Chrysler states I do not own my car!!

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you!!!! Now that you own it you can drive it like you stole it :rolaugh:. This calls for a huge smokey celebratory burnout :2tu::headbang:.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am really happy that All's Well That Ends Well.........but what a horrific shame for all your stress and expenditures of time and legal fees. Damnnnn

There MUST be a take-away lesson in here for the average used car buyer, but what ?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to you!, but the real question is...................what about the regular Joe who doesn't have the cash to spend on an attorney. This is and was an awful story. I still don't and probably never will understand why the dealer you legally bought this car from didn't take care of this. A Mercedes Dealer at that, I'm speechless.

OP
OP
H

Harley561

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still don't and probably never will understand why the dealer you legally bought this car from didn't take care of this. A Mercedes Dealer at that, I'm speechless.

Once this became a mess, the dealer did finally offer to represent me in this however my attorney and I agreed that having them do so would not be the best approach.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that the State of Florida does protect the innocent buyer,contrary to other peoples opinions.

Nice of Autonation to offer help after it was too late. I am hopeful your attorney will pursue them for your damages. The costs to clear the title should not be on the buyer.

Mean while,bring that thing out to Trump's house with the club on the 13th.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the car will give you all the enjoyment you ever wished for, and this ordeal will become a thing of the past.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just read the story, congrats on the win.

but what a story it is! it sounds really stupid, I guess this only happens in America where anybody has lawyers and stuff. It just sounds insane to say you have to buy a brand new car to be sure you may keep it. I've never heard of anything more stupid...but in America maybe it's a fair thought, if these are the risks.

In here this would be plain impossible, if you buy a car and it wasn't stolen through the man you bought it from, it just is yours untill you either sell it or shred it.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats man! Wild story. I pray it doesn't take from the Joy in ownership from today on!

Crank some tunes hit the freeway and burn some fuel off:drive:

OP
OP
H

Harley561

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is the 100,000 question. Of course, they should have already filed. If they did not, it is too late. Seems to be some questions left unanswered......

Chrysler has been going after the original owner, the towing company and the second owner since they first filed the lawsuit in July 2009.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler has been going after the original owner, the towing company and the second owner since they first filed the lawsuit in July 2009.

That's good to hear. They need to make sure that the right person pays for this entire thing, not the innocent ones. Chrysler shouldn't lose money because someone else was deceitful.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have some type of "prevailing party" attorneys' fees clause in your Mercedes purchase contract you may be able to use against Mercedes for reimbursement. However, since Chrysler is the plaintiff and not a party to your purchase contract, you may need to bring a separate breach of contract action against Mercedes. Hopefully, MB will man-up and just pay you your costs.

OP
OP
H

Harley561

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And the saga continues....all the excitement was fun, but I have come to find out this still is not over.

Chrysler has filed a motion for reconsideration on the granted motion to dismiss and we are now in the process of scheduling yet another hearing.

Hopefully I will have definitive good news next time I report here.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ain't Chrysler, it's Chrysler Financial. They don't build cars.

Perhaps, but they are still part of Chrysler Corp as in financing for. And just like they are for their dealers, Chrysler is 100% responsible for the finance co's actions when it's called Chrysler Credit.

They are failing on multiple fronts. After seeing what I went through on my Challenger and a dealer in TX for something truly stupid, when it was time to buy a new ride for her she got a Porsche.

Harley561 : This whole thing is just beyond ridiculous. You have my deepest sympathies. The only thing I would be thinking of is revenge at this point. You are calmer than I would be for sure.

--FQB