15 weather, staring at my car, and i got sick. my wife was upset, lol.

anyone else find this normal, or have any of their own stories?

i guess 17 years of waiting for this car is too much for my emotions to handle, haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...yeah...i thought i was sane to be honest...i guess its a passion we all share that a non Viper enthusiast will never, ever, understand.

she did give me the fact that it was "fun"...ill give her that, haha.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I peek into the garage every night to say goodnight. My wife thinks I'm checking to make sure the garage door is closed. bwah hah hah!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your really not normal- we are just being nice to you---nobody sits in thier garage and looks at thier car. ever---never--

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My first Viper was a '93 as well.....back in 93. I tucked it in every night. The good news is: After 17 years I still take an occasional peek in the garage, and say "WOW.... I own a Viper!"

{But I dont claim to be normal!}

Congrats

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys...so after waiting for my dream car (1993 RT/10) since the first day i laid eyes on it (back in 1994 when i was 10 years old), i find myself more obsessed then prior to owning it, and i thought i was pretty obsessed prior to owning it.

i spent all weekend sitting in the garage, in -15 weather, staring at my car, and i got sick. my wife was upset, lol.

anyone else find this normal, or have any of their own stories?

i guess 17 years of waiting for this car is too much for my emotions to handle, haha.

Ah, good ol' Viper passion. You'll find yourself wanting to buy other Dodge cars after awhile. I was outside in weather that measured in the teens with the wind-chill factor taking pictures of my car with the new hood on it. I still go peek at it at night in the garage and like JonB said, I just go "Wow....I own a Viper!"

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i spent all weekend sitting in the garage, in -15 weather, staring at my car
= Normal

Sleeping in the car = Normal too (lol)

my wife was upset
= Normal ;)

You'll find yourself wanting to buy other Dodge cars after awhile.
I find myself wanting to buy another Viper. I don't know why, I can only drive one at a time and have no intention of giving up my Copperhead. But I am becoming obsessed with getting a Black Mamba for some reason. lol

OP
OP
W

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well all these comments are making me feel "normal" lol...im hoping this weekend there is no snow or salt on the ground, and it is at 0, so i can take her out for a tiny stroll

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: oh noooo! dont do it in 0 weather!youll be one of those cold tire wrecked dudes!

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfectly normal, to me anyway, :•} when I get home from work and open the garage door I just stare at the work of art sitting in front of me, even peek out the garage door several times a day. Still blows me away that I own a Viper, look almost daily and think about which one to add as a stable mate.
Also think about places to go just so I can drive it. ( have a mustards obsession too but that's another story and why I weigh too much) Spent more time picking out my car then I did any women.

OP
OP
W

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spent more time picking out my car then I did any women.

Honestly man...that has to be one of the best quotes I have ever set eyes on. And don't worry bluesrt, I respect the power of the vehicle too much to end up like one of those showoff treewrappers, although I know it can bite anyone.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the temp is 45 to 50 then drive it carefully. No aggressive driving and you should be OK. At about 35 to 45 drive it like a granny. Under speed limit, slow down for turns, etc. If temps are under 30 then leave it in the garage and suffer.

That's with no snow or slippery conditions. that alters the picture a LOT! Remember, it's not just snow, ice, or even water. That loose sand they put down is deadly. and that is there long after the moisture clears.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my GTS last January... Same thing pretty much. I ran my heating bill up opening and closing the door between the garage and kitchen.

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sit in it and do the "vroom vroom" sound

did I just say this out loud?

got the car early August and didn't really enjoy it much before the white stuff started coming down :(

can't wait for spring to shine her up and take her for a spin

OP
OP
W

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just started her up this morning...nearly died from the carbon monoxide...had to open up both garage doors...what a wonderful morning

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of us are normal. I own 2 Vipers and would probably get a third but I have run out of garage space at the moment.
PAVenomRT/10

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I admit I am not normal...

I was a muscle car fanatic until I bought my first Viper about 4 years ago... I am on my 4th one now. I keep going up in model years. Each one has it's own interesting nuances. It's a sickness... The most fun sickness I have ever had. Enjoy and welcome!!! :drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave