Replacing corroded brake lines, options?

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some portions of my brake lines have excessive corrosion so I want to replace them.

What are my options?

- Buy lines specifically for Dodge (would they even come bent correctly for every turn? How would that ship?)

- Buy regular or super duper brake lines by the foot and just snake through the OEM locations? (How much can you bend them without restricting the flow??)

- Other options? (Maybe not replace with the metal ones but instead some steel braided?? Doubt it...)

Thanks for any insight!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure what you need , but you might want to contact Viper Parts of America, as I remember seeing alot of older style brake lines and parts that probably will be getting hard to find -- should save you some bucks too.:2tu:

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OE lines are pre bent, as Bill says thats the best way, they are not that expensive, the newer ones come with plastic sheath coating. Otherwise you can buy the steel line, Mopar part, and make your own if you have the correct flaring tool and know what you're doing. Or yes you can use brake hose braided line (dash 3 size, or you master will not be big enough) but you'll need to get the correct hose ends and need some adapters. All of this I've done. If your > '01, the ABS module should be cycled with the dealer DRB if you've had it apart.

OP
OP
B

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, good info!

With that shared, I think I want OE, pre-bent, and if available for my year (96), with plastic coating.

Now, I'm sure there are multiple parts of the line, thus part numbers.. So I need to figure out what I need exactly, then search (on Viper parts of A?) for the lines.

Thanks again, keep sharing the info!

Added: Searched Viper Parts of A and couldn't find anything for my 96 GTS.. Any ideas of from where I can by OE brake lines??

Last edited:

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, good info!

With that shared, I think I want OE, pre-bent, and if available for my year (96), with plastic coating.

Now, I'm sure there are multiple parts of the line, thus part numbers.. So I need to figure out what I need exactly, then search (on Viper parts of A?) for the lines.

Thanks again, keep sharing the info!

Added: Searched Viper Parts of A and couldn't find anything for my 96 GTS.. Any ideas of from where I can by OE brake lines??

YES - I used OEM earlier this year - go to your local dealer.
I needed the short length of tube into the prop valve of my 96 GTS.
Cheap, pre-bent, flaired with fittings - two weeks on order - you can't go wrong.
All they want it your VIN# - oh yes, "and some money."
Ade.

Reaction score
There are a number of different OEM lines you can purchase - are all of them bad? Here is what they look like according to Mopar:

92-96brakes.jpg

You have a PM...

OP
OP
B

BW96snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:

Thanks, great info, let me inspect against the diagram and order the lines needed. Since I would have things apart, I rather error on the safe side and replace more rather then less..

Thanks again!