Drivers Door Won't Open!!! HELP..

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today my drivers door would not open from the inside or outside. I can hear the solenoid in the dash clicking as I press either button. Removed the drivers door panel and found what appears to be corrosion around both electrical connectors on the door latch assembly itself. I priced one from Dodge, $550.00 and a weeks wait to get it! Does anyone know of an aftermarket company that sells the door latch assemblies? I've got mine on the kitchen table and I'm going to tear into it later tonight or this weekend to see if anything can be salvaged/repaired. Thanks in advance. Jeff. P.S. the door does release manually but it's no fun going through the passenger side to open her up. :mad:

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of your parts? I had a similar issue with mine, but it's working now. My button got stuck and would not allow it to push the inside button.

Why or going through the passenger side? Unless I misunderstood you?

OP
OP
M

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all windows are up I can't open the drivers door from the outside, I have to open the pax door, reach through and pull the manual release, unless you guys know an easier way, thanks. I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow, my son has a band concert tonight. :)